Reoccurring Themes in Mythology, Religion, Folklore & Archaeology Worldwide & What This Can Tell Us About The Past

What I'm about to propose in this Esoteric article is going to be an especially spicy hot take, which isn't rare for this forum. But basically I'm a believer world religion and mythology are strong reflections of the world of the past, though not through literal lens, but give a good picture of what people may have saw and experienced back then. Though many parts of these old tales have questionable validity, what is interesting is how much certain beings or world events show up in cultures worldwide which have historically been distant for thousands of years. For these themes to show up so often is no coincidence and I'd dare argue there is validity to certain creatures and occurrences actually happening. Today in this article I'll give three examples of exactly that and I'd love to hear more that you readers may know about.

The Great Deluge/Flood Myth

newton-whiston-comet-noah-flood-1.jpg

I have no doubt of the Great Deluge happening at some point in world history. The event is recorded in Christianity (Genesis), Judaism, Islam (Nuh), Zoroastrianism, and Hinduism (manvantara-sandhya), and recorded in the mythologies of the Chinese (Gun-Yu), Greek (Deucalion and Pyrrha), Irish (Cessair, though this one is debated due to mentioning having Christian meddling involved). Moreover, it's also mentioned in the lore of Native Americans, Polynesians, Aboriginal, Africans, and Mayan peoples. If a big massive flood that encapsulated the world didn't happen early in human history then why do so many ancient cultures recorded it happening and why do modern historians deny it or not acknowledge it happening? Simple, they can't as there is forces at play that deny it and reject any evidence towards it, reason why is unknown but this could be potentially due to the fact this event could explain the sinking of cities such as Atlantis and other Old World monuments that our Elites rather the general populace not know the location of. What hides under the waves where these previously inhabited civilizations now lie then? Ancient knowledge, technology, unknown intelligent creatures? We may never know.
146a5907664d0de9abf01db3ed8317d7.jpg

Dragons/Serpents
Destruction_of_Leviathan.png

Giant reptiles are a regular entity that shows up in cultures all over the globe. To the vicious and demonic reptiles of Europe and Arabia to the kind and gentle ones of China, these creatures vary in nature and are highly prevalent throughout. They are a neutral entity and their behavior differs on where you go, yet what happened to them and where they originate is quite debated. Some say they were created by humans from our instinctive fear of snakes while others argue that they were believed to be the reactions of our ancestors coming across dinosaur fossils, believing they were deceased giant lizards. But I propose another theory: were dragons/serpents actually endangered megafauna? Everyone knows our early human history collided with the fall of the Megafauna and could a lot of stories about dragons and serpents be about our ancestors encounters with them? And do we have proof of reptile megafauna actually existing during early human history? We do. Meet Megalania
maxresdefault.jpg

This massive reptile, which is a relative of the modern day monitor lizard family, spanned across the Australian continent until around 50,000 years ago. Their extinction is attributed to the aboriginals killing them off through hunting and the forest fires they would set off to make hunting even easier. We know from this giant lizards existed on Earth at some point in human history so what's not to say others did not exist elsewhere? Early humans could have overexaggerate the size and ferocity of these late megafauna, there's no denying that, but for them to show up so much in folklore all over the Earth, its safe to say they at some point existed, and what about serpents? Considering we barely know what even exists in our oceans who is to say there isn't large scale aquatic serpent-esc creatures down there?
81z4N-VcHdL.jpg

Giants
ARTICLE_180819794_EP_-1_GXMVAIEEPMBP_t1170.jpg

Giants were/are a subspecies of humanity that I'm certain were more prevalent during our early history. Very tall humans such as Robert Wadlow have existed in very recent times so I don't know why we deny such a people existing. Much like the Neanderthal they were overpowered by the homo sapien and as of today most probably no longer exist, but we can't deny they might have procreated with homo sapiens which could explain the very large and tall people we see in modern times.

800px-Robert_Wadlow_postcard.jpg

Robert Wadlow (1918-1940)

Another contributing factor to giants dying off is health factors: giantism is usually attributed to health problems, hence many struggle to live long lives with such a body mass, so its not ridiculous to think many died off due to these undesirable traits also.

