Review of the EP "Mythic Emerald EP" by Sonavision Deluxe

This August we've had some new great album releases and it makes me so so happy!
One of them is actually an EP, "Mythic Emerald" by Sonavision Deluxe.
First things first, who's this artist?
Well, this music project comes from the mind of the American producer, composer, graphic artist and songwriter Robert J. Clifford, and his main genres are a fusion of electronica, vaporwave, experimental, and synthwave sonic stylings.
SO, speaking of his last work, I would like to start (of course) with the first song: Vis.
It starts with a simple piano melody that then evolves and starts getting electronica, and then it gets more vaporwave. I think it is genius because it is the perfect fusion of many musical things that then, at the end, they give a beautiful final product.
Honestly I love it, I love how this intro was made, maybe it's because I extremely love piano and because I am officially a music major now I feel it even more in my heart, but, in general this intro is so full of good and pure feelings it's just a pleasure to listen to it over and over again.
Jaded Root is the second track of the song and, from the beginning you can tell that it is obviously a synthwave piece!
It is a very good mixed piece, I love the mix and mastering that has been done on this song, and I love how it goes straight to the point: synthwave, that's it.
It's literally what you expect from a piece of this genre and I absolutely love it, when something is such a classic it's impossible not to love it! I don;t want to come off as someone who is just saying "it' just basic synthwave": NO, THIS SONG IS A NEW CLASSIC.
We are now going to Fortune's Mist, and it has got some tribal/tropical vibes, mixed of course, with some good vaporwave nostalgic feelings.
This piece as well has got many synthwave elements and that's just what I like, plus, this piece sounds like actual emerald. Listen to it and let me know what you think.
Niosha is the fourth track of the EP, and it maintains the good synthwave elements that characterize this EP, here there are also some flute elements that are very very good too!
It is very very cool sounding and the end is pretty much different from the rest of the piece and I like this particularity so so much.
Fifth track, Deep Rose, it is completely different from every other song of the EP, from the sounds that were used in here, to the concept and in general the idea. There is still the synthwave element but it was used in a different way here and I really enjoyed listening to this more experimental piece.
Last but not least: KMT-DLX - Powered Plus. This piec is so fast, seriously, the tempo is pretty much fast and energetic, maybe this is why in the title there are the words "Powered Plus", it is fast, energetic, a very PLUS piece. I like it a lot and it really brightened my night.
WELL, my final thoughts on this EP is that it is just great, I've loved it and I will probablybuy a physical copy of it whenever it will be available again!
I am leaving you here the BandCamp link to the album.

LINK:
View: https://sonavisiondeluxe.bandcamp.com/album/mythic-emerald-ep

Attachments

• 61uncEY552L._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg
    61uncEY552L._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,308