Rant on PSN. Banned from Playstation, now I cant play digital games that I paid for!

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
So basically what happened is that since I'm going to college right now, I live with my siblings. My little brother is 7 years old and he bought $200 worth of Veebucks on Fortnite. I was mad as hell so I canceled the transaction on PayPal and I deleted Fortnite from my PS4. A few days later PSN permanently banned me, not only can I not play online (which is understandable) but I can't play offline aswell! Wtf? I paid around $60-$40 for several digital games and the only way to ever play them again is to make a new account and buy them again. What a load of bull! :ConfusedKaguya::PikaFacepalm:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

Even if you don't get banned, you'll lose your games eventually when companies decide to shut down the servers. Sadly not even buying discs nowadays will prevent you from having oversized paperweights in the future as they require several GBs of download to be playable. Archival efforts for the future look like a nightmare. Stick to retro vidya.

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
So basically what happened is that since I'm going to college right now, I live with my siblings. My little brother is 7 years old and he bought $200 worth of Veebucks on Fortnite. I was mad as hell so I canceled the transaction on PayPal and I deleted Fortnite from my PS4. A few days later PSN permanently banned me, not only can I not play online (which is understandable) but I can't play offline aswell! Wtf? I paid around $60-$40 for several digital games and the only way to ever play them again is to make a new account and buy them again. What a load of bull! :ConfusedKaguya::PikaFacepalm:
This makes me anxious about my Steam account. I have plenty of games there which I never play (hue hue) but I love the feeling of owning a huge digital library of games. I don't wanna see the day when Steam decides to cut the cord.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
This makes me anxious about my Steam account. I have plenty of games there which I never play (hue hue) but I love the feeling of owning a huge digital library of games. I don't wanna see the day when Steam decides to cut the cord.
>Get a very large drive, preferably internal
>Download every game you can, starting from most favorite to least favorite
>Launch them once, make sure they're up to date
>Activate offline mode

As long as you don't delete the credentials and the game itself doesn't need to be connected to a server, you don't need connection to the Steam servers to play games from Steam.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Damn you pc players!!!! The console uprising is soon!

maxresdefault.jpg

That's right, cool chinese retrohandheld console uprising coming soon! We steal all your nes gba roms and bios. The world will no laugh of us anymore.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
maxresdefault.jpg

That's right, cool chinese retrohandheld console uprising coming soon! We steal all your nes gba roms and bios. The world will no laugh of us anymore.
[̲̅G] [̲̅A] [̲̅M] [̲̅E] [̲̅P] [̲̅L] [̲̅A] [̲̅Y] [̲̅E] [̲̅R]

Virtual Cafe Awards

cybercola

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
at the very least if steam were ever to close it'd be an absolutely massive event, pretty much every pc gamer has dozens if not hundreds of games tied to the platform that it's hard to imagine a world without it. I'd almost be interested to see the fallout from a huge swathe of people suddenly losing all of their game licenses, and the surge in piracy as people try and get it back.

there's obviously been many console examples where the digital storefront goes down, but A) consoles lol and B) most of the time those that go down have newer versions that still have those games, and most people had already moved on. When WiiWare finally bit the dust 11 years on, it was mostly "oh that's a shame" and not "oh fuck now I can't play mario!!"

Virtual Cafe Awards
at the very least if steam were ever to close it'd be an absolutely massive event, pretty much every pc gamer has dozens if not hundreds of games tied to the platform that it's hard to imagine a world without it. I'd almost be interested to see the fallout from a huge swathe of people suddenly losing all of their game licenses, and the surge in piracy as people try and get it back.

there's obviously been many console examples where the digital storefront goes down, but A) consoles lol and B) most of the time those that go down have newer versions that still have those games, and most people had already moved on. When WiiWare finally bit the dust 11 years on, it was mostly "oh that's a shame" and not "oh fuck now I can't play mario!!"
I can't imagine what would happen if Steam went down.

Who here remembers the 90s when buying a PC game was a huge thing and it came in a massive box with a whole bunch of goodies?

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Meanwhile, you must pay 20/yr for nes/snes games on Nintendo switch online.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I can't imagine what would happen if Steam went down.

Who here remembers the 90s when buying a PC game was a huge thing and it came in a massive box with a whole bunch of goodies?
As a '99 born dude. I miss buying physical PC games. I always read through the manuals dozens of timed and awed at the disc if it had a cool cover on it before popping it in the good ol' disc reader. But the best part was when cornflake companies always put some demos or music cds in the box. Even McDonalds had a short phase where Happy Meals not only contained a toy, but a game disc related to the toy like Power Rangers or Go Go Gadget when Jetix was a huge channel back then.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
maxresdefault.jpg

This looks like a bootleg PS Vita. How is it? How does it compare to an actual vita?

I hacked my switch so I can play Switch games, and retro games up to and including PS1. Haven't tested beyond PS1(except DS which works for all except multiplayer stuff... someday I'll play Mario Kart DS multiplayer on the Switch, and PSP which varies in how broken it is. Patapon/Loco Roco works fine but FFT War of the Lions doesn't), and I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 on it. Comfy as hell. I'm banned from EShop and Nintendo Online... too bad they offer nothing of value! :^) LAN gaming still works fine too, so I can play dumb fun LAN games with friends
I'm surprised PS5 revokes ability to play the digitally downloaded games on your PS5. Like I mentioned above about my Switch Hacking my access isn't revoked. Out of curiosity why'd you get a PS5?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
This looks like a bootleg PS Vita. How is it? How does it compare to an actual vita?
It's a pretty nice console tbh, a retro handheld not a psp vita. I've got one myself. It's a pretty cheap thing so you shouldn't expect way too much from it but it's able to deliver a lot for such a small price. As such it comes with 2gb storage but you can buy an 8gb sd card if you want more storage. It can read txt files, display images, play video files (like mp4 by example), it has a music player and it can play most retro console roms: nes, snes, sega genesis, sega megadrive, gb, gbc, gba, mame and if it's one of the better models it can play some light PS1 games at an acceptable framerate. It has a cool av cable port you can use to plug your console to the tv and watch your games and movies on the screen (it's a nice smooth comfy image quality being av video unlike vga or hdmi, no clear pixels like in the old times before emulation).

4v2fw2-min.jpg
865pwl-min.jpg

It isn't a PSP, it was never meant to be that. It's just a nice cheap comfy portable device, just that.

Virtual Cafe Awards
As a '99 born dude. I miss buying physical PC games. I always read through the manuals dozens of timed and awed at the disc if it had a cool cover on it before popping it in the good ol' disc reader. But the best part was when cornflake companies always put some demos or music cds in the box. Even McDonalds had a short phase where Happy Meals not only contained a toy, but a game disc related to the toy like Power Rangers or Go Go Gadget when Jetix was a huge channel back then.
Kids these days will never know the joys and frustrations of playing every last bit of a demo.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I feel you man, I've got a similar story. I had my nintendo account hacked, and through it someone spent a few hundred dollars via paypal to buy V-Bucks. Apparently its a common thing for hackers as they can resell them on online markets.

So I requested a refund through Paypal and as soon as I got my money back, bam, my nintendo account is banned and I have no access to anything I've bought through the e-shop. Of course, I sent an email to Nintendo explaining the issue and requesting that they reinstate my account, but the only thing I got from them was a hissy fit about how I should strictly go only through them to address any issue and that the ban was permanent.

In the modern internet we truly own nothing, as it can be taken away for any reason.

:angrycat::mikutrasntrum::angrycat::mikutrasntrum::angrycat::mikutrasntrum:

Edit: Oh shit sorry for the necropost

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards