Phrases that piss you off

"Calm down, it's just a joke."
I hate this especially when it's used in relation to posts or comments that aren't even jokes, just bullshit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3990

"y'all," "...but ok," "what the fuck did i just walk into," "we're just hairless apes on a floating rock," "i don't like people," "i fucking hate you, we aren't a community," "doggo," "i'm an introvert," "NFTs and metaverse," "play stupid games win stupid prizes," "men will literally X instead of going to therapy," "gaslighting," "i don't like men my age, i deserve the love of a GROWN man (is 30 herself)"
And that's just in English. There are so many more in the other two languages I speak.

"y'all," "...but ok," "what the fuck did i just walk into," "we're just hairless apes on a floating rock," "i don't like people," "i fucking hate you, we aren't a community," "doggo," "i'm an introvert," "NFTs and metaverse," "play stupid games win stupid prizes," "men will literally X instead of going to therapy," "gaslighting," "i don't like men my age, i deserve the love of a GROWN man (is 30 herself)"
And that's just in English. There are so many more in the other two languages I speak.
I fucking hate pseudo-intellectual, social media browsing nihilists.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Nebulous

Carpe diem
Reaction score
Awards
Website
offtopix.com
I hate when people say "Do you mind if I <insert blank>?"
....because you're suppose to say 'No' if you don't mind. But I say 'yes' because in my head they are asking permission to do something so the answer is 'yes' but I am supposed to say 'no' to indicate 'yes'

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
why do you hate "y'all"?

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
why do you hate "y'all"?
I can't stand it when people who clearly don't say "y'all" as part of their everyday speaking voice use the phrase because they think it makes them sound more down to earth and "folksy," especially if it's in text. It always has the opposite effect.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I can't stand it when people who clearly don't say "y'all" as part of their everyday speaking voice use the phrase because they think it makes them sound more down to earth and "folksy," especially if it's in text. It always has the opposite effect.
I mean I use it on and off. sometimes it just feels like the correct word to use to me. I can't say I've ever really come across someone who uses it just to sound more folksy

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
"agree to disagree"

There's nothing terrible with this phrase but whenever someone says it I'm usually in the middle of an argument and I think it's a cheap escape from losing. They might be seeking to avoid further conflict, but I feel it's them trying to stop their ideas from being proven wrong.
I do use this phrase, but usually only when a discussion has gone around and around in circles multiple times, we have all repeated our points numerous times, and both of us think we're right.

Funny thing is, if you don't form your identity as a person around the pieces of entertainment you like, criticizing them doesn't hurt any body either.
In fact, criticising them can only make them better. If a piece of work is genuinely flawed, and it gets enough valid criticism, the follow up should absolutely be better for everyone involved.

I fucking hate pseudo-intellectual, social media browsing nihilists.
Oh dang. I'll stop posting then

Last edited:
I hate people calling me "sexist" or imply that, especially when they write it in a holier than thou undertone, i start thinking of them as rapists instinctually. The second i see that "you need therapy" undertone i just stop writing. I know some people that write about how sexist people are on the internet, people that write shit like "women hater" unironically and they are never not-creepy or women, calling men sexist obsessively is a creepy male exclusive thing. This becomes worse when it is people i know irl or faces attached because the last time i went in deep to someone calling people sexist i learnt he is on the run for rape and forced prostution. I try to think of it in a rational way, sexist men exist, toxic masc is a real thing and women face it really hard in where i live soo why would people that argue for gender equality be bad? Then all that mental gymnastic gets crushed by empirical evidence.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I'm tired of those slang phrases people pick up off American social media. You know, "finna", "bussin", "no cap", "fr", the list goes on. Hell, I don't even know precisely how they came to be, it's just part of the unstoppable deluge of media that comes out of the USA. It's somewhat frustrating living halfway around the world and still essentially being part of a microcosm of US culture, but here we are. The jargon in question doesn't work well in written form to begin with.
this is simply the final step in america conquering the world. now bow to my healthy 750lb frame and give me my microwaved mayonnaise snack

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
"Before I continue, Youtube statistics are informing me, that most of you watching this video, are not actually subscribed to my channel. So, click that red subscribe button and hit that notification bell to get the latest updates!"

Virtual Cafe Awards

AMC_Squared

Amazing Aspie
Reaction score
Awards
- Doggo, chonker, and any stupid way of calling animals a retarded name
- "You sir have won the internet!" Stupid outdated millennial phrase
- "Ohio [INSERT OBJECT HERE]" Band kid humor
- "It's just a cloth on your face. Just wear it." Back in 2020 and 2021. Funny how people forget the stupid shit they would tell others not even a year ago yet they throw away all those rules when they find it convenient
- Valley girls, and gay dudes in California saying stupid shit like "Slayyyyy queen, YAAAAASSSSS" Shit just sounds annoying
- Gen Z kids yelling "Wassup" every time they're about to fight with each other

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
- "It's just a cloth on your face. Just wear it." Back in 2020 and 2021. Funny how people forget the stupid shit they would tell others not even a year ago yet they throw away all those rules when they find it convenient
My mom got a flu earlier this year and went to a restaurant and did all her usual errands after she recovered, but then she decided to take a covid test and after it came back positive she INSISTED on wearing a mask everywhere outdoors, even to places she had went to maskless after she got sick but before she took the test.

Virtual Cafe Awards