Opinions of the War on Drugs

-notacoder-

Free-range anaarcho-capitalist
Reaction score
I'm wondering as to your opinions on drug prohibition, whatever form it may take in your country or locality.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
I think people should be free to consume what ever drug they want to if they dont hurt other people. The USA pretty much lost war on drugs as gangs and cartels keep rising in power. and people being put to jail for non-voilent drug related offences is evil fucked up. Just like those private prisons.

Attachments

• 21742936_743675352500669_7685426599904414852_n.jpg
    21742936_743675352500669_7685426599904414852_n.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 389
Virtual Cafe Awards

-notacoder-

Free-range anaarcho-capitalist
Reaction score
aeraesym said:
my hometown's gone to shit not because of drugs, but because of drug trafficking. if people could just buy drugs at a pharmacy I truly believe the world would be a better place.

Sadly, as prohibition has taken drug distribution out of the hands of honest folks and put it into the hands of many a time dangerous drug lords (they can't afford not to be. Street law prevails in this business.), places can go to shit because of drug trafficking.

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm pretty indifferent about the whole thing, although the amount of tax money spent on it does bother me a little.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Axle Rider

The crusade against marijuana bothers me the most.
"Each year, enforcing laws on possession costs more than $3.6 billion, according to the American Civil Liberties Union."
(https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/opinion/high-time-the-injustice-of-marijuana-arrests.html?op-nav)

We shouldn't be spending that kind of money on a drug much less dangerous than alcohol, especially when the economy could profit off of it!
"A mature marijuana industry could generate up to $28 billion in tax revenues for federal, state, and local governments, including $7 billion in federal revenue: $5.5 billion from business taxes and $1.5 billion from income and payroll taxes."
(https://taxfoundation.org/marijuana-tax-legalization-federal-revenue/)

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Legalise PCP.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
1645697937309.png

I think drugs are cringe (alc and cigs included) but I also think every sovereign citizen should be able to decide for himself if he wants to be cringe, as long as he doesn't hurt others. As long as people are sufficiently taught about the dangers of drug abuse, preferably at a young age, everyone can make his own informed decision. Nearly everyone who lights his first cigarette today knows about the dangers involved so if they want to fuck up their lives, who is the government to stop them? Legalize it. I don't care.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 19701

I think drugs are cringe (alc and cigs included) but I also think every sovereign citizen should be able to decide for himself if he wants to be cringe, as long as he doesn't hurt others. As long as people are sufficiently taught about the dangers of drug abuse, preferably at a young age, everyone can make his own informed decision. Nearly everyone who lights his first cigarette today knows about the dangers involved so if they want to fuck up their lives, who is the government to stop them? Legalize it. I don't care.
1645698551952.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
I think that police should be taking the addicts off the streets and putting them into mandatory rehab with supervised parole when deemed healthy enough until such time as they can be released. Sounds expensive but it's way cheaper than our current failed system.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DruidVibes

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
You should be able to drugs if you want to. But there should also be less stigma with going to rehab if you need to. And there should be more funding to research the full effects of these drugs, so that everyone can know the side effects and what you can't mix together.

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
I'm wondering as to your opinions on drug prohibition, whatever form it may take in your country or locality.
Are you fucking retarded , drugs are inanimate objects. How the fuck can you go to war with them

Virtual Cafe Awards