Saturn and Communism

SplitMindTF2

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Recently I've been reading about The Saturnalia, a festival in ancient rome to celebrate the god Saturn and something stuck out to me. During Saturnalia the slaves and slave masters were said to of swapped roles with the slaves now being able to talk back to their masters, order them to do things, and even sit with them at the dinner table (this of course had its limits but that's besides the point). This tradition had its roots in the golden age in which Saturn ruled over Italy and I quote:

"The first inhabitants of Italy were the Aborigines, whose king, Saturn, is said to have been a man of such extraordinary justice, that no one was a slave in his reign, or had any private property, but all things were common to all, and undivided, as one estate for the use of every one; in memory of which way of life, it has been ordered that at the Saturnalia slaves should everywhere sit down with their masters at the entertainments, the rank of all being made equal."

-Quote from Justinus

Doesn't that sound alarmingly similar writings by Marx? Not only that but traditionally Saturn was said to of hold a sickle, I'm not saying Marx himself was a Saturn worshipper but maybe someone who adopted the symbol of the hammer and sickle and Marx's ideals, i.e. Vladimir Lenin was.

1648087338548.png

a painting of Saturn holding his sickle from the
Naples Archaeological Museum.

This theory isn't too developed and I'd like to hear some feedback on this, and perhaps anymore evidence of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LincolnJames

Aspiring tiger rider
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not saying Marx himself was a Saturn worshipper but maybe someone who adopted the symbol of the hammer and sickle and Marx's ideals, i.e. Vladimir Lenin was.
>Marx not a Saturn worshipper
you sure about that? ever type "saturn worship" into ddg? ever think about the possibility that christianity is proto-marxism? it's hard not to come to some realizations about the connection between all of these things. careful though this is quite a rabbit hole you're about to go down.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
1648106188604.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

SplitMindTF2

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
>Marx not a Saturn worshipper
you sure about that? ever type "saturn worship" into ddg? ever think about the possibility that christianity is proto-marxism? it's hard not to come to some realizations about the connection between all of these things. careful though this is quite a rabbit hole you're about to go down.
What is ddg?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sable

Telvanni wizard.
Reaction score
Awards
Recently I've been reading about The Saturnalia, a festival in ancient rome to celebrate the god Saturn and something stuck out to me. During Saturnalia the slaves and slave masters were said to of swapped roles with the slaves now being able to talk back to their masters, order them to do things, and even sit with them at the dinner table (this of course had its limits but that's besides the point). This tradition had its roots in the golden age in which Saturn ruled over Italy and I quote:

"The first inhabitants of Italy were the Aborigines, whose king, Saturn, is said to have been a man of such extraordinary justice, that no one was a slave in his reign, or had any private property, but all things were common to all, and undivided, as one estate for the use of every one; in memory of which way of life, it has been ordered that at the Saturnalia slaves should everywhere sit down with their masters at the entertainments, the rank of all being made equal."

-Quote from Justinus

Doesn't that sound alarmingly similar writings by Marx? Not only that but traditionally Saturn was said to of hold a sickle, I'm not saying Marx himself was a Saturn worshipper but maybe someone who adopted the symbol of the hammer and sickle and Marx's ideals, i.e. Vladimir Lenin was.

View attachment 23806

This theory isn't too developed and I'd like to hear some feedback on this, and perhaps anymore evidence of it.
The Roman God Saturn is based on the Greek God of time Cronos (Cronus/Kronos). The Image provided depicts (what I believe) to be the God Saturn instead of the early era king. Saturn or Chronos is commonly depicted holding a sickle because the sickle is the tool he used to castrate his father Uranus. The adoption of the hammer and sickle for use as Marxist symbology is a result of those tools being used by a majority of Russia's working class (the peasantry) during the period of the early 20th century.

I doubt the two are related.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LincolnJames

Aspiring tiger rider
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Saturn or Chronos is commonly depicted holding a sickle because the sickle is the tool he used to castrate his father Uranus.

That's actually a surprisingly good metaphor for the way communists purge the history/culture/traditions of the society they replaced.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Hypet-Leathel
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.halopedia.org

-Quote from Justinus

View attachment 23806

it's an interested start. According to Bertrand Russell, under Leon Trotsky's leadership, the Soviet Union was the closest thing to Plato's Republic that had been achieved by man. Similarly, Slavoj Zizek's book on Trotsky only uses the sickle instead of the hammer and sickle. There's some reasonable semiotics here, although i could be stretching it a bit .

Attachments

• Trotsky-1050st-6e3974ec8e274dfe2a435d8b751cd382.jpg
    Trotsky-1050st-6e3974ec8e274dfe2a435d8b751cd382.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 30
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SplitMindTF2

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Why is Saturn at the centre of schizoposting? A friend of mine theorised it was Hell a few years ago.
Most theories tend to stem from Jordan Maxxwell's theory about many religions going back to Saturn worship but it has heavily evolved since then, to the elites worshipping Saturn to there being a quantum computer in Saturn which houses the universe

Also Jordan Maxxwell died yesterday but that was probably a psyop

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Hypet-Leathel
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.halopedia.org
Virtual Cafe Awards