Offline hobbies

FalseReality

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I find that I don't really have a lot of things I do that isn't with a screen.

Does have any ideas of things I can do that's completely offline and preferably something I can do indoors? Maybe something that requires more creativity than thought. Something I can improve on over time

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I find that I don't really have a lot of things I do that isn't with a screen.

Does have any ideas of things I can do that's completely offline and preferably something I can do indoors? Maybe something that requires more creativity than thought. Something I can improve on over time
You can draw your favorite characters, learn to crochet/sew clothes and plush animals, play the ukulele, and learn to make wild patterned friendship bracelets with embroidery thread. I personally love drawing anime characters to put on the corkboard in my room, and change them out ever so often. I've tried crocheting before and it was pretty fun, there's tons of tutorials on YouTube to get you started. I play four instruments, and I always recommend the ukulele to people because it's a fun instrument to learn the songs you like on, and uke tabs are easy to find these days. For friendship bracelets, they're easy and cheap to make, and are a great gift for your friends! I've used Bracelet Book to find patterns and inspo (link included) Good luck, hope you have fun!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
Cooking is a fun hobby. Everyone's gotta eat, you can be creative with it, you can use it to impress people, and it's a reward in itself because you get nice food at the end.
Learning an instrument is another good choice. I recently picked up guitar and I'm still dogshit at it, but it's fun.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Go to the gym fella if you want something good to do with your time. I work in the trades and cycle to work so I rarely go gym nowadays as I usually get all the exercise I need, but it was fun when I used to do it when I was younger.

Virtual Cafe Awards

FalseReality

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Indoor FPV drone flying with a toy-grade copter is a lot of fun. This will replace your screen with two tiny screens a couple mm from your eyeballs but you'll also get to solder the parts together and build it. If youre interested I can link you to some parts sites.
How much is it? I can have a look into it

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
I usually read if we're talking about no computer access , but if the power is out and I have some juice left on my laptop, ill watch a movie. I have all 19 seasons of south park on 1 flash drive and it lasted me the entire winter storm.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MantisOrientalis

OpenSUSE btw
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mantismanor.net
If you live in an area where you can go into the forest, maybe just go exploring every once in a while? idk what to call it but its something i like to do. It always cool to be in nature! I just go around the forest and lift up logs and rocks and find bugs/frogs/salamanders/etc. If you want, you can take pics of all the critters/plants you find and keep a scrapbook!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thereal

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I go on lots of walks, once a day when I work, twice when I don't. Its amazing because you're moving your body, getting lots of sensations, and it can clear your head and make you more creative/motivated. I don't live in a big city and the wilderness isn't too far away, so its pretty nice.
strollin.png

also walking with music is great during fall and winter is pretty great.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

Hiking. I would like to do some woodworking but first I need to leave my cuck-flat

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
As others have said, music is the classic one. I think people often feel like they have to be "good" to justify it, but just fucking around with a piano or guitar for yourself and your own pleasure is really rewarding.

If you want to do something inside but more physical, you could try yoga. I've found that it's really enhanced my quality of life, not in a new age yoga freak kind of way but just the health benefits of stretching. It's helped my back a lot and improved my posture sitting at my computer.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
lots of these are great ideas, here's another:
Pick up a martial art. It doesn't matter which, look around and see what seems cool. The whole point is to learn slowly and progress naturally, and everyone starts out absolutely dogshit so there's never any embarrassment. It's great for fitness and mental health, and way more fun that you could possibly hope for. It also fits your criteria, thinking is counterproductive in martial arts and it teaches you to flow without being lost in thought.

Virtual Cafe Awards