Post your short stories here.

Jaded Dreams

unfvck the world.
Reaction score
Awards
Feel free to post your favorite short stories (or ones you've made). I'll start with my personal favorite that I've written
a3373977690_10.jpg

Ever since I was a small boy, I had always dreamed of landing on the moon one day just like Armstrong did all those years ago. I spent all my life doing anything I can to make that dream come true. And after years and years of hard work, I sat there in my capsule, ready to be the first man to colonize the Moon. On that fateful day, I was very eager to be part of another great leap forward for humanity and so was ground control. The countdown starts: 4.. 3.. 2 ..1.. "Houston, we have lift off," I reported to ground control. Dawn turned to dusk, days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months. During the venture I tried to adjust my ship to the right direction, but after all that coordination, communication, and verification to ensure success I missed my target. "Uhh.. This is Komarov to ground control, we have a problem," I reported nervously. "What is your problem," replied ground control. I looked at my partner, then to the capsule window. After some brief silence I replied, "We seem to have missed our target." Immediately ground control responded "this is ground control speaking, we need you to abort your mission as soon as possible." Ground control's response was delayed, but when it was received we had prematurely used all the fuel in the wrong direction. And after who knows how long, here I am in my capsule all alone drifting through the universe, wherever I am or wherever I'll go is unknown from my knowledge. I've just about passed Sedna. It's like a celestial groundhogs day. it feels as if I have been gone for days, years, or maybe even centuries. Does ground control remember me? Do I remember myself? What is my name? Have I become the stranger my parents warned me about? If I come back home will anyone recognize me? Could I be more isolated back home than where I am now? Where even am I, The sun has been seemingly blocked from something of a mysterious shape in my view. Where am I? Who am I? do I even exist anymore? Maybe I've died a long time ago but was completely unaware. Could this be the afterlife? So many stars, planets, galaxies, nebulas, and many unknown things are out there, yet it seems surreal. maybe a god could be on one of those planets or maybe the stars have been the true gods all along. It might as well be the afterlife for I have already drained my supplies. this appears to be the end of the line or rather the end of the galaxy for me. Am I approaching the edge of the universe? I've been floating for so long that I might've stumbled into a new solar system. if only I could report back to ground control. I can see my life before my eyes, everything I've loved and I despised, all shown before my eyes. for the ones I can't repay, I would say goodbye if I had just one more day, and to those who I've betrayed I'm sorry for the pain but I'm a million miles away. There's a door at the end of the universe. It's very tempting to find out what lies on the other end but my lungs may sink flat. Will people remember when I die will I be a name to be feared in history or just another casualty in the game of life? I really don't have a choice do I? Well, whoever finds this, or if anyone finds this, I hope I at-least made a worthy scientific contribution. For I will never know if my sacrifice was in vain or not.

Audiobook version:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yAAogDYCdS7FBMjVR_fQ10QN5G5lh6N1/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jaded Dreams

unfvck the world.
Reaction score
Awards
Fuck it, have another.

1622593902913.png

10/8/1916
I was promised to be home by Christmas. But here I am lying blind, in the trenches of Verdun. Wave after wave we come and come for the slim hope of victory but to no avail. May the gods above save my brother's soul. I lay here in the filth and flies of the trenches marching side by side. I've almost used all my rations, and it's been only a month since the war started. The artillery shells fire one after another, bombarding the trenches as the poor bastards on both sides pray for victory. I've seen the horrors after they raid the trenches, my brother's dying one after another, the bullets tear through the thin flesh like scissors cutting paper and the guts spill out like beef stew. Will he be remembered? Will I be remembered? Is this a worthy sacrifice just for a shred of land? Have the gods cursed us all? If god won't save us then who will?
Being in the fields of Verdun is an odd experience. I haven't been this far out before. If I plan on deserting, I have a long way to go. I want to go back to the good old days when I was more optimistic and hopeful of a better, quicker war. I can't help but feel a little dreadful knowing I fell for the propaganda. those lying bastards why must the people be the victim in this stupid pointless war. I just want this to be over. I want this all to be over. war war war what is it even good for. I feel stupider than before. How can this be? I fail to see how this war could benefit anyone in the end. the French might get alsace-lorraine back but that seems to be the only plus side. Why must so many die for a scrap of land? if that one guy would've just kept his gun in its holster, how different would things be? could this all be a setup? likely not. it's funny how these trenches had more thought put into them than any of the tactics used during this modern war. It's been 100 years and yet we are still using the same tactics from the crusades, the crusades that out of the 9 crusades that did happen only 3 were successful. As I'm writing this it seems that an artillery bombardment might be on its way. These Germans fire their artillery about as well as blind men can drive, and those Austrians aren't much better. there's got to be a reason for this insanity. what god did I anger for this to happen? if you are going to try to kill me with artillery at least hit me with it you blind breadsplitter. The next time I am ordered to attack the other side I will be sure to kill whoever is responsible for the artillery fire in particular. I'd rather be dosed in mustard gas than hear another missed artillery shot.

