Reoccurring Themes in Mythology, Religion, Folklore & Archaeology Worldwide & What This Can Tell Us About The Past

What I'm about to propose in this Esoteric article is going to be an especially spicy hot take, which isn't rare for this forum. But basically I'm a believer world religion and mythology are strong reflections of the world of the past, though not through literal lens, but give a good picture of what people may have saw and experienced back then. Though many parts of these old tales have questionable validity, what is interesting is how much certain beings or world events show up in cultures worldwide which have historically been distant for thousands of years. For these themes to show up so often is no coincidence and I'd dare argue there is validity to certain creatures and occurrences actually happening. Today in this article I'll give three examples of exactly that and I'd love to hear more that you readers may know about.

The Great Deluge/Flood Myth

newton-whiston-comet-noah-flood-1.jpg

I have no doubt of the Great Deluge happening at some point in world history. The event is recorded in Christianity (Genesis), Judaism, Islam (Nuh), Zoroastrianism, and Hinduism (manvantara-sandhya), and recorded in the mythologies of the Chinese (Gun-Yu), Greek (Deucalion and Pyrrha), Irish (Cessair, though this one is debated due to mentioning having Christian meddling involved). Moreover, it's also mentioned in the lore of Native Americans, Polynesians, Aboriginal, Africans, and Mayan peoples. If a big massive flood that encapsulated the world didn't happen early in human history then why do so many ancient cultures recorded it happening and why do modern historians deny it or not acknowledge it happening? Simple, they can't as there is forces at play that deny it and reject any evidence towards it, reason why is unknown but this could be potentially due to the fact this event could explain the sinking of cities such as Atlantis and other Old World monuments that our Elites rather the general populace not know the location of. What hides under the waves where these previously inhabited civilizations now lie then? Ancient knowledge, technology, unknown intelligent creatures? We may never know.
146a5907664d0de9abf01db3ed8317d7.jpg

Dragons/Serpents
Destruction_of_Leviathan.png

Giant reptiles are a regular entity that shows up in cultures all over the globe. To the vicious and demonic reptiles of Europe and Arabia to the kind and gentle ones of China, these creatures vary in nature and are highly prevalent throughout. They are a neutral entity and their behavior differs on where you go, yet what happened to them and where they originate is quite debated. Some say they were created by humans from our instinctive fear of snakes while others argue that they were believed to be the reactions of our ancestors coming across dinosaur fossils, believing they were deceased giant lizards. But I propose another theory: were dragons/serpents actually endangered megafauna? Everyone knows our early human history collided with the fall of the Megafauna and could a lot of stories about dragons and serpents be about our ancestors encounters with them? And do we have proof of reptile megafauna actually existing during early human history? We do. Meet Megalania
maxresdefault.jpg

This massive reptile, which is a relative of the modern day monitor lizard family, spanned across the Australian continent until around 50,000 years ago. Their extinction is attributed to the aboriginals killing them off through hunting and the forest fires they would set off to make hunting even easier. We know from this giant lizards existed on Earth at some point in human history so what's not to say others did not exist elsewhere? Early humans could have overexaggerate the size and ferocity of these late megafauna, there's no denying that, but for them to show up so much in folklore all over the Earth, its safe to say they at some point existed, and what about serpents? Considering we barely know what even exists in our oceans who is to say there isn't large scale aquatic serpent-esc creatures down there?
81z4N-VcHdL.jpg

Giants
ARTICLE_180819794_EP_-1_GXMVAIEEPMBP_t1170.jpg

Giants were/are a subspecies of humanity that I'm certain were more prevalent during our early history. Very tall humans such as Robert Wadlow have existed in very recent times so I don't know why we deny such a people existing. Much like the Neanderthal they were overpowered by the homo sapien and as of today most probably no longer exist, but we can't deny they might have procreated with homo sapiens which could explain the very large and tall people we see in modern times.

800px-Robert_Wadlow_postcard.jpg

Robert Wadlow (1918-1940)

Another contributing factor to giants dying off is health factors: giantism is usually attributed to health problems, hence many struggle to live long lives with such a body mass, so its not ridiculous to think many died off due to these undesirable traits also.

As for giants in world religion and mythology, they can be found in the Abrahamic faiths, Hinduism, Jainism, and can be found in the myths of the Norse, Armenians, Romans, Native Americans, Greek, Bulgarians, Batics, and Basque peoples. Like dragons, their behaviors differs depending on where you go, being kind leaders to destructive killers. But what is undeniable is their prevalence and influence on our religions and cultures worldwide.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w15vCFMoac&t=1158s

To those who don't want to watch the video, essentially around the world giant skeletons have been found yet these discoveries have been covered up and dismissed by the scientific community at large over the last hundred years, potentially due to being ran by people who do not want to validate the ancient tales and scriptures of the past that documented such peoples existing. The Smithsonian Institution was notorious for this during the early 20th century and despite their efforts evidence still exists of finding these skeletons they made so many efforts to hide.

San_Antonio_Giants.jpg

castelnau-giant-3.jpg
c4a4c3816111af9e3a879a91e7cb29b8.jpg
New_York_Times_Giant_Skeletons.jpg

I hope this thread generates some interesting discussion as this topic has been on my mind for awhile and I'm curious to see what others think.​

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
If you're into this sort of stuff read Evola. The entire perennial traditionalist philosophy is grounded in the idea that similar concepts in different cultures allude to a higher truth.

I personally disagree with perennialism but Evola does have useful insights.

