RELIVE WINDOWS 98 NOW

nikkelotz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hello everyone :D Hope your day is going well

A few months back, I was toying around in math class on a test looking for a drawing tool to do my math on (the teacher ran out of paper.) After clicking around the about page, I found 98.js.org and clicked on it. Then and there, a Windows 98 desktop popped up in front of me. I quickly X'd out of the tab, but today had me wondering as to what that website was.

Finally, I found it. https://98.js.org is very much so Windows 98, even with the poor loading speeds of an Internet Explorer.

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I was wondering why the start button didn't do anything, then I realized it was just a browser error and it worked fine on Chrome. I've had this computer for so long everything's really out of date. It may be time to retire it soon.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Couple years back some dude made a cool mod of the Raspbian OS, for Raspberry Pi 4s. He modified the appearance to look as close to Windows 98 as he could, and it had a Windows 98 VM preinstalled that you could fire up for an even more authentic experience. I had a lot of fun playing around with it.

That version isn't available anymore, but now the guy makes the Twister OS for Raspberry Pi 4s.
I haven't tested it out myself yet, but from what I understand you can choose to have it appear like you're running Windows 98.

Virtual Cafe Awards