As for giants in world religion and mythology, they can be found in the Abrahamic faiths, Hinduism, Jainism, and can be found in the myths of the Norse, Armenians, Romans, Native Americans, Greek, Bulgarians, Batics, and Basque peoples. Like dragons, their behaviors differs depending on where you go, being kind leaders to destructive killers. But what is undeniable is their prevalence and influence on our religions and cultures worldwide.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w15vCFMoac&t=1158s

To those who don't want to watch the video, essentially around the world giant skeletons have been found yet these discoveries have been covered up and dismissed by the scientific community at large over the last hundred years, potentially due to being ran by people who do not want to validate the ancient tales and scriptures of the past that documented such peoples existing. The Smithsonian Institution was notorious for this during the early 20th century and despite their efforts evidence still exists of finding these skeletons they made so many efforts to hide.

San_Antonio_Giants.jpg

castelnau-giant-3.jpg
c4a4c3816111af9e3a879a91e7cb29b8.jpg
New_York_Times_Giant_Skeletons.jpg

I hope this thread generates some interesting discussion as this topic has been on my mind for awhile and I'm curious to see what others think.​

Reaction score
Awards
Shit, if I was alive like 4000 years ago and there was this bright fucking thing in the sky that was responsible for life and and warmth I would probably worship it too if I didn't know any better.
I'll be honest with you chief, me too, hell i should even start praising that thing from now on, it gaves us life, and eventually would take our lifes too, so, mad respect for the madlad.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
And on the prevalence of flood myths: most ancient civilizations were reliant on close proximity to rivers, many of which were prone to seasonal flooding (such as Mesopotamia, Egypt, etc.). Over the years it would be very easy for these to become sensationalized.
Changing sea levels after the last glacial period may have also played a role, but the river explanation is nice and simple.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
(Sorry, don't mean to spam the thread with separate posts, yet I am doing it anyway)
Also, I would chalk many similarities in myth premises up to the fact that humans just aren't very original.
You could essentially boil down these into "what if flood, but big," "what if lizard/snake, but big," what if people, but big?"
It really isn't a stretch of the imagination to suppose that these fairly simple premises were thought up by various civilizations independently.
(I must also note that I am not an expert in any of this.)

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
(Sorry, don't mean to spam the thread with separate posts, yet I am doing it anyway)
Also, I would chalk many similarities up to the fact that humans just aren't very original.
You could essentially boil down these into "what if flood, but big," "what if lizard/snake, but big," what if people, but big?"
It really isn't a stretch of the imagination to suppose that these fairly simple premises were thought up by various civilizations independently.
I must also note that I am not an expert in any of this.
I was also thinking about this, i also like to add that with constant migrations we experienced, we ended up carrying those same original ideas to another place, and adapt a new idea or religion based on that, but in another place of course, for example, native americans didn't spawn in america out of nowhere, it was a migration from various places in asia, from northern china, to siberia and polynesian islands, i guess it was an idea we carried out with us when we established our civilizations in this continent, but even like that, everything has it's origin, who knows if the ancestors of the ancestors also believed in the sun too? And so on, that's my mental gymnastic, some ideas being carried by generations, and with a common element as the sun, it's not that hard to forget.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Friend

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
here's some stuff to add to this. there are many ancient statues around the world, in very far away places, that have odd similarities. for example, at easter island they dug up some of the statues and found out that they have bodies, and they are holding their penises. there's also statues they found doing this gesture in turkey, (also in gobekli tepe which is one of the most ancient places humans settled we know about).

urfamanpenis.jpg
tiahuanaco.jpg
gobeklitepipenissorrythispictureisbad.jpg
moaipenis.jpg

and there is also another motif called "handbag of the gods" that shows up a lot (this one is even more frequent and you can google it (you can't google moai penis holding around world, if anyone knows what it is actually called please tell me) but not as funny):
handbags.jpg
morehandbags.jpg

some people said that the statues holding penises are based on denisovans/giants, since they had red hair (the easter island heads have red hats and there was some other proof or something), and the people worshipped them and made statues after them, maybe they taught the people how to jack off so that's why they're holding their penises. And people also said the handbag of the gods had magic concrete in it, and that's how the ancient people built stuff, the aliens/gods/denisovans/giants/time travelers/whatever would bring them these bags with it in and make them build stuff like statues of them and buildings out of it. what do you think?