11/10/1916 I've been shot, I called for a medic, but the medic is dead. Those bastards have gassed us! My digestive system is seeping out, with the ribs tearing from the inside. I feel like I'm being split open. The shreds of muscle and tissue turn scaly, my intestines wrap around me into a sweet little bow. My guts flatten into the blood and maggot ridden trenches. I scream for my father, but he is nowhere. I spotted a soldier thinking he could help me. But instead his mouth turns inside out, and 8 sharp legs slide out of his sides. His legs pierce my comrades' side by side. His neck extends to an unholy proportion with a massive hole in his neck and tiny legs down each neck muscle. Two long thin crab legs extend from his mouth and strike my eyes. I struggle and scream to god, as he lifts me up with these demonic crab legs: God help me, please, god help me. He unsheathes his dirty blood ridden cloth mask showing an indescribably malformed mouth. Out of his mouth comes a veiny meat demon. My commander begins barking orders: "Ihr Idioten! Zurückfallen, jetzt zurückfallen!" (You idiots! Fall back, fall back now!). My commander puts this abomination to nature out of its misery. He looks at me and says "Steh privat auf! Wir müssen jetzt gehen!" (Get up private! We have to go now!) He lifts me up on his shoulder and I stumble on to the muddy dirt. "Du bist nutzlos." (You are useless.) He says as he leaves me behind to regroup with his men.

Audiobook Version:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p4ZxkcpIMxemk4DwEY0T7dIJqAENpIp7/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jaded Dreams

unfvck the world.
Reaction score
Awards
a0432183846_10.jpg
Time came up to me today and he told me he was running out of it. "Out of what," I asked. "Well," he replied, "I'm running out of meaning." Meaning, how in god's name could time loose meaning? Does time even need meaning? Why so specific? All these questions race through my mind like a member of the mafia driving from the police after a crime scene. "I just don't understand what importance meaning would have on you," I said. Time looked a little flustered. "You'll never understand, you humans with your emotions, if your kind just started thinking logically there wouldn't be any problems but you let your emotions get in the way," said Time. "What does that have to do with you running out of meaning," I asked. "Meaning keeps me going," Time responded, "without meaning I can't keep running with the waves of the sun." "But Time, if you stop then what happens to me," I questioned. "Oh you humans are so self-centered, never thinking of anyone except yourself!" Time responded in a fit of frustration. I guess he might have a point but that's just survival, right? "You would all be frozen like the statues you built if it wasn't for me." Frozen like a statue, that doesn't sound too bad. I wouldn't mind being frozen like The Orator. I look at his hands and tell Time, "don't you need to get going now it's 11 past 12 on your left hand?" Time looked slightly distressed. "Damn, you're right I guess I lost all track of myself again, well anyways I'm off." As Time chased the sun again I couldn't help but think about what an odd fellow he was.

Audiobook Version:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KomKvJttOkSfzJGWdXDMRZjNmacCHH1e/view?usp=sharing

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jaded Dreams

unfvck the world.
Reaction score
Awards
orme.png

Dear Sarah,

I know what I did was wrong. From how I treated you and the lies I spread about you to me and my friends. I'm so sorry for how I treated you back then, you really didn't deserve it. I know deep down that you never cheated on me and that you didn't leave me for another guy, despite what I've told you and everyone else. I've tried telling them the truth but no one ever listens. They just say that I'm in denial and that my initial assertion was true but I know it's not. I was lying to cope with the fact that you were gone and that it was my fault. I know it was. You never really liked the real me however, as much as I was lovey dovey to you that's just not who I am as a person, that's just who you fell in love with, this super sweet guy who was high off of life to love you for just being you. While deep down I felt nothing, I tried so hard to continue the relationship that I feel like I dragged it out way longer than it should've gone on. Truthfully, after your first suicide attempt on new years day, the tactics you used to get me away from me by saying we had really broken up but was actually all a bluff the entire time, it really hurt me,deeply. For weeks, even months after, I had no idea if we still were a thing until I felt like I was falling in love with you all over again. I didn't know how to feel about it other than heartbroken, I know you did it because I was the closest thing to you and the only reason you had to keep going, and bringing it up to you would only just make you upset, which is the last thing I wanted to do. I loved you so much, more than anything in the world, and I know you did too. But when we started talking again I was afraid, afraid of losing you again and history repeating itself. So, I dropped the act I was putting up and treated you like shit for just being yourself and I'm so sorry for that. I didn't know I was hurting you, in my mind you didn't seem bothered by it. I remember at this time I was talking with another girl, we weren't serious yet or anything but things we're certainly looking to go in that direction. So what did I do? I tried to have both, I tried to have you and her at the same time and ended up losing both. I declined your advances and got with her out of spite. It's crystal clear in the pictures of us that I was not happy in that relationship and was very uncomfortable with it, but I pushed on just to spite you. I fucked her just to spite you. And I didnt feel a damn thing. Why? Because I thought you did the same to me, I thought I was just returning the favor, but I wasn't. And I'm so sorry. And now, a year later, I feel like I've lost everything because of it, and rightfully so. I don't have any friends left except just the one that has stuck by me for the past 9 years of my life. I hope that you can forgive me for everything that I have done to you, every time I wronged you, every time I used you out of fear of losing you, everytime I manipulated you into doing things for me, because I can't forgive myself.

Love, always and forever,

Stacy

Virtual Cafe Awards