Post your rituals

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
When I was a kid my dad took me to this pizza place called Banchero all the time in an area called Avenida Corrientes in Buenos Aires. Since he collects old books, he used to take me around the dozens of bookstores in that street, and then we'd eat some pizza at the counter (if you eat at a table the pizza is actually worse, though I have no clue why)
Ever since I moved away from there, I've returned at least once a year to visit my family, and I made a sort of pilgrimage to that pizza place. I've tried others but they all fall short in some aspect, so I can only conclude that it's the best :p

pizza2.jpg

As you can see, this pizza has a very tall, fluffy dough, a bit of sauce and a lot of cheese, all the way to the edges. It's served on top of a chickpea flour cake called fainá (or farinata). This style of pizza is very unorthodox from an italian perspective, and also from an american perspective. I guess the closest type of pizza to this is Detroit-style, but it's missing the farinata, which italians eat as a snack (never with pizza from what I've read)
pizza1.jpg

Do you have any places you revisit regularly, or any other ritual-like activities that are like landmarks in your life?

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Whenever I feel suicidal I usually rewatch something I like. Usually Serial Experiments Lain or End of Evangelion, but last time it was Cowboy Bebop (basic taste, I know). That way if I do it, I at least got to experience my favourite pieces of media one final time. The same with when I have to do something that makes me anxious, but that's more to uplift me. There was a time where I constantly had to go somewhere that made me anxious so I would watch End of Evangelion every time before going and listen to my favourite music beforehand.
Also there's this kebab shop that I can only go to in the city centre so whenever I go into the city centre for any reason I make sure to eat there. It's expensive as fuck but god damn they make god-tier kebabs. That's probably more like what you meant.

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
basically every time i listen 2 a new album i turn off evrry computer monitor, close everything except foobar2000, put my phone away, and just listen to it the whole way thru with 0 distractionzz

highly recommend

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I immerse in the "Nekoversez (my headcanon fantasy world) when I lay on my bed meditating, pretty much everyday.
Do you mind telling more about Nekoversez? I am a maladaptive daydreamer, so I enjoy hearing about other people's daydreams and fantasy worlds.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Do you mind telling more about Nekoversez? I am a maladaptive daydreamer, so I enjoy hearing about other people's daydreams and fantasy worlds.
nope UwU, sorry but that's privacy.

Edit: I might write down my worldbuilding one day and share it here. It's "Nekoverse" not "Nekoversez" anyway, sorry for the typo.

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
nope UwU, sorry but that's privacy.

Edit: I might write down my worldbuilding one day and share it here. It's "Nekoverse" not "Nekoversez" anyway, sorry for the typo.
Nah, it's fine, I wouldn't share most of my daydreams anyway.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes i feel an unexplained ecstacy of happiness(usually at a very sunny days) and i do random wannabe aikido style moves and the energy flow through all my body and the room is full of positive energy.
Influencer Entrepreneur GIF by JetSet (Josh King Madrid)

Virtual Cafe Awards

myrriad

gas stove cook
Reaction score
Awards
Website
freckleskies.net
every winter when i fly back home for the holidays, during deep winter nights under the christmas lights above the desk in my bedroom i replay portal (not necessarily the whole series, sometimes both games, sometimes just 2, sometimes the fangames like stories mel or aperture tag, sometimes co-op with my gf, anything portal related). this specific environment gives me a very specific feeling i can't recreate with anything else. i love portal :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Njordr

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My life has very little that I value in terms of structure or repeditivity. I have had rituals before though nothing that I can hold value to or cherish.
Once I would go to the library and print out the latest chapter of a web novel in the smallest font I could to save them paper. I would take that to the gym and read it before my workout for the day. The author stopped writing the novel.

Once I would wake up and get some coffee then hang out with some friends before work but we all moved to different parts of the country. I can vividly remember all the mornings we would talk about anything and everything while driving the ship together... I think I think the conversation I miss the most was Thanksgiving and as that holiday is coming up I have been thinking of it often. he and I just put our heads together to think of things we were thankful for in life at the time. It was mostly just inane shit like "i am thankful that I have a power outlet near my bed" or "I am thankful my bed curtain covers the full length of my bed", "I'm thankful for coffee and a steady course" etc etc, But those days are gone and as little as we had to be thankful for I think the only thing I can be thankful for this holiday season is that I had those conversations with them.

At one point every afternoon if I was not too tired I would go speeding in my car, I would usually stop a McDonald's and get a couple of cookies and fries of course that's not something you can do in the Continental United States, but Guam absolutely usually I would pick someone up throughout the night and without knowing who they were we would race together through the night our cars weren't fast or expensive but you would have to focus on just that when you rode. I would never see them just their cars and I wouldn't ever see the same person twice.