Otherkin, Therian and Alterhuman

Xovi

The Main Delight
Reaction score
Awards
well obviously I have to compromise as a wagie, right now it's mostly just creative activities (drawing and also worldbuilding) and cat behaviors (like rubbing, purring etc) in general when I'm alone in home. I also work out sometime and would like to try out keto diet as well.
charge your vril

Virtual Cafe Awards

Xovi

The Main Delight
Reaction score
Awards
12412412412412414124124124124.JPG

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

thewhiterose

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm going to reply to the OP regardless of the insane derailing that went on here lul.

I personally think that there is a real fine line when it comes to this otherkin stuff. It's foolish to try to act like it's not a sexual/fetish thing for the majority of vocal people who practice this. And I have a serious problem with people making their fetishes MY problem by them being thrust into my unsuspecting eyes.
I have, IRL, experienced otherkin weirdos who go around saying that they are "in heat" and wearing collars and other sexual degeneracy. I hate it, and I hate that fetish shit has become so acceptable out in the open. Do it at home.

Now that I've gotten the fetishtards out of the way, I will give my opinion on the side that does not identify with it for sexual reasons.

I think that, first of all, making fun of teenagers for engaging in creative play is a certified Retard Move. I think that whatever gets teens excited to create art, write stories, or engage in wholesome roleplay is exactly what we need in a society where the younger generations are coming up on braindead due to how uncreative and uninspired they are. (Obviously it's horrific that the degenerates from my above paragraph also exist in these teen spaces)

And I saw people mentioning a lot that they noticed girls/women tend to take part in this culture more than boys/men. And I'm going to put my very annoying feminist hat on and give my theory. It's exactly why there are so many fakebois.

Growing up and hitting puberty as a girl is something that men seem to not really have a concept of, but it is extremely unpleasant with a side of body horror. You're telling me I now BLEED out of my WHAT? And if I partake in the thing boys are now pressuring me into (sex) I can have a literal Alien Xenomorph take over my organs that will after 9 months force its way out of my genitals, not caring if it rips all the way to my asshole in the process?

Yeah, I think most can understand wanting to animorph into a horse (or a man trans style) with that angle presented.

I've gone on for too long, but to lightly touch on adults (that are not developmentally disabled) participating in this for fun and not sex reasons, good for you just do not make people uncomfortable in your daily life. Gain self awareness and be aware of your affect on others. Don't fucking bark at me at the grocery store, but wear your little wolf tail and I'll see it and smile. Because I LIKE individuality, and the world needs more people being themselves in a way that's not a detriment to others' comfort.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
well obviously I have to compromise as a wagie, right now it's mostly just creative activities (drawing and also worldbuilding) and cat behaviors (like rubbing, purring etc) in general when I'm alone in home. I also work out sometime and would like to try out keto diet as well.
Keto is quite a good diet, i've tried it, and i might say helps a lot.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
yep and that's how I got my username.
Doesn't it bother you or discomfort you that (more likely than not) you don't look nothing like the image of your nekosona?

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
alright pink fluffy cat, I immediately assumed you are a troll, but some people just act like that so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

From your description of yourself there is literally no reason why you are a cat. When I was a kid I liked exploring around in weird places and I liked animals and bugs and I loved cats, but I am not a cat. Essentially you made up an identity for yourself. That is not a real thing. If your definition of otherkin is just kind of a vibe and wanting to be an animal then what the fuck is it? You can't be "not entirely human" its a paradox, your experience has to be entirely inside the wider human experience. I guarantee there are millions of people just like you, all human. There is no other, if you were born from a human you are human.

Also, you don't know what cats think or feel, and your intelligence makes you unable to have the same experience as a cat. If a cat somehow had human intelligence it would probably think you were doing a racist impression of it. The way I see it, this is no different than people calling themselves trans racial or trans disabled, or thinking they are god. For some reason you want to identify with an idealized version of something that you are not. I mean I love cats, and if you want to have a funny cat avatar that's cool, but what the hell man. If you believe things this delusional, you are going to fuck up your head for good.

I know people in real life that were bordering on the tumblr deviantart furry/otherkin/whatever thing as kids around like 2014, and they were kind of annoying, but they grew up fine, and if that's you than whatever.