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Updated thread title to include archaeology too as it has mentioned quite a bit in this thread.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

And on the prevalence of flood myths: most ancient civilizations were reliant on close proximity to rivers, many of which were prone to seasonal flooding (such as Mesopotamia, Egypt, etc.). Over the years it would be very easy for these to become sensationalized.
Changing sea levels after the last glacial period may have also played a role, but the river explanation is nice and simple.

i think god just wanted to wipe out degenerates. not anymore compicated than that.

the flooded river theory doesn't really hold up, a river flood with such an impact as described in various cultures would maybe kill some crops. it wouldn't even be worth documenting. places like the nile DEPENDED on flooding for crop irrigation, it was routine.

for a river or lake, etc flood to be massive enough to document, it would have to be pretty big

but a flood that kills everything....that is worth writing down....so they did.

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
You should talk about the Sun, perhaps it's the fact is a common element you see everyday, but funnily enough, i've saw so many civilization praising the Sun as a god, or their incarnation on a human body, from Japan and Amateratsu to the Incan Inti, from Nahuatl Huitzilopochtli to Mayan Kinich Ahau, damn, even Ra in Egypt, they all share some form of similarity, a deity based on our star.
If I remember correctly in early Egypt how they got people to serve was they convinced them that the Pharaoh was the son of the Sun.

And that if you didn't listen he would turn the sun out and you'd get cold and your crops would die

the original "my dad owns Microsoft and he will ban you"
CC90A156-91B5-4EC9-B5C2-95E4BA706190.jpeg

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Makadam

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The belief in, or worship of various sun, fire and lightning spirits/deities/forces was pretty much part of genetic memory for early humans. For hundreds of thousands of years, men relied on the Sun as their caretaker. When the Sun was up, they could see the world and all its threats, and they were warmed by its rays. When the Sun went down, they shivered in cold - and fear, as the predators came out to hunt. They were very much at the mercy of the environment, like their tree-climbing ancestors before them.
But there is another source of light out there, and it can exist at night when the Sun has already gone beyond the horizon - fire. One source for fire are volcanoes - which were, themselves, objects of worship. Another is much more common in nature, lightning strikes. Through forest and bush fires, men first came in contact with the scary force that consumed everything in its path. But humans aren't stupid. They saw how animals were scared off by fire, they felt the heat and they scavenged burnt carcasses and realised that cooked meat was good for them. Fire allowed them to be safer and warmer, and it allowed them to consume meat that was healthier for them and easier to digest. Of course, that was only the beginning and it probably took a very long time for them to get good at capturing fire but with time, the knowledge not only to capture, but create, fire was passed on. That was the second huge step forward, because it even further pushed men away from total reliance on nature. Obviously, someone has to tend to the fire, which is how you get various forms of priesthood, like the Roman vestals. Who, by the way, would in case of their eternal flame dying out, create a new one by focusing sunlight - this was considered the only right way to create a pure flame, seeing how it came directly from the Sun.
And even to this day, when you can create light with the flick of a switch, either on a wall or on a lighter, we still carry on with some traditions. Like sending candles downstream to commemorate the Equinox, burning pyres to commemorate the summer Solstice or lighting candles on graves and shrines.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

"Myths" recycle and have global similarity appeal because they really happened

all cultures have a global flood story because it actually happened

all cultures have a nearly identical creation story because that's how that shit really happened

phip3khan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Shit, if I was alive like 4000 years ago and there was this bright fucking thing in the sky that was responsible for life and and warmth I would probably worship it too if I didn't know any better.
What do you mean, you don't praise the sun on daily basis?

Angelo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
here's some stuff to add to this. there are many ancient statues around the world, in very far away places, that have odd similarities. for example, at easter island they dug up some of the statues and found out that they have bodies, and they are holding their penises. there's also statues they found doing this gesture in turkey, (also in gobekli tepe which is one of the most ancient places humans settled we know about).

