Pop Funkos

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
Got a real question, are pop funkos even worth anything?
Cause I thought they were trash now, but this afternoon I sold almost all my collection within the first 20 minutes of listing by a random dude who lives in my neibourhood that I've never met and even had 2 other people interested at the same time, so it's now making me double guess my judgement of the power these nuclear byproducts have on people

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Cause I thought they were trash now, but this afternoon I sold almost all my collection within the first 20 minutes of listing by a random dude who lives in my neibourhood that I've never met and even had 2 other people interested at the same time, so it's now making me double guess my judgement of the power these nuclear byproducts have on people
Funko pops are great for reselling, normies love that thing like an addict love laced crack, if you plan to collect them so you can resell them at a higher prices, yeah they worth the price, but if you want for collection, idk i might be biased, but i preffer a fumo, a nendoroid or one of those generic collectables, i'm not big into that tho, i only have mayan statues at my home. (thinking on buying a bootleg fumo, because the real ones costs a fortune, in the short future)
1674813801420.png

Big Reimu and Smol Reimu! : r/touhou

big | Fumo Fumo Plush Series | Know Your Meme

Virtual Cafe Awards

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
Funko pops are great for reselling, normies love that thing like an addict love laced crack, if you plan to collect them so you can resell them at a higher prices, yeah they worth the price, but if you want for collection, idk i might be biased, but i preffer a fumo, a nendoroid or one of those generic collectables, i'm not big into that tho, i only have mayan statues at my home. (thinking on buying a bootleg fumo, because the real ones costs a fortune, in the short future)
View attachment 51051
Big Reimu and Smol Reimu! : r/touhou

big | Fumo Fumo Plush Series | Know Your Meme
Now I feel slightly jipped for selling 12 for $40..
Though to be honest I mostly just wanted them gone, Alot of their boxes were broken and were taking up way more space than they should have
I collected heaps of them when I was 12 when I was really into a lot of cartoons

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Now I feel slightly jipped for selling 12 for $40..
Though to be honest I mostly just wanted them gone, Alot of their boxes were broken and were taking up way more space than they should have
I collected heaps of them when I was 12 when I was really into a lot of cartoons
You sold broken funkos at 40$ each? Bruh, you are truly a businesswoman lmao.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Iommi Fan 420

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.fbi.gov
According to some dude on Quora there's nearly 14k funko pop thingies as of New Years 2023. This number is pretty believable, and the most recent one I could find on google. They're oversaturated and the producers utilise artificial scarcity heavily. It's just Beanie Babies for zoomers and millennials. Flipping them is one thing but as a long term investment it seems pretty silly. Just like beanie babies once that bubble pops it's popped and they're going to end up in landfill.
Personally I very vehemently dislike them and think they're even sillier than beanie babies (atleast a beanie baby would probably amuse a kid for a little bit) and think money is better spent on literally anything else but clearly I'm in the minority.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
It's just Beanie Babies for zoomers and millennials. Flipping them is one thing but as a long term investment it seems pretty silly. Just like beanie babies once that bubble pops it's popped and they're going to end up in landfill.
Somehow Funko's are still hot shit in the collectables market. No idea how that is, you'd think with all the hate/mockery they've received over the last couple of years people would've started to drop them.
If the nukes dropped today we'd be using those little fuckers as currency rather than bottle caps.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I know someone who is a direct insider at Funko. They say that, considering the entire process used to create, ship, and sell Funkos, they are only valued at about $5 - $10 a piece.

What gives them value are the retard collectors with no personality who make up random numbers to inflate their ego before making a profit off gullible suckers who want to feel special.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I don't understand why these are so popular (same as fumo tbh, but at least that's a plushie) other than cons00mer mentality. At least figmas or amiibo look somewhat decent, but Funkos are mostly compromised of minimalistic BS. I get that people like collecting them pop-culture icons, but why something so plain looking? Vinyl figures look way better.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
don't understand why these are so popular (same as fumo tbh, but at least that's a plushie)
It's a long story, in a nutshell, is basically the touhou community proving itself that we are the most autistic community online by gaslighting ourselves into creating a semi-ironic cult in base of fumos, ueither as a joke or because of an aesthetic, be grateful to yumemey that fumos are now a cult, and i embrace it, i want a junko/Mokou fumo.

1674887773868.png

1674887782400.png

1674887810412.png

1674887852843.png

Let's all love mokou.
1674887938498.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Meh, whatever is cool to possess is worth money. Even if it's ugly chunks of plastic.
I've never understood the appeal personally, but to some people, they must look really cool

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
According to some dude on Quora there's nearly 14k funko pop thingies as of New Years 2023. This number is pretty believable, and the most recent one I could find on google. They're oversaturated and the producers utilise artificial scarcity heavily. It's just Beanie Babies for zoomers and millennials. Flipping them is one thing but as a long term investment it seems pretty silly. Just like beanie babies once that bubble pops it's popped and they're going to end up in landfill.
Personally I very vehemently dislike them and think they're even sillier than beanie babies (atleast a beanie baby would probably amuse a kid for a little bit) and think money is better spent on literally anything else but clearly I'm in the minority.
At least beanie babies are cute. I still have a few. Funko pops just look either demented or if the character they've made doesn't have some standout feature, interchangeable.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Never actually got the point of funkos. Always considered them to be a poor value for the money. You are supposed to buy them and then........? Imagine if these funko-buyers actually bought stock instead. LoL.

I can understand buying a funko of a beloved character, but don't be fooled into thinking that they will appreciate in value, or even retain their current value. If you like it, buy it because you like it. Any expectation of gain should be irrelevant at that point.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
I recently traveled to my country's capital to visit my family and those Funkos are flooding every shop. I even found one shop that was just Funkos, it was a pile up to the ceiling in every wall, and another big pile near the window. They're so expensive and so ugly, it's a mystery how people can buy them, let alone like them. But it's the same as hot sauce collections. I'll never understand them
I even saw tons of bootleg Funko Pops when I visited our local Chinatown

Thankfully I own based anime figures which are actual art
lit2.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
look into her eyes
71SkfLjQ8zL._AC_SL1467_.jpg

she is suffering

Virtual Cafe Awards