What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Online vs Offline Friends

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I was thinking about my life situation and realised the majority of my friends are online friends. I met in person almost all of them but due to life circumstances we only get to hang out and catch up with each other online. And that got me wondering about how's the friends situation for other people.

Is the majority of your friends online or offline?
Most of my true friends are offline. But one of my best friends is an online friend. I'm one of those people that just adds any random friend request on social media sites cause I don't really consider them a place to share real and personal information outside of obscure stories, hobbies and interests. I've met a lot of really interesting people from all kinds of backgrounds, but my favourite part is that I've met a lot of creatives and have been exposed to music that 99.9% of the world will never hear, drawings that will never be seen, and writings that will never be read. It might sound sad to some people, but going viral is an anomaly, and there's so much music and art that is good out there that will never see the light of day. People really do pour their hearts and souls into this stuff and it's one of the few things I can find some sort of hope for humanity within. Just know that if you make art or music, you might have an online friend that is your biggest fan but you'll never know, because either you won't believe them on the pretext that they're your friend, or they'll never tell you because they don't want to be cheesy. I'm sorry to make this about art all of a sudden. I just felt a connection between art and friendship that I needed to convey.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
I was thinking about my life situation and realised the majority of my friends are online friends. I met in person almost all of them but due to life circumstances we only get to hang out and catch up with each other online. And that got me wondering about how's the friends situation for other people.

Is the majority of your friends online or offline?
Most of my IRL friends are , for lack of a better word, fucking retarded and annoying , online friends are ironically more bearable

Virtual Cafe Awards