Question for fans and artists...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1930
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1878 times.

Deleted member 1930

For fans: does an album costing something dissuade you from getting into an album? like, if you really dig an album, will it costing $1 or $2 prevent you from buying it?

For artists: what is your experience with charging for your music, digitally

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
通常、私はすべてのアルバムを無料でリリースしますが、アルバムの料金を請求する場合は、間違いなくさらに一歩進んでカセットでリリースします。顧客がアルバムの代金を払っても構わないと思っているなら、彼らは良い状態で物理的なコピーに値すると思います。

アルバムに何か費用がかかるとオフになる人については、聞いたことがありません。資本主義に反対していると主張する蒸気波にもかかわらず、ほとんどのファンはリリースにお金を払うことをいとわない

Virtual Cafe Awards
All the money I've made (some tens of dollars!) from selling cassettes has been outstripped by buying physical materials (cassettes, goodies, ink, etc). So, I am a bad businessman. I don't ever charge for the music itself though, I think listening/modifying should be libre. Given that perspective, as a listener I am happy to support an artist when asked but not when forced.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
All the money I've made (some tens of dollars!) from selling cassettes has been outstripped by buying physical materials (cassettes, goodies, ink, etc). So, I am a bad businessman. I don't ever charge for the music itself though, I think listening/modifying should be libre. Given that perspective, as a listener I am happy to support an artist when asked but not when forced.
それは私がほとんどの人が取っているのを見るルートです。カセットをリリースするとき、あなたは通常どのようなボーナスを入れますか?

Virtual Cafe Awards
@vaporwavemaster1 I haven't done any since 2016 but when I did I sent things like plastic army men, magic the gathering cards, photos I took with a janky 110 film camera, etc along with the cassette and custom j-card. So not anything too crazy, just fun little stuff that I like to get when I buy physical releases.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
@vaporwavemaster1 I haven't done any since 2016 but when I did I sent things like plastic army men, magic the gathering cards, photos I took with a janky 110 film camera, etc along with the cassette and custom j-card. So not anything too crazy, just fun little stuff that I like to get when I buy physical releases.
私はこの慣行に同意します。誰かが物理的な解放を喜んで行う場合、彼らはさらに一歩進んで記念品を含めるべきです。

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
@vaporwavemaster1 my next idea, if I ever release anything again, is to build small audio players on perf board each with my music flashed to a soldered rom chip. Probably just a couple LEDs to show status. It would be a fun hack!
それは間違いなくあなたを群衆から引き離すためのリリースになるでしょう。

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards
Nobody ever pays for my music lmao

Virtual Cafe Awards
I buy music regularly but I find it through other means as well

Depending on the length of the release, anywhere from $1 to $6 is ideal

I have a vinyl collection as well, but I have several hundred records and only maybe 2 vapor releases. If I collected minidisc or cassettes I'd probably buy more; sometimes the vinyl premium is a bit too steep for me

Virtual Cafe Awards

Bullshit_Boy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
@vaporwavemaster1 my next idea, if I ever release anything again, is to build small audio players on perf board each with my music flashed to a soldered rom chip. Probably just a couple LEDs to show status. It would be a fun hack!
Way back in the day, when I bought my first MP3 player, it had about 30 seconds of an N'sync song loaded on there, and no ability to load anything else. It was fun. Your idea sounds fun too.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Way back in the day, when I bought my first MP3 player, it had about 30 seconds of an N'sync song loaded on there, and no ability to load anything else. It was fun. Your idea sounds fun too.
My first MP3 player stored 32MB and I remember being completely amazed. It was enough to store a low-bitrate album or so. I was like, so I can put a CD on here and then whenever I want I can put a different CD on here? Without buying CDs!? Loved that thing

Virtual Cafe Awards

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I pay at least a few bucks for all the music I listen to aside from stuff given out with bandcamp codes. There's not a lot of places i would rather my money went. If I really like an album I'll usually buy a cassette or vinyl. So it definitely won't stop me if it's priced but I still prefer the name your price system. People who want to/can afford to can support the artist but the art shouldn't be blocked behind a monetary barrier.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yo are you talking about Hit Clips??

Virtual Cafe Awards