View attachment 17451 View attachment 17452View attachment 17453View attachment 17454

and there is also another motif called "handbag of the gods" that shows up a lot (this one is even more frequent and you can google it (you can't google moai penis holding around world, if anyone knows what it is actually called please tell me) but not as funny):
View attachment 17455View attachment 17456
some people said that the statues holding penises are based on denisovans/giants, since they had red hair (the easter island heads have red hats and there was some other proof or something), and the people worshipped them and made statues after them, maybe they taught the people how to jack off so that's why they're holding their penises. And people also said the handbag of the gods had magic concrete in it, and that's how the ancient people built stuff, the aliens/gods/denisovans/giants/time travelers/whatever would bring them these bags with it in and make them build stuff like statues of them and buildings out of it. what do you think?
Very interesting that the handbag and red hair motif appear across separate cultures.

There was another, more recent sighting of this kind of thing in Japan in 1803:
A boat in the shape of a typical flying saucer washed ashore in Hitachi, and inside was a young woman with red hair, carrying a box which she stubbornly guarded from the curious locals.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
"The upper part had several windows made of glass or crystal, covered with bars and clogged with some kind of tree resin. The shape of the hollow boat resembled a wooden rice pit. The windows were completely transparent and the baffled fishermen looked inside. The inner side of the Utsuro-bune was decorated with texts written in an unknown language. The fishermen found items inside such as two bed sheets, a bottle filled with 3.6 litres of water, some cake and kneaded meat.

Then the fishermen saw a beautiful young woman, possibly 18 or 20 years old. Her body size was said to be 1.5 metres (4.92 feet). The woman had red hair and eyebrows, the hair elongated by artificial white extensions. The extensions could have been made of white fur or thin, white-powdered textile streaks. This hairstyle cannot be found in any literature. The skin of the lady was a very pale pink color. She wore precious, long and smooth clothes of unknown fabrics.

The woman began speaking, but no one understood her. She did not seem to understand the fishermen either, so no one could ask her about her origin. Although the mysterious woman appeared friendly and courteous, she acted oddly, for she always clutched a quadratic box made of pale material and around 0.6 m (24 in) in size. The woman did not allow anyone to touch the box, no matter how kindly or pressingly the witnesses asked."

Maybe this woman wasn't an extraterrestrial, but the detail about her hair extensions not belonging to any known culture at the time is definitely mysterious.

Attachments

• 9CD22F9D-1720-4529-9030-2721013DE086.jpeg
    9CD22F9D-1720-4529-9030-2721013DE086.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 49
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Very interesting that the handbag and red hair motif appear across separate cultures.

There was another, more recent sighting of this kind of thing in Japan in 1803:
A boat in the shape of a typical flying saucer washed ashore in Hitachi, and inside was a young woman with red hair, carrying a box which she stubbornly guarded from the curious locals.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
"The upper part had several windows made of glass or crystal, covered with bars and clogged with some kind of tree resin. The shape of the hollow boat resembled a wooden rice pit. The windows were completely transparent and the baffled fishermen looked inside. The inner side of the Utsuro-bune was decorated with texts written in an unknown language. The fishermen found items inside such as two bed sheets, a bottle filled with 3.6 litres of water, some cake and kneaded meat.

Then the fishermen saw a beautiful young woman, possibly 18 or 20 years old. Her body size was said to be 1.5 metres (4.92 feet). The woman had red hair and eyebrows, the hair elongated by artificial white extensions. The extensions could have been made of white fur or thin, white-powdered textile streaks. This hairstyle cannot be found in any literature. The skin of the lady was a very pale pink color. She wore precious, long and smooth clothes of unknown fabrics.

The woman began speaking, but no one understood her. She did not seem to understand the fishermen either, so no one could ask her about her origin. Although the mysterious woman appeared friendly and courteous, she acted oddly, for she always clutched a quadratic box made of pale material and around 0.6 m (24 in) in size. The woman did not allow anyone to touch the box, no matter how kindly or pressingly the witnesses asked."

