Phrases that piss you off

FlangerFobia

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
People who just add "-core" to everything to sound unique

People who refer to kids as crotch goblins

Most of all i cant fucking stand it when people call the vax the jab. Like i just cant stand it. Like has anyone in the usa used that phrase before 2021? I doubt it, and i hate it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MantisOrientalis

OpenSUSE btw
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mantismanor.net
People who just add "-core" to everything to sound unique

People who refer to kids as crotch goblins

Most of all i cant fucking stand it when people call the vax the jab. Like i just cant stand it. Like has anyone in the usa used that phrase before 2021? I doubt it, and i hate it.
this shit is especially annoying when the rabid tiktok dogs attach -core to things that already exist and make labels out of them. like how vaporwave was lumped with webcore and the mario 64 iceberg/liminal 3d spaces/etc was lumped with weirdcore and dreamcore. these communities already existed and are commodified for clout on tumorous social media platforms like tiktok and twitter

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Just thought of another one: "Code switching," but with its "new" meaning. Originally, code switching was a term in linguistics referring to someone using different languages in the same conversation--for example, Mexicans who grew up in the US swapping between English and Spanish from sentence to sentence (or in the same sentence), newspapers in the Philippines being written mostly in English but quoting someone directly in Tagalog without translating, etc. That's what the term means to me, and I think it's an interesting phenomenon deserving of its own name.

Sometime in the last few years, however, cultural anthropologists/the broader social sciences caught on to the term and started using it to mean something completely orthogonal, maybe even opposite: an individual speaking or behaving differently in different contexts (using a "white" voice, using a "straight" voice, etc). Thanks to NPR and the degenerate puberty cartoon on Netflix, this definition has pretty much steamrolled the real definition.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Funnily enough, irrespective, a positive followed by a 'but...', based, ion (as in i don't), brewski and many more.
ion know what half thos words mean but pretty based brewski

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

"science"

as in "science science science" as uttered by leftists.

why it drives me insane: these people hate science. they condemn science at every turn, they spout folktales and mythology and witchcraft instead of sceince. the scientific method is "fascism"

jdnt

happy 1992!
Reaction score
Awards
I hate when people say "youse". As in, "you all". As in, "have youse seen the boss today?" So disgusting.

"Have you seen that TikTok?" or "Its like that TikTok" or anything referring to TikTok irl. The same people will say things like "People are so dumb" or "I hate people" like do you not understand you are the "people"? Everybody else is like you, just say you hate yourself.

Anything juvenile like "what did you say? say it to my face!" or "you talking shit?" and other bad attempts at being funny.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
"Have you seen that TikTok?" or "Its like that TikTok" or anything referring to TikTok irl.
Anyone who talks about being on TikTok when they're older than Gen Z makes me feel sad for them and a little disgusted

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
"I'm an introvert"

No. you just have low confidence, you little sissy. Stop larping as some edgy misanthrope.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have a word that piss me off, it's really hard to piss me off really, and words aren't capable to do so, at least for me, but i always get kinda frustrated when someone says random shit they use the excuse of being "Schizoposting" or calling themselves schizos, like, yeah i got the meme and all, but idk, i never liked the idea of self proclaiming that you have certain mental condition but it's not real it's just larp, there are many people suffering from real mental issues, people who needs support, and this people are just romanticizing this kind of stuff, like it was a satire for this people, it doesn't piss me off, but makes me feel uncomfortable.

Also is not a phrase, but i dislike people who try to justify being an asshole because of their mental condition, being depressed doesn't justified you from being a disrespectful bitch.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

ketracel 白

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
If you didn't grow up in the south, you have absolutely no business saying "y'all." It's also one of those things that you should never type anyway, and only say out loud.
Same with "folks" imo. I really only ever hear politicians and media pundits audibly use the word, I think it's something they say to sound.. relatable? Idk. Never heard an actual person in my real life use it.

Here's a few more, mostly confined to online/twitter

"y'all not ready for that conversation"
"can we please talk about ___"
"normalize <something that should not be normalized>"
"gender affirming"
"hope this helps!"
"based"

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
"Let's see" or "Maybe"

When asking someone something specific Like "When do you want to meet" or "Do you come along" or "Do you want to kick it" or "Should I take you with me" or "Do you wanna join?"

Either Yes or No. Or say why you cant give an decisive answer yet. It really gets on my nerve when trying to organise something or when trying to plan a meetup or Date the person just cant give an answer and One week Later when asked again they finally can.

Like when I ask you if you want to come along and join an anti govt protest with me in 4days I want to know for certain and not wait if the fine gentleman or madam can come down his or her throne and answer to the peasant (me) lmao.

Alternatively you just wont be asked anymore since its wasted energy, but dont complain afterwards you dont have any friends or get ghosted. Retard

Virtual Cafe Awards

jdnt

happy 1992!
Reaction score
Awards
Like when I ask you if you want to come along and join an anti govt protest with me in 4days I want to know for certain and not wait if the fine gentleman or madam can come down his or her throne and answer to the peasant (me) lmao.

Alternatively you just wont be asked anymore since its wasted energy, but dont complain afterwards you dont have any friends or get ghosted. Retard
Oh yeah, definitely. I always bring up a day to catch up and sometimes people will respond with, "sorry I'm busy then" and then not reply. Your highness, would you please tell me when you are available? Or shall I ring off a list of dates for you to shake or nod your head at? These people don't deserve friendship.

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Oh yeah, definitely. I always bring up a day to catch up and sometimes people will respond with, "sorry I'm busy then" and then not reply. Your highness, would you please tell me when you are available? Or shall I ring off a list of dates for you to shake or nod your head at? These people don't deserve friendship.

Lmao, definitely the list of dates and awaiting their nod like a cartoon advisor

Virtual Cafe Awards