Opinions of the War on Drugs

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I see. From a canadian point of view, the USA seems truly dystopian at times.
I imagine many of the issues in Canada stem directly from following the USA's example, including this one

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I imagine many of the issues in Canada stem directly from following the USA's example, including this one
While it is true that we indeed follow the USA on a lot of things, it is my impression that we often get better versions of things conceptualized in the USA as they were trialed first and any misteps is seen. That being said I am no canadian politics expert, so perphaps I just don't have enough information.

dimensionalist

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
The war on drugs = trash and based on trash attitudes. You can't punish people more than the deserve to be punished. Three strikes laws are trash also. The Mexican drug war, Duterte getting people to shoot anyone who does drugs in the Philippines, its all wrong. To some extent you have to just let the drugs do the harm they will.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think that cracking down on trafficking for some drugs that cause obvious societal harm like opiates is OK, but no one should ever be arrested for simple possession.

Stuff like weed and most psychedelics? Fuck off it's my body.

Virtual Cafe Awards