Maybe this woman wasn't an extraterrestrial, but the detail about her hair extensions not belonging to any known culture at the time is definitely mysterious.
Scottish or Irish hottie goes to Japan and has a hard time at the fish market

<SIXX>

BXRN LXST CXNTURY
Reaction score
Awards
What I'm about to propose in this Esoteric article is going to be an especially spicy hot take, which isn't rare for this forum. But basically I'm a believer world religion and mythology are strong reflections of the world of the past, though not through literal lens, but give a good picture of what people may have saw and experienced back then. Though many parts of these old tales have questionable validity, what is interesting is how much certain beings or world events show up in cultures worldwide which have historically been distant for thousands of years. For these themes to show up so often is no coincidence and I'd dare argue there is validity to certain creatures and occurrences actually happening. Today in this article I'll give three examples of exactly that and I'd love to hear more that you readers may know about.

The Great Deluge/Flood Myth

View attachment 16944

I have no doubt of the Great Deluge happening at some point in world history. The event is recorded in Christianity (Genesis), Judaism, Islam (Nuh), Zoroastrianism, and Hinduism (manvantara-sandhya), and recorded in the mythologies of the Chinese (Gun-Yu), Greek (Deucalion and Pyrrha), Irish (Cessair, though this one is debated due to mentioning having Christian meddling involved). Moreover, it's also mentioned in the lore of Native Americans, Polynesians, Aboriginal, Africans, and Mayan peoples. If a big massive flood that encapsulated the world didn't happen early in human history then why do so many ancient cultures recorded it happening and why do modern historians deny it or not acknowledge it happening? Simple, they can't as there is forces at play that deny it and reject any evidence towards it, reason why is unknown but this could be potentially due to the fact this event could explain the sinking of cities such as Atlantis and other Old World monuments that our Elites rather the general populace not know the location of. What hides under the waves where these previously inhabited civilizations now lie then? Ancient knowledge, technology, unknown intelligent creatures? We may never know.
View attachment 16962

Dragons/Serpents
View attachment 16963

Giant reptiles are a regular entity that shows up in cultures all over the globe. To the vicious and demonic reptiles of Europe and Arabia to the kind and gentle ones of China, these creatures vary in nature and are highly prevalent throughout. They are a neutral entity and their behavior differs on where you go, yet what happened to them and where they originate is quite debated. Some say they were created by humans from our instinctive fear of snakes while others argue that they were believed to be the reactions of our ancestors coming across dinosaur fossils, believing they were deceased giant lizards. But I propose another theory: were dragons/serpents actually endangered megafauna? Everyone knows our early human history collided with the fall of the Megafauna and could a lot of stories about dragons and serpents be about our ancestors encounters with them? And do we have proof of reptile megafauna actually existing during early human history? We do. Meet Megalania
View attachment 17051
This massive reptile, which is a relative of the modern day monitor lizard family, spanned across the Australian continent until around 50,000 years ago. Their extinction is attributed to the aboriginals killing them off through hunting and the forest fires they would set off to make hunting even easier. We know from this giant lizards existed on Earth at some point in human history so what's not to say others did not exist elsewhere? Early humans could have overexaggerate the size and ferocity of these late megafauna, there's no denying that, but for them to show up so much in folklore all over the Earth, its safe to say they at some point existed, and what about serpents? Considering we barely know what even exists in our oceans who is to say there isn't large scale aquatic serpent-esc creatures down there?
View attachment 17052

Giants
View attachment 17053
Giants were/are a subspecies of humanity that I'm certain were more prevalent during our early history. Very tall humans such as Robert Wadlow have existed in very recent times so I don't know why we deny such a people existing. Much like the Neanderthal they were overpowered by the homo sapien and as of today most probably no longer exist, but we can't deny they might have procreated with homo sapiens which could explain the very large and tall people we see in modern times.

View attachment 17055
Robert Wadlow (1918-1940)

Another contributing factor to giants dying off is health factors: giantism is usually attributed to health problems, hence many struggle to live long lives with such a body mass, so its not ridiculous to think many died off due to these undesirable traits also.

As for giants in world religion and mythology, they can be found in the Abrahamic faiths, Hinduism, Jainism, and can be found in the myths of the Norse, Armenians, Romans, Native Americans, Greek, Bulgarians, Batics, and Basque peoples. Like dragons, their behaviors differs depending on where you go, being kind leaders to destructive killers. But what is undeniable is their prevalence and influence on our religions and cultures worldwide.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w15vCFMoac&t=1158s

To those who don't want to watch the video, essentially around the world giant skeletons have been found yet these discoveries have been covered up and dismissed by the scientific community at large over the last hundred years, potentially due to being ran by people who do not want to validate the ancient tales and scriptures of the past that documented such peoples existing. The Smithsonian Institution was notorious for this during the early 20th century and despite their efforts evidence still exists of finding these skeletons they made so many efforts to hide.

