Possible Utopia or the Perfect Dystopia? Ideas about the near and distant future.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2040
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4079 times.

Truth be told, the current environmental disaster cannot be curbed without some sort of dystopian regime that would force change. Right now as it stands, the reason why anyone is getting away with destroying the planet is simply because everyone is too distracted with problems that don't matter. Humans are cooperative and egalitarian until the charismatic assholes come and pit everyone against each other while they take advantage of the situation and take everything they can; we could adopt a technocracy to take care of the details but then nobody would want to follow the rules for their sake and they will feel oppressed regardless of how better things get for everyone. There is no way to make everyone happy or fix the issue without breaking the rules and disregarding borders to do what is right, but that's a crime too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Comet Joe

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I can only imagine things getting worse. loss of morals and humanity, everything is censored, pollution getting to an unsafe level, constant probability of death. normal dystopian type shit
Yeah but instead of everything looking cool, its gonna be filled with McDonald's tie in Lion King advertisements, Marvel Movies, and pastel Alegria graphics.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah but instead of everything looking cool, its gonna be filled with McDonald's tie in Lion King advertisements, Marvel Movies, and pastel Alegria graphics.

View attachment 2649
Millenial graphic design will not be around for long considering Gen Z does not like the appeal of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

Zalseon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
This might out me as edgy, but i think demographical conflicts are going to get worse because media and politicians discovered how much profit there is in getting a small minority of a group to be as sociopathic and totalitarian as possible. I see a world where the warnings of MGS2 are ingrained into everything. Racial divides are worse because skin color is everything and you have an obligation to hate. Humanity becomes a state of being you must earn by conducting enough "correct behavior", and abuses against you are judged based on a label algorithm that is used to determine whether justice impedes the agenda or not. And i see this being made possible by the deployment of a Chinese style social credit system by EVERYONE.

I'm worried that sociopaths and psychopaths will remain unopposed by a society that increasingly praises such behaviors for so long that you cease to be a person. You considered by everyone to be a slice of meat which exists for their purposes alone and that the one true god is power and dominance. People get killed, abused, hurt, traumatized for sport regularly and society judges if you are permitted to have justice based on the social status of your assailant.

Deleted member 2040

View attachment 2649
(b)Advertisers are going begin paying people to get facial tattoos of their brands, and will set about manufacturing androids which masquerade as friends, lovers, mentors or whatever whose sole purpose is to swindle you into making it a habit to buy their crap, and the worst of all, if anything connecting to your thoughts is to exist, there will be (b)ads in your dreams, (b)ads when you are least expecting it, and they'll be monitoring your every thoughts in order to ensure you will never stop thinking about their product and than your pockets are empty because of it.

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
(b)Advertisers are going begin paying people to get facial tattoos of their brands, and will set about manufacturing androids which masquerade as friends, lovers, mentors or whatever whose sole purpose is to swindle you into making it a habit to buy their crap, and the worst of all, if anything connecting to your thoughts is to exist, there will be (b)ads in your dreams, (b)ads when you are least expecting it, and they'll be monitoring your every thoughts in order to ensure you will never stop thinking about their product and than your pockets are empty because of it.
Not that I'm an expert in any of these fields, but the biggest problems with neural implants are convincing people to get them, cost (pretty damn high since it amounts to brain surgery), and possible legal implications of what you describe. As it stands, I can't imagine they'd get any traction within the next 50 years if for nothing else but the price of getting one.

It's also kinda funny to think of them as Google Glass but infinitely worse because it's hooked up to your goddamn brain. Imagine getting it bricked and you're fucked because you've got half a pound of useless electronics just sitting in your head.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
some sort of flip from government fiat currencies to uncetralized crypto, the US and EU breaking down into smaller countries,in general just seeing a shift of what countries will be on top

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
If a dystopia where to come about, I could see those who resist splitting themselves in smaller communities as a form of refuge from the hellish nature that many cities will develop into.

Virtual Cafe Awards

aOTs

honestly I don't know. I don't think anyone can say. I could see a form of neo-feudalism under corporations coalescing, I can see climate disaster, I can see status quo remaining.
I feel like we're kind of already getting into neo-feudalism. (Great term btw) Amazon and Walmart move into town and become the only jobs. In China you have whole cities that are dedicated to one industry.

aOTs

Interested to hear any and all ideas of what you might speculate the near and not so near future might entail for us? Feel free to be as detailed or bizarre as possible!

One possibility I believe could be possible is the marriage between nature and technology:
View attachment 2296

Another future could mean the total denial of nature and unchallenged supremacy of technology with all the sociopolitical problems that come from it, and could look like this:
View attachment 2297

What do you think?
The second picture makes me think of Wall-E

spectacle

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
There's no such thing as a utopia.

But the world as a whole is constantly getting better. Despite what the media tries to tell you.

https://www.humanprogress.org/five-graphs-that-will-change-your-mind-about-poverty/

Is it gonna be perfect? Never. But I'm optimistic things can continue to improve.
That link is very interesting. I think something that needs to be considered though is that without making some pretty drastic changes to the modes of production, that increasing wealth (which I agree is often overlooked by people, myself included) has greatly accelerated the damage being done to the climate. So, poverty is decreasing but in a carbonous way. Even if you want to be the type who believes climate change isn't anthropogenic, it IS happening. And with it a reduction of habitable land leading to massive migration. This has to be addressed in some way, and slowing or certainly reversing the climate change is simply not a reasonable objective, in my view at least. The way we live needs to be changed and land reform becomes crucial.

Virtual Cafe Awards