Phrases that piss you off

AMC_Squared

Amazing Aspie
Reaction score
Awards
My mom got a flu earlier this year and went to a restaurant and did all her usual errands after she recovered, but then she decided to take a covid test and after it came back positive she INSISTED on wearing a mask everywhere outdoors, even to places she had went to maskless after she got sick but before she took the test.
Something that will make her get her guard down is by taking her out to eat. My brother used to wear double masks and would scold me every time I went out with friends. Every time we took him out to eat, he's forced to take his mask off. Then, we would have a good time with my family together that we forgot about the pandemic so we would also "forget" to wear our masks. Tried it with others in my university and I guess it works. Now my brother goes to concerts all the time and refuses to get a booster and regrets taking the two vaccines like I told him to

Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
ending a long message with 'thank you for coming to my TED Talk'

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
"You just fucked with the wrong (insert job/title/ect)"
I hear it all the time in comedy shows and movies, it's so embarrassing

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: wot

Aral

Naval enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aralsheart.ichi.city
- "science said it" -> people don't realize science is ridden with conflicts of interest and treat it like a goddamn religion. Science isn't supposed to be settled either.
I'm circling back on this one: I've noticed a fair amount of people swear by science when it benefits them, but are just as eager to dismiss it when it doesn't fit their narrative. Either way the word "science" has lost its meaning, like many others.

- What do you do in life? ("in life", as if living automatically means you have to be "doing something", but that "doing something" is heavily tied to society's definition of "doing something")
Okay, I do cringe a bit at this one. Even if it still irks me a bit, I do understand now that it's nothing more than a norm and that yeah, we should actually be "doing something". Though I wish it wasn't used to dismiss things that aren't considered "work". I however still dislike the "earn a living" (in French it sounds even worse, "gagner sa vie", "win your life") thing, because it implies you earn your right to survive. But again, I've more or less integrated it as a norm and that I should just brush it off rather than get riled up.

Also, dammit I was an angry fellow back when I answered that post a couple years ago. Now most of these phrases are low-key annoying at worst but nothing that would send me into an angry rant like it did back in the day. I more or less ignore them, because they're not worth getting my panties in a knot about anyway. I've grown...

Virtual Cafe Awards
It's all in your head.
Yu are thinking too much - ok then, make me not
We are like family here - yeeeeah, dysfunctional one (at work)
There are lot fish... - yeah, yet you Know me, maybe some help buddy?
Grow a pair, a little - this is just funny, my ballsdidn't descended and there were worse matter at hand when that was doable
You don't understand - I don't, you surely can explaaaaain thAt!
Science stuff parables Xiaohle talked about
West/capitalism/democracy/X has fallen; the YouTube cookie-cutouts - yet, you do nothing , o do not, I am just watching teachers 7757364747th video like yours like that...
Math/science don't care about your feelings - maybe, but your feelings are still valid <3, if you still have them, even if they are "useless" - you can't find reason with What makes sense (God)
There are 72 genders - ok, how that affects your ability to function? Don't you make yourself been hurt by words you inflict on yourself as Curses?
Fuck around, figure out - no, just don't. Don't threaten me with good and random time. You don't know how I attract chaos XD.
You are see-thru (or similar) - well sorry, that world been shit to you. This is just I think how we all should roll!

Virtual Cafe Awards
If not mentioned here already, but I doubt,
Customer is always right, have to have second part that specify the exception (forgot what one lol, maybe about courtesy...)

Virtual Cafe Awards
If not mentioned here already, but I doubt,
Customer is always right, have to have second part that specify the exception (forgot what one lol, maybe about courtesy...)
Customer is always right about taste?

I fucking hate any based/chad/soyjak speak the edgy teens do. It is mostly used for people with absolute 0 thought in their head to pick a side. If you cover any ideology with some based and chad here and there, they will be in support of that ideology radically.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AnHero

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
"Are you okay?"
In the context of a greeting, they do not care if you are okay or not and if you are not you either have to pretend you are fine or explain why you are not to someone who does not care.
I think people who take issue with basic greetings are being lame. If they don't care, and you know they don't care, then who cares? Just say 'I'm fine.' or 'I fucked your mother' if you really wanna stick it to the man.

AnHero

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Somehow I've never really had a use for 'tl;dr'. When a text is too long and rambling I just quit reading it and move on without saying anything. It's not like I'm stuck in a meeting, where reading Internet posts is mandatory. It's not like this random Internet post is so crucially important that I just have to understand it. If, in some rare case, it is, I'll just take the time to get thru it and try to understand. Are people strapped for time or something, so they have to get the quick summary? Unless there's some thug with a gun to your head giving you ten minutes, why not just skim, or save it for later?

I dunno, it just seems like one of those things people say just cause it's easy to be snarky on the Internet. Imagine if we were sending letters and shit, and you got some long-ass one, and you had to send your 'tl;dr' in the mail, and pay for the stamp and wait a day for it to reach it's destination and shit. People would just read the letter instead of sending a 'tl;dr'.

AnHero

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I also dislike it when people put a 'tl;dr' at the end of their post, to acquiesce to pea-brains. Like I said, your random Internet post is not the most important thing on the planet. You don't have to put out the abridged version so that more people can read it; just ramble like you want to, and the people who are going to read it will read it.

Actually I dislike a lot of 'Internet appeasement gestures', like when people edit comments to say 'thanks for all the likes!!!' or 'please keep things civil in the replies!!!'. It just comes off as phony community-building.

I as well dislike when people edit their comment to come off like they're above the brawling barbarians with some shit like 'these replies are a warzone :blueskull: :blueskull:' or when they pretend to be pissed about their notifs blowing up; 'Can you guys stop commenting-'-- nigga just ignore them. I literally have over 900 notifications waiting for me on Youtube that I never bother looking at.

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
'please keep things civil in the replies!!!'
Someday I'd like to post:
EDIT: THEY'RE BRUTALIZING ME IN THE REPLIES, SEND REINFORCEMENTS.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
war crimes in the replies! war crimes in the replies!
NOOOO THEY PILLAGED MY R EDDIT GOLD, AVENGE ME KIND SIRS! BRING ME JUSTICE IN THE NAME OF THE BOYFRIEND OF MY WIFE!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Anyone who still uses infantile >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk-tier vocabulary in the year of our lord twenty twenty three doesn't deserve human rights.
An inexhaustive list:
  • Doggo
  • Kiddo
  • Snek
  • Snoot
  • Heck(in')
You're fucking adults.

It's more likely than you think. Mostly older millennials in my experience.

Virtual Cafe Awards