View attachment 17056

View attachment 17073View attachment 17082View attachment 17057

I hope this thread generates some interesting discussion as this topic has been on my mind for awhile and I'm curious to see what others think.​

I find this so fascinating and as a person that's starting to see the bs we get fed daily more clearly the more these subject matters make sense to me. I knew giants were real and megafauna there's no reason why it couldn't exist.

Virtual Cafe Awards

7-Eleven Spy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I love this stuff. It's always fun to think about whether our modern-day beliefs were originally influenced by real events (or if they were truly "paranormal" and we're missing a piece to the puzzle). I think there is a lot to learn by drawing from different religious and esoteric sources. I'll leave you with a cool religious timeline graph to ponder over:

religion_tree.jpg

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
This is a subject that has always fascinated me. I am glad to have found this thread about it.

The fact that multiple beliefs system existed across many cultures separated by significant distances in ancient history proves that the concept of religion/faith was not designed by some specific culture. When I was young I always wondered if it was fabricated by a specific society as a means to gain power, but as I grew up, I discovered that it was likely not the case.

The facts that myth have over-archinng theme is very interesting. As I see it there could be several potential explanation:

• Shared events across history
  • Humans have hardcoded "signatures" and as a result create similar story independently.
  • Faith is a biological propriety that has "hardcoded constants"
  • Proof of divine intervention

From an "objective/scientific" point of view, many things can be explained by natural occurences that were exagerated over time (huge cratures, floods). Moai and red-haired women are a bit harder to explain. Regarding Moais, I suposse one could theorize that imagination/creativity is less grandiose that we like to think. The women could be simply people from a foreign land (Irish perphaps?) This would mean that given a lack of information/data, human creativity follow a somewhat linear path.

From a subjective/spiritual point of view, this could perphaps indicates the design of a higher power. Assuming that a divine influence does exists, this likely means that it does not care about the form it is being revered in. Under such system, this would mean no religion are "wrong" as no one is "correct", the only thing that would matter being sprituality itself.

The observation that humanity might lack "real" creativity is intriguing. When you take a moment to think, you come to the conclusion that human are very good at emulating ideas. From the day we were born to the day we die, one might consider that no idea we have is "truly original". If so, this raise some questions.

Do this means that human creativity follow a "linear path" where the end point is every civilization ending up being very similar in the end? If so, could it have been derailed by an external factor (i.e an alien race)? Under this assumption this would mean that in the end, everything would be homogenized. It is not difficult to draw some observation in the modern world regarding this; everything is slowly starting to look the same.

Another things that greatly intrigues me is the stories of the red-haired ladies carrying a bag. One could theorize that they are either aliens or divine beings that intermingled with humans and end up creating people with ginger hair, but I do not know enough about history to say more on this matter.

As for the bag, it is very mysterious. As it show up in many places, one could reasonably assume that it was not some personal belonging of the women featured in the japanesse story (or at the very least not unique). If we take the story at face value, this would means those mysterious people have some means of transport and thus some technology ressenbling an UFO. As for the bag content, I would like to propose that it may have been an Antikythera mechanism, an ancient analogue computer device likely used to practice astronomy.

Truth to be told, I am unsure how to process this information. For now I will go to sleep and perphaps do further analysis on a later date.

Abolbo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I believe that it is entirely possible that every culture shares a flood myth due to simple localization. I.e, when three city states are your entire known world, a relatively small flood could seem catastrophic. The likelihood that each culture worldwide would encounter a catastrophic flood at one point is almost 100%, esecially considering the fact that most if not all early human settlements were formed near some sort of water source.

Now, it's entirely possible that it was in fact a worldwide deluge, especially since many flood myths can be traced back to ABOUT the same time (give or take 1000 years, ugh), but you can't offer up this perspective without seriously considering and disproving my first point.