What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Outdated Internet Slang

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 6014 times.

NeoTokyo Tempo

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Less of a slang thing and more of an old internet thing in general, but i really miss seeing people use emoticons.
Especially now with the overbearing presence of emojis, they have basically no chance of ever coming back. I still use them, but i guess that places me in the minority XD
People stopped using emoticons when websites and apps started autocorrecting them to emojis. I remember thinking it was aids when I first saw it happen.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Rikstah

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't even know the last time I saw brb or gtg. Now everyone just replies ages later so there's never a need for it.
damn... you're right i didn't even notice that change. Because technically on a smartphone you're always at keyboard theres no gtg or brb needed.

Brb and gtg came and went with the instant messenger era.

Virtual Cafe Awards