R*ddit Cringe

xdsoftware

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This whole anti-privacy sentiment isn't anything new. It just seems that the movement is picking again with the Restrict Act. Although the arguments are different, the post from 5 years and the RA overlap in that "security" and "child safety" are used to make it sound much more beneficial than it actually is.
View attachment 59668

What makes it really cringe aside from the arguments presented and OP's replies, is that it was posted to r/TOR...
(OP may have been a troll based on some of replies left that weren't deleted by a >R*dditcostanzayeahrightsmirk mod. And the original petition writier is a Normalfag that had no idea what they were writing, Tor is useless if a small minority in law enforcement/goverment are the only ones that are using it.)
The problem with OP's argument is that Tor has been used for legitimate purposes such as communicating with dissidents in authoritarian countries. Also, the US government actually has an interest far as I remember in keeping Tor alive. The argument overrelies on the negative elements of Tor rather than the positive usages of such and is therefore biased.

The other problem with this argument is that it's contradictory. He says that there should be a government permit required for those who use Tor, yet then he goes ahead and says that "we should report users and operators of Tor to federal authorities."

And all of this assuming the guy does not himself has a problem with Tor that he is keeping in private.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
>tfw plebbitors are willing to admit to war crimes for karma
"War criminal here!"
This whole anti-privacy sentiment isn't anything new.
>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk is full of authoritarian sentiments, even if the commenters don't realise themselves. I remember a thread about how people who smoke should be locked away or smth. The website breeds conformism, and it's structure probably plays a part. Whatever is upvoted first becomes the accepted opinion, non other tolerated. I would go as far as saying that it is downright fascist.

They joke about the ">redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk Hive Mind", but it is totally real. And I am so happy to no longer be a part of it. From 2015 to about 2018 I thought >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk thoughts, said >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk things and had >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk convictions. It is said, that while bots are seeming more and more human, humans appear to be more and more like bots. I can say for myself that in a way, I was a bot. Of course, below the surface I was still me, but looking back, the whole thing just seems surreal.

And for anyone who still goes there not just to find stuff to post on here, remember that in the time "before >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk went to shit", it was still a terrible website.

I was thinking i had the mental capacity to not post this but i just can't. I suffered throught this fake af post that genuinely reads more real than the "then everyone clapped posts" but barely anyone pointed out how fake this story is and despite being fake af, he wrote himself as a absolue monster. >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk loved him thought, literally 95% upvoted. The context is he is a adult athletic tall man that bully his new neighbour, a 14 autistic boy, the boy has a definitely lesbian TALL, AMAZONIAN, HOT sister(yes, she falls for him, how could you tell?). The guy that wrote the story literally bullies and belittles the kid at every turn he could to the point where they make out with his sister in their home, in front of him and his friend because that makes him jealous. The guy that posted the story allegendy wrote anti-bullying poems but we learn that in a comment of his post that he deleted. I don't even know what is more cringe, how horrible his mary sue character is, how he wrote himself like a monster in a fake story, how everyone was supportive of his horrible actions or literally noone realised how fake the story is. It has a sequel btw, redditors loved it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 59764
Make no mistake, I personally censored her face in this screenshot because it just seemed wrong not to. Plebs evidently see nothing wrong with posting their intoxicated mothers, uncensored and unconscious, for some karma.
Internet points were a genius way to shape human behavior.

I think it's a most regrettable turn of events that the powers that be decided that >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk should be THE forum for the internet. Just see how with every Google search you have "subject r‎e‎d‎d‎i‎t‎" recommended.

The place is NOT a forum. It is a content aggregation site. It is literally being used for a purpose that the medium is not supporting.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Internet points were a genius way to shape human behavior.

I think it's a most regrettable turn of events that the powers that be decided that >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk should be THE forum for the internet. Just see how with every Google search you have "subject r‎e‎d‎d‎i‎t‎" recommended.

