manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
"This is the problem of future generations, not ours."

Not caring about the future is pure folly. As a related note, Pokemon Sword & Shield's "moral message" is just destructive.

mauer

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
drive.google.com
If you didn't grow up in the south, you have absolutely no business saying "y'all." It's also one of those things that you should never type anyway, and only say out loud.
This one really gets me. I'm from the south. It seems like the contraction got co-opted into some sort of weird inclusivity thing, and now I hear it more from liberal/tumblr types than actual southerners.

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
"If you don't like it then it's not FOR you!!" Perhaps you're right. Maybe it's not for me.

BUT......

That shouldn't automatically mean it's free from objective standards and perceptions.

EX:
Person A: "Hey that building looks ugly as sin maybe we should get rid of it before it demoralizes the population"
Person B: "Well I LIKE it and if YOU don't like it tHaN iT's NoT fOr YoU! hAtEr!!"

Virtual Cafe Awards

RussiaSushi

Russia Sushi Delcious and Cheap
Reaction score
Awards
All the Business Phrases used in meetings that mean nothing or to make you look important take your pick and feel free to add your own they all piss me off

"Higher level answer"
"just wanted to get a pulse on this situation"
"touch bases"
"that's on our glide path"
"Make sure all our ducks are in row"

Probably just because i hear them repeated at every meeting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

stonehead

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
argusarts.com
One that kinda bothers me is when people say "Narrative" when talking about history, or current events.

History is just a series of things that happened, if you go into it expecting a "Narrative" with heroes and arcs and villains, you aren't going to see what really happened. It's like a bunch of people saw some propaganda, realized it didn't accurately reflect reality, and instead of saying "history doesn't follow a narrative structure" they said "we're going to change the narrative."

There's no interest in attempting to be more accurate, there's only interest in spinning things to benefit the speaker.