What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Resurgence of Older Technology

Orlando Smooth

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have a fairly sizeable cassette collection and I'm not gonna kid myself into thinking it's anything but a cheap way of supporting artists and having a collection of items that's easy to store. I buy the cassette, download lossless audio files and then listen to the files. Shipping records all over the world is expensive, shipping a tape not so much.
Totally valid response. I'm not some sort of elitist that thinks the world needs to be purged of cassettes or whatever, but I do roll my eyes when people assume that because they're physical media they're high quality. As with all things, they have their place, it's just that their place is not really in the hi-fi system.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Containment Chat
Rules Help Users
  • Jackeline:
    shinobu said:
    I made one but it was "graphic design is my passion" tier so no one adopted it
    i overcome the graphic design is my passion phase
  • Jackeline:
    now is graphic design is my life
  • Junious:
    Describing when a rich person does art in front of a starving artist
  • Jackeline:
    because i literally my work consist in that
  • Jackeline:
    i'm a graphic designer.
  • 雨、Some_porcupine、 逃げ出した後:
    Jackeline said:
    now is graphic design is my life
    when i knew how, i started to hate it
  • Jackeline:
    雨、Some_porcupine、 逃げ出した後 said:
    when i knew how, i started to hate it
    but the cash is great, i can get paid by something that took me 10 minutes to make
  • Jackeline:
    i've been stealing assets from korean marketing for months and nobody has ever noticed that.
    +3
    idk, "everyone is designer" is problem... it is like with lotto, also, i hate templates, feels phony to me
  • Junious:
    have you considered adding subliminal symbolism to corrupt the youth?
    +1
    hm, like "everything is concepts, nothing matters, we believe science here, everythin is random" stuff?
  • Pangolin:
    Jackeline said:
    i'm a graphic designer.
    im a software ""engineer""
  • Jackeline:
    Junious said:
    have you considered adding subliminal symbolism to corrupt the youth?
    They don't pay me enough for that
    +2
  • Pangolin:
    the only engineering I do is figuring out how to center a div
    but he is, i guess. i went to middle school as designer, but they taught us so much at once i go disgusted
  • Pangolin:
    no algorithm optimization, only cookie cutter copy paste
  • Junious:
    the Lovecraftian notion of looking at an image from a particular angle that turns it into a portal to a hellish alternative dimension
  • Jackeline:
    I always found hilarious how people used to make fun of graphic designers in the past, and nowadays there is a decent demand for our experience and work.
  • eve:
    Pangolin said:
    this izz2 accurate XDDD
    +1
    Pangolin said:
    media queries are pain
  • Jackeline:
    i did the laziest Curriculum and yet i got the job
    Junious said:
    the Lovecraftian notion of looking at an image from a particular angle that turns it into a portal to a hellish alternative dimension
    https://external-content.duckduckgo...c29e5f7c624a842927126c5851c4eecf24&ipo=images
    +1
  • Jackeline:
    Staring at the mirror for certain amount of time can distort your perception of reality
    +1
  • Jackeline:
    mirrors are more fun than television
  • handoferis:
    Pangolin said:
    it's more fun if you get out of frontend
    handoferis: the only engineering I do is figuring out how to center a div it's more fun if you get out of...