The place is NOT a forum. It is a content aggregation site. It is literally being used for a purpose that the medium is not supporting.
Sad part is search engines are soo fucking bad more often than not search results are spam soo you are kind of forced to use reddit. There are thinkpad tech support forums with great activity and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk still comes up before them when you search for it. I believe >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk is funding most of those Ai made sites that ruin search engines and pay google a significant amount to skew the results against real forums.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xdsoftware

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 59764
Make no mistake, I personally censored her face in this screenshot because it just seemed wrong not to. Plebs evidently see nothing wrong with posting their intoxicated mothers, uncensored and unconscious, for some karma.
I have a lot of questions personally about this image.
1. Did the mother consent to being drugged?
2. If she consented to being drugged, did she in addition consent to having her face posted on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk?
3. If neither happened, why did this guy think this was even a good idea?

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
Sad part is search engines are soo fucking bad more often than not search results are spam soo you are kind of forced to use reddit. There are thinkpad tech support forums with great activity and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk still comes up before them when you search for it. I believe >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk is funding most of those Ai made sites that ruin search engines and pay google a significant amount to skew the results against real forums.
That doesn't sound too outlandish. Of course, it is Big Tech's/Elite agenda too that there must be only one forum and only one wiki etc. Easier to capture and control.
Imagine all the hoops they would need to jump across if there were thousands of separate forums, with separate staffs, hosting, userbases etc..

I think search engines, for finding websites are becoming worse and worse. I guess the future alter-web will be about web-rings and link directories.
It's a pity that the webrevival is dead on arrival because 1) Twitter people will hijack it 2) normies have zero use for it and they just eat up whatever corposchop they are given.

Of course good luck greating a forum and getting users, lurkers and not ending up as a ghost town instantly because all the people went to the Discord of said forum.
Is the medium dead and obsolete? Sorry for the ramble, it's just a thing I wonder about.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

That doesn't sound too outlandish. Of course, it is Big Tech's/Elite agenda too that there must be only one forum and only one wiki etc. Easier to capture and control.
Imagine all the hoops they would need to jump across if there were thousands of separate forums, with separate staffs, hosting, userbases etc..

I think search engines, for finding websites are becoming worse and worse. I guess the future alter-web will be about web-rings and link directories.
It's a pity that the webrevival is dead on arrival because 1) Twitter people will hijack it 2) normies have zero use for it and they just eat up whatever corposchop they are given.

Of course good luck greating a forum and getting users, lurkers and not ending up as a ghost town instantly because all the people went to the Discord of said forum.
Is the medium dead and obsolete? Sorry for the ramble, it's just a thing I wonder about.
I believe that the reason so many users would use Discord instead of forums would be because of convenience. Convenience of their fellow Normies already using the platform and the general ease-of-use interface. Someone should start a Discord Cringe Thread to discuss the sometimes vile culture that exists on there (The CP trading operations and very weird specific moderation from Discord staff).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I believe that the reason so many users would use Discord instead of forums would be because of convenience. Convenience of their fellow Normies already using the platform and the general ease-of-use interface. Someone should start a Discord Cringe Thread to discuss the sometimes vile culture that exists on there (The CP trading operations and very weird specific moderation from Discord staff).
I've been hearing a conspiracy theory recently that Discord staff purposely encouraged servers with a more politically incorrect culture to integrate their new ChatGPT ripoff early so that they could use it as a way to test the bot

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

I've been hearing a conspiracy theory recently that Discord staff purposely encouraged servers with a more politically incorrect culture to integrate their new ChatGPT ripoff early so that they could use it as a way to test the bot
I honestly would not be too surprised if that were the case but it seems more like pure speculation without evidence (as far as I know). There was also backlash from some people in the Discord community when Discord announced the AI chatbot.

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
"Maybe we have sexual fantasies about our relatives and steal our mothers/sisters' underwear and sniff them but at least we're not queerphobic."
>we will not tolerate intolerance
LMAO

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
It's real:
He's currently serving a life sentence at Johnson State Prison in Wrightsville, GA. I'm thinking the furry stickers, textbooks, Minecraft, and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk access are thanks to his family.

Edit: Found his account
IMG_20210614_130129719.jpg

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
It's real:
He's currently serving a life sentence at Johnson State Prison in Wrightsville, GA. I'm thinking the furry stickers, textbooks, Minecraft, and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk access are thanks to his family.

Edit: Found his account
View attachment 60667
That's pretty disturbing. One of the cases where autism and sociopathy can seem to have a bit of a small link. For clarification, I'm not saying all autistic people are sociopaths just some autistic people have vastly lower empathy than other autistic people and it can be pseudo-sociopathic.

Virtual Cafe Awards