Phrases that piss you off

Reaction score
Awards
Idk, i'm like jessie rn, everything people says irl piss me off, people is so annoying tbh.

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
it isnt a phrase but i hate whenever anyone uses the word "just".

"Just build a house"
"Just get money"
"Just drive here"
"Just keep it simple"

It seems to only be used to minimize things that are difficult on some level without any further explanation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Plants

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
"no ethical consumption under capitalism"

i find it's often used by people as a way to forego any sense of personal responsibility/change in their actions

Virtual Cafe Awards

FIshByte

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
fishbyte.neocities.org
"Those who can't do, teach"
I don't know man, I think that it's a really unfair statement to a lot of teachers. It takes a special kind of person to articulate what they know effectively. I've met really bad teachers, and I've met really really good teachers, but that phrase just bothers me.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Never heard anyone call zero "naught" until Junior year chemistry. It confused me for the longest time when my teacher was using it without explaining the context, I just never heard anyone say it like that before. I caught on to it but now I just don't like people who say naught instead of zero.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
If you didn't grow up in the south, you have absolutely no business saying "y'all." It's also one of those things that you should never type anyway, and only say out loud.
It's so weird to hear coastal liberal white women pick this up. I wish they'd go whole-hog southern and also do stuff like refer to adults as "{Mr.|Miss} {firstname}" and whisper the word "black" in the middle of spoken conversation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I hate when people say "no one will remember X in 500 years, so it doesn't matter." Or "the sun will explode in 5 billion years and end everything, so X is ultimately pointless."
Things don't have to last forever to have meaning, that's a stupid criteria. The future is wide open. What we do and who we choose to be in the present moment matters. Anyone who tells you it doesn't is lying to themselves.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
"Well, you know what they say..."
Who is they?
"Are you okay?"
In the context of a greeting, they do not care if you are okay or not and if you are not you either have to pretend you are fine or explain why you are not to someone who does not care.
"Just saying."
Anytime anyone says this to me it is after criticising me for something. Anytime I hear anyone say this to anyone it is when they are criticising them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
"Let me help you" or "You won't let me help you".
Have you ever considered that maybe you just see a problem where there is not any? This is a very manipulative phrase.

Virtual Cafe Awards