Their extinction is attributed to the aboriginals killing them off through hunting and the forest fires they would set off to make hunting even easier.
First off its not just reptiles. megafauna of all kinds were prevalent in every region, I think giants are the human equivalent of this.. In many cases they were literally just giant versions of animals we have now. My theory on their extinction is the reduction of oxygen concentration in the atmosphere. There are periods in history where the atmosphere was thinned for one reason or another. The less oxygen there is to breath, the smaller an animal must become to adapt.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Ye, I bet giants were real but unable to form complex social hierarchy's like we can.

So we killed them just like we did the Neanderthals, Denisovans, etc.

But also being tooo big as a biped runs you into problem with the inverse square law.
As you get taller surface area grows exponentially and internal volume grows quadratically. This means there will have to be a cap on human height due to bones being unable to support more mass.

Virtual Cafe Awards

danf_

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
danf.neocities.org
It always has been interesting to me that so many different cultures have similar tales in their mythology. To me, it seems most logical that events like those described truly happened.
If events like those didn't happen, I don't really understand how so many cultures have similar myths.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Ye, I bet giants were real but unable to form complex social hierarchy's like we can.

So we killed them just like we did the Neanderthals, Denisovans, etc.

But also being tooo big as a biped runs you into problem with the inverse square law.
As you get taller surface area grows exponentially and internal volume grows quadratically. This means there will have to be a cap on human height due to bones being unable to support more mass.

we didn't kill the neanderthals. the neandertals were quite advanced and evidence is now suggesting that the modern homo sapien is a breed of neaderthals and some other hominid.

the neaderthal had tools and art and language and tight communities. other hominids at the time did not

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
we didn't kill the neanderthals. the neandertals were quite advanced and evidence is now suggesting that the modern homo sapien is a breed of neaderthals and some other hominid.

the neaderthal had tools and art and language and tight communities. other hominids at the time did not
oh, I never knew the outlook was that favorable.

I was under the impression that there was inter breeding, but Neanderthals were more tight clans on family members, and homo sapiens were about forming much larger groups.
So naturally the Neanderthals who were smart would interbreed and integrate bringing their tools and art, while the Neanderthals that stayed more tightly grouped and avoided integration (no matter how smart, tools or art wise) were wiped out

im dumb as fuck

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

oh, I never knew the outlook was that favorable.

I was under the impression that there was inter breeding, but Neanderthals were more tight clans on family members, and homo sapiens were about forming much larger groups.
So naturally the Neanderthals who were smart would interbreed and integrate bringing their tools and art, while the Neanderthals that stayed more tightly grouped and avoided integration (no matter how smart, tools or art wise) were wiped out

im dumb as fuck
no, youre not dumb. new shit just gets discovered. the neanderthals being the big dumb retards who got outdone by the based, fast and smarter homo sapiens might have been true a few decades ago, but theyve made more discoveries since then

while physical build and capabilites are evolutionarily important, what is as important, or maybe even more, is what is called the "symbolic revolution"

at some point, humans or proto humans developed the ability to assign meaning to symbols. this lead to artistic expression/symbolism, but more importantly, written language.

neanderthals have been found to have had makeup and primitive jewelery (seashells and shit), stone tools, even flutes and even buried their dead

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Read Graham Hancock if you want to know more about antediluvian civilization archaeology.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TRXTR

Classified Personnel Only Past This Point
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
krowznezt.net
If you really want to study up on the commonalities and shared threads of our world mythologies and cultures, read up on Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell. Jung had some great work including The Red Book and his work with the Archetypes, and his student Joseph Campbell went even further to come up with the Monomyth or The Hero's Journey, a cyclical descent for the protagonist of a story or myth into the proverbial "belly of the beast", to meet new friends and mentors, face great danger for even greater reward, and barely make it out alive just to make it home, to rest and integrate the experience before the next call to adventure.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxrEdH1Evik
300px-Heroesjourney.svg.png
ece0f143-ade1-4768-b580-b982b7695b76

I'll make a separate post about our planet's antediluvian history, ancient civilizations, aliens, and the possibility of these very myths being our REAL past.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Excellent responses to this post so far :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

IIRC genetic testing has shown basically every human population on the planet has some ammount of Neanderthal DNA with the exception of Sub-Saharan africans.

(Sub-Saharan Africans' ancestors never left Africa, and thus never interacted with Neanderthals or their decendants.)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

IIRC genetic testing has shown basically every human population on the planet has some ammount of Neanderthal DNA with the exception of Sub-Saharan africans.

(Sub-Saharan Africans' ancestors never left Africa, and thus never interacted with Neanderthals or their decendants.)

Explains a lot doesn't it?

Reaction score
Awards
You should talk about the Sun, perhaps it's the fact is a common element you see everyday, but funnily enough, i've saw so many civilization praising the Sun as a god, or their incarnation on a human body, from Japan and Amateratsu to the Incan Inti, from Nahuatl Huitzilopochtli to Mayan Kinich Ahau, damn, even Ra in Egypt, they all share some form of similarity, a deity based on our star.

1644137258485.png

1644137633255.png

1644137296824.png

1644137360179.png

1644137375682.png

1644137665227.png

1644137706191.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
You should talk about the Sun, perhaps it's the fact is a common element you see everyday, but funnily enough, i've saw so many civilization praising the Sun as a god, or their incarnation on a human body, from Japan and Amateratsu to the Incan Inti, from Nahuatl Huitzilopochtli to Mayan Kinich Ahau, damn, even Ra in Egypt, they all share some form of similarity, a deity based on our star.
Shit, if I was alive like 4000 years ago and there was this bright fucking thing in the sky that was responsible for life and and warmth I would probably worship it too if I didn't know any better.

Virtual Cafe Awards