Also this is a cool video

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I'm not going up in details but here's my nekosona.
View attachment 44081
a.jpg

Interesting. To be honest, I was very much contemplating the possibility that you were just a troll/bait account, as we have had those here in the past. Yet, for me at least, this is serviceable enough as proof. With AI art nowadays, it's easy to fake something like this, though I find that this drawing looks to genuine for that. In which case, I should also say that I like your art skills pepsimanthumbsup

Although I'll take everything you've said as genuine, I don't plan on commenting on the implications of you believing yourself to be a cat, though I may have to if this devolves into a larger argument (and only if you're doing a really bad job of defending your points). In any case, know that I'm at least willing to be more lenient towards your beliefs than some other people ITT.

thewhiterose

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If you had read my post at all you would have read the entire preface where I first pointed out that I have no sympathy for fetish freaks. So your comment is less so clever and moreso showing your poor reading comprehension dude

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
If you had read my post at all you would have read the entire preface where I first pointed out that I have no sympathy for fetish freaks. So your comment is less so clever and moreso showing your poor reading comprehension dude
Twas a joke dude, stop being so BUTThurt about it

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Doesn't it bother you or discomfort you that (more likely than not) you don't look nothing like the image of your nekosona?
yes and that's why I drew it down so at least I can have something to cope with.

alright pink fluffy cat, I immediately assumed you are a troll, but some people just act like that so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

From your description of yourself there is literally no reason why you are a cat. When I was a kid I liked exploring around in weird places and I liked animals and bugs and I loved cats, but I am not a cat. Essentially you made up an identity for yourself. That is not a real thing. If your definition of otherkin is just kind of a vibe and wanting to be an animal then what the fuck is it? You can't be "not entirely human" its a paradox, your experience has to be entirely inside the wider human experience. I guarantee there are millions of people just like you, all human. There is no other, if you were born from a human you are human.

Also, you don't know what cats think or feel, and your intelligence makes you unable to have the same experience as a cat. If a cat somehow had human intelligence it would probably think you were doing a racist impression of it. The way I see it, this is no different than people calling themselves trans racial or trans disabled, or thinking they are god. For some reason you want to identify with an idealized version of something that you are not. I mean I love cats, and if you want to have a funny cat avatar that's cool, but what the hell man. If you believe things this delusional, you are going to fuck up your head for good.

I know people in real life that were bordering on the tumblr deviantart furry/otherkin/whatever thing as kids around like 2014, and they were kind of annoying, but they grew up fine, and if that's you than whatever.

Also this is a cool video

I know I'm not biologically a neko, and probably would never be, I just related myself more toward cats instead of human, even despite I'm aware of the negative side of cats. Do I have the spirit of a cat? Probably not, but I still feel better as my nekoself instead of a "functioning normie social member". Being an otherkin actually help my psychological condition, and that' why I'm not giving it up no matters how autistic it sounds.

Besides, according to scientists, cats think of humans as bigger cat, so that's not a problem for biological cats as they won't mind.

I can see where you come from tho, when the first search result of "otherkin" gave results like this, I can't really blame people for putting otherkins as the same tier as waifu nerds.

View attachment 44160
Interesting. To be honest, I was very much contemplating the possibility that you were just a troll/bait account, as we have had those here in the past. Yet, for me at least, this is serviceable enough as proof. With AI art nowadays, it's easy to fake something like this, though I find that this drawing looks to genuine for that. In which case, I should also say that I like your art skills pepsimanthumbsup

Although I'll take everything you've said as genuine, I don't plan on commenting on the implications of you believing yourself to be a cat, though I may have to if this devolves into a larger argument (and only if you're doing a really bad job of defending your points). In any case, know that I'm at least willing to be more lenient towards your beliefs than some other people ITT.
Thanks, I made my arts using paint tool sai 2, if that helps.
screencap.png

Reaction score
Awards
yes and that's why I drew it down so at least I can have something to cope with.
You know, with enough effort, you kinda can look like her, just do the right diet, the right excersises, let your hair grow long enough, use make up and accesories, and it's set and done, just take chaoko for example, do not give up bud, everything is possible with effort, even making a crippled being able to walk (technicisms are king)
1668924425474.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
Do I have the spirit of a cat? Probably not, but I still feel better as my nekoself instead of a "functioning normie social member". Being an otherkin actually help my psychological condition, and that' why I'm not giving it up no matters how autistic it sounds.
I also work out sometime and would like to try out keto diet as well.
blessed posts :gigachad:
You're somewhere in my top 6 favourite Agora users already

Virtual Cafe Awards