Opinions on Dead malls

• Thread starter Emy_SJ
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4960 times.

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
What would you guys do to revive/reuse these dying/dead malls? I've heard interesting ideas about turning them into housing. It would be a cheap and quick way to get a lot of land, recreational space, space for businesses could be revived, and you'd have sections of the mall dedicated to housing the very same people who would frequent these businesses. I think it would work best if companies continue to look towards remote work.
A big part of the reason they're dying is because they were superfluous in the first place. Back when malls were extremely popular, there was a massive boom and mini-malls were built everywhere, near every rinky-dink town you could think of east of the great plains. Now only the malls that were actually built in locations with long-term viability are still alive. As for what to do with the dead ones, I say tear em down, rip up the parking lots, and start replanting woodland all over.

Virtual Cafe Awards

the-dude-abides

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What are your opinions on Dead malls? Do you like them? Do you hate them? Have you walked in a Dead mall? I want to know your opinions.

I'll start first: I think Dead malls are a comfort place where you want to stop time and go look back at what that mall was before. It fills me with nostalgia and memories (sometimes) from when I was a kid and went to malls with my family. I watch this vlogger that has a series of Dead malls if you are intrested, (I linked one of my favorites videos, but you can check out the other malls she had reviewed)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AISkumKsRE&t=182s

The dead mall in my city is just depressing, not nostalgiac. I wish they would knock it down and build housing or something there.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Dead malls fascinate me. I've always adored the lonesome vibe they get, as if I stumbled on a place full of long-forgotten memories (it's a retarded way to think but thinking retardly is what makes life fun). I especially like how sobering it feels, because there isn't crowds of people and constant stimulation every way you turn, it's just quiet, and you're left to your thoughts.

Overall very cool, though I think dead malls are something you can't really visit with friends because it disturbs that pretty vibe... and also because most people don't like dead malls :(

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
IMG_20190803_143838_487.jpg

I love dead (or dying) malls. Pic related is from a mall I grew up going to. Every time I go there now, I wonder how it's still open...almost no one is there, very little has changed since the 90s in the way of decor, and the whole place has a feeling of emptiness and tranquility. Somehow it's still alive, but I fear not for very much longer.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nakadashi

Horny on main.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
kuro-neko.xyz
View attachment 44276
I love dead (or dying) malls. Pic related is from a mall I grew up going to. Every time I go there now, I wonder how it's still open...almost no one is there, very little has changed since the 90s in the way of decor, and the whole place has a feeling of emptiness and tranquility. Somehow it's still alive, but I fear not for very much longer.
Did you take that pic? Is it film?
Love how 90's it looks.

Virtual Cafe Awards