revolution.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Old independentist and communist forum from Cantabria, a region of my country, it was abandoned around 2009.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lis

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
According to CYBERIA (Douglas Rushkoff, 1994), The WELL (Whole Earth 'Lectronic Link) used to be one of the most popular BBSs. It now exists as a mostly private bespoke web forum with trace amounts of activity. Fun fact: the Electronic Frontier Foundation used to just be a 'conference' (forum category) on here.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Old Twisted Metal fan forum, gets a few posts every month or so: http://temp.tmalliance.com
I swear I once found a similarly styled Resident Evil 1-3 fan forum/site with a lot of neat/rare concept art but can't seem to find it anymore.

Virtual Cafe Awards

georgemoody

to Mac or not to Mac, that is the question
Reaction score
Awards
Website
georgemoody.envs.net
a while back I stumbled upon this collection of IT bloggers from iran on GitHub, of all places, the .opml file listing the 1468 entries hasn't been updated in at least 5 years so quite a lot of these pages are either abandoned or completely off the web and possibly accessible via the wayback machine. love going through it sometimes and looking at the ones that pique my interest.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
For anyone familiar with GoAnimate (now rebranded as Vyond), you might have heard of an offshoot called "DomoAnimate." To make a long story short, it was basically a version of GoAnimate that was completely free with no restrictions on how long your animations could be, with the only caveat being that the preset styles were more limited than GoAnimate. DomoAnimate was also unique in the way that it was centered around NHK's at-the-time-beloved mascot, Domo-Kun.
domo-cheer.png

The site was eventually shut down in 2014 while GoAnimate was making a bunch of internal changes, and the shutdown was partially in thanks to the fact that DA's admin had been completely silent during the site's last 2 years in existence. I say this to give a brief history to the Domo Animators forum, which served as a refuge for the website's users who didn't want to fork over the cash for a GoAnimate subscription. It was relatively active in the years following DomoAnimate's shutdown, but of course the activity has died almost completely. The shoutbox is still active, but it seems to only get a few posts each couple of months.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Post above reminds me of Acapella.tv
You wrote text into pre-selected "speaker", selected language ("dialect") and it would read the text out in funny voices.
It was fun in cca 2008-2012? Idk when they changed. It was free and fun. All sorts of goofy voices and animations to that. Fish, flower, ninja, snowboarding iirc, old blob tv/news...

Virtual Cafe Awards