Plants, Green Houses, and Solarpunk aesthetic

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
Changi Airport in Singapore has an indoor rainforest which I think fits the whole solarpunk aesthetic
Day mode:
the-giant-water-fall-hsbc-rain-vortex-and-beautiful-green-nature-shiseido-forest-valley-in-the...jpg

Night mode:
night-view-of-the-hsbc.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Oasisboi

Physical embodiment of The Oasis
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Oasisboi

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCsESI-DuxA

Solarpunk architecture should be aesthetically pleasing while also using sustainable or reused materials.
It should also have uses specialized to the specific area it is in while also being able to keep you alive sustainably

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Oasisboi

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
yeah about that:
Overlook the clickbaity title but Shipping Containers in particular are not a good choice despite they make you think you're re- or upcycling them

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7yEDz6bCfU

yea I heard alot about this. It's usually good only if you completely diy'd it with fully recycled materials including the crate. Using new shipping crates is sorta a waste unlike using a kinda out of service one.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
Hello all,

I thought I'd do a little write-up, if only for my own amusement, on my coffee plant.

I bought this three inch, five dollar plant on a whim at the garden store while I was purchasing other supplies. I didn't know much about the plant, transplanted it into a pot, and stuck it in the window. At the time, I was busy with many other plants and didn't pay much mind to the coffee plant. During the first year, the plant grew to about a foot, half it's allowable size for the pot it was in. It struggled due to neglect. I ended up moving to an entirely different part of the country with entirely different climate. I again neglected the coffee plant but it thrived, doubled in size, reaching it's maximum size for the pot, and I didn't know why.

Eighteen months later, I returned to my previous place of residence, two foot coffee plant in hand. I decided that it was time to learn about coffee plants and why it struggled in one place and thrived in another. It's now two years after having returned home and my coffee plant is over eight feet tall, having produced beans last year which I roasted myself. I'm expecting a much higher yield this year.

Attached are some photos for your enjoyment:

Flower buds: (Unfortunately, I cannot find any photos I took of the flowers. They smell similar to jasmine flowers but half as strongly.)
View attachment 23420

Coffee cherries:
View attachment 23421
View attachment 23422

Beans extracted from the cherries:
View attachment 23423

Dried beans on the right (with husk). Green beans (term when husk is removed) on the left. Typically beans are never stored green however coffee beans are roasted only after removing the husk:
View attachment 23424

Roasted beans (gas stove):
View attachment 23425

A couple of good, though slightly boring, cups of coffee from a five dollar coffee plant that put up with years of neglect followed by a lot of love and attention:
View attachment 23426
High tier PFP

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

selfKaiHarness

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm all in for a solarpunk future, call me an optimist but i think this is very likely we're slowly heading towards that route towards a solar-oriented future. Even the likelihood of solar sails is pretty high in the future. In fact, i would ride a solar sail at high-speeds towards a city full of algal pools and solar panels with unique designs with solar highways for solar sailers to find their way in. It'd be an awesome future to have.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'm all in for a solarpunk future, call me an optimist but i think this is very likely we're slowly heading towards that route towards a solar-oriented future. Even the likelihood of solar sails is pretty high in the future. In fact, i would ride a solar sail at high-speeds towards a city full of algal pools and solar panels with unique designs with solar highways for solar sailers to find their way in. It'd be an awesome future to have.
The future is what WE make of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Solar sails require the reduced friction of a void. You'd be better off using your solar sails as wind sails.

Virtual Cafe Awards