[POLL] Ability to let you create your private chat rooms

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1499 times.

Should I let users have this ability

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Since wage cucking is taking all of my time, I noticed that the chat software would allow you to create a private chat room that you can have. You can invite users that you want to talk to and create passwords to those rooms. The 3 main chats will remain, I want to know your opinions on this. Below is an example of what it would look like

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.33.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.33.35 AM.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 162
Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
Divide and conquer. Don't create safe spaces for narcissists.

Deleted member 2362

I feel like this will segment the forum up a lot
The forum is separated from the chat, and you can already create private conversations with the group of users you want. It's not that different from that point of view. That said, I abstain myself from voting because of unforeseeable consequences. The only thing I'll say is that the main chat is very close to be an offshoot of /b/ at this point. But at long as the Chill Chat Cafe remains pure, I can do without private chats.

Deleted member 1930

The forum is separated from the chat, and you can already create private conversations with the group of users you want. It's not that different from that point of view. That said, I abstain myself from voting because of unforeseeable consequences. The only thing I'll say is that the main chat is very close to be an offshoot of /b/ at this point. But at long as the Chill Chat Cafe remains pure, I can do without private chats.
What is b?

Reaction score
Awards
I don't see what's wrong with this, general chat is such a disaster and the chill chat is like an undead, at least this could give us the oportunity to talk about the topics we like with people we like, it's a really good and healthy alternative tbh, and look at this way, if we have an exclusive spanish speaking chat room, you won't have to stand my spanish rambling.

Another alternative would be to improve the private messages system.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I don't see what's wrong with this, general chat is such a disaster and the chill chat is like an undead, at least this could give us the oportunity to talk about the topics we like with people we like, it's a really good and healthy alternative tbh, and look at this way, if we have an exclusive spanish speaking chat room, you won't have to stand my spanish rambling.

Another alternative would be to improve the private messages system.
That's pretty valid. I'm just worried that cliques begin forming before the community grows enough to become cohesive and self-sustaining.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
That's pretty valid. I'm just worried that cliques begin forming before the community grows enough to become cohesive and self-sustaining.
Well, then just wait until we reach 10,000 users and see what we can do about it. :lainDance:

Virtual Cafe Awards

bees

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Since wage cucking is taking all of my time, I noticed that the chat software would allow you to create a private chat room that you can have. You can invite users that you want to talk to and create passwords to those rooms. The 3 main chats will remain, I want to know your opinions on this. Below is an example of what it would look like
We don't have enough people to have private chats without killing the main ones.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Agree with the general sentiment that it seems unnecessary at best, divisive at worst. I think its a bad idea.

If people really want to have language specific chats, mods should make them alongside the existing ones and they should not be password protected. Public, language-specific chats.

Virtual Cafe Awards