Shadow people experiences

ETierhuman

MAIN EVENT ETIER IS NOW IN YOUR FORUM!!!!!
Reaction score
Awards
images (1).jpg
title explains everything so uh, ill share my story.
A 6 year old Etierhuman trying to sleep and failing at it to. I thought i woke up but i couldnt move or anything just forced to stay there and endure what comes. My door then slowly creeps open and with my pussy ass self with my nightlight on i knew it was a human something yeah it was a shadow person and holy shit this part still creeps me out. So that *thing* comes itching closer to me irl im sweating out of my mind shadow bout to touch me and BAM i wake up sweating.
Not until later i had another experience but it was what young me didnt know, a shadow person. But this time it was just a flash of a person, wasnt creeped out and took it as "its late im just seeing things" and go back to talking wit my friends. What are yalls "interactions".

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Had really bad sleep paralysis and nightly experiences of feeling like a shadowed being was kneeling on my chest and and trying to suffocate me. Happened for about a month, then stopped. I dunno how to explain it in medical or scientific terms but it was very real feeling. And scary but i think there are some scientific facts to explain these experiences.

Virtual Cafe Awards
When I was a child I use to have this reoccurring shadow-being who would stand in my doorway wearing a trench coat and fedora. When I would move to wake my brother (who slept in a bed next to mine) the shadow would turn into inky smoke and be gone. Never could wake my brother up in time to see him.

Ever since I learned about lucid dreaming techniques and how to put yourself into sleep paralysis, I've kept my cool when seeing things like that in my bedroom. These days when I wake up into sleep paralysis, the room grows dark red, I see ewok-looking eyes along the wall, and I hear a lion grumbling somewhere off in the distance. No shadow people these days.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

Reaction score
Awards
When I was a child I use to have this reoccurring shadow-being who would stand in my doorway wearing a trench coat and fedora. When I would move to wake my brother (who slept in a bed next to mine) the shadow would turn into inky smoke and be gone. Never could wake my brother up in time to see him.

Ever since I learned about lucid dreaming techniques and how to put yourself into sleep paralysis, I've kept my cool when seeing things like that in my bedroom. These days when I wake up into sleep paralysis, the room grows dark red, I see ewok-looking eyes along the wall, and I hear a lion grumbling somewhere off in the distance. No shadow people these days.
images (3).jpg
Shadow person like this?

Virtual Cafe Awards

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
I've had sleep paralysis several times but it only involved a shadow person twice. I don't think the first really counts but basically I quit cigarettes after 9 years of pack/day and was on the patch. Saw a figure sitting in my room and he just asked me for a smoke and I woke up. The scary one was years later after a bad breakup while I was working nights: stalking quickly across my bedroom towards me and I managed to scream myself out of it like a little bitch. It's hard to actually do that though, the peril has to really reach a height to finally get movement at all.
Otherwise it usually involved hearing whispering or a voice that sounded like Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode singing in jibberish, getting proked in the spine or slapped at through the covers, covers slowly being pulled off, but no shadow people.

The 3 ingredients seem to be:
  • huge levels of stress/morbid disposition
  • fucked sleep schedule
  • managing to fall asleep on my back
Had a friend in HS who claimed to have it nightly. Didn't talk of shadow people though, just his chair swiveling and whispering/scratching. Always had dark circles. Sleep paralysis is whack.

Eyes are something I'm glad to have not seen.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

my dad has 2 stories

1 was when he was a bachelor living on Indian Rocks Beach here in Florida. he was living alone and he had a backdoor with a curtain over it. he saw a "hat man" pass over the curtain. freaked him out and later he smelled burning. called the fire department, they couldn't find anything. later he found that the curtain got sucked into an oscillating fan and that's what the burning smell was

another time he and my step mom were sleeping and they both woke up at the same time and had a vision or a "feeling" that a hat man was standing at the head of their bed. in those days, we were poor so they slept in a "florida room" with a mattress on the floor. where the head of their bed was where my bedroom was. so this hat man was kind of standing right outside my bedroom door when I was 5 or 6.

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
I've only had 1 experience that is sort of like that. I was either sleep paralysed or having a nightmare, trying to crawl and trying to turn on the light, because I felt a ominous and threatening presence watching me through the open doorway. When I woke up. I turned the light on and took a moment to collect myself. To this day I don't know if it was just a feeling from the nightmare or a shadow person I couldn't quite see, but could feel the presence of.
I don't remember many dreams sadly, but the ones I do, I typically die in them somehow, though I rarely feel scared in those.
  • fucked sleep schedule
I suspect there's more to it than just these. I satisfy the poor sleep, and sleeping on my back points. I also have a morbid disposition.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

Reaction score
Awards
I've had sleep paralysis several times but it only involved a shadow person twice. I don't think the first really counts but basically I quit cigarettes after 9 years of pack/day and was on the patch. Saw a figure sitting in my room and he just asked me for a smoke and I woke up. The scary one was years later after a bad breakup while I was working nights: stalking quickly across my bedroom towards me and I managed to scream myself out of it like a little bitch. It's hard to actually do that though, the peril has to really reach a height to finally get movement at all.
Otherwise it usually involved hearing whispering or a voice that sounded like Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode singing in jibberish, getting proked in the spine or slapped at through the covers, covers slowly being pulled off, but no shadow people.

The 3 ingredients seem to be:
  • fucked sleep schedule
Had a friend in HS who claimed to have it nightly. Didn't talk of shadow people though, just his chair swiveling and whispering/scratching. Always had dark circles. Sleep paralysis is whack.

Eyes are something I'm glad to have not seen.
Bad sleep schedule may aswell be a confirmed cause KaReNwInK

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

calico_jack

midwest emo
Reaction score
Awards
i had a friend who when he was like a freshman in HS had been on an adderall binge and been awake for so long he had started to go into physcosis, seeing shadow people, hearing voices. anyway he eventually overdosed or something.

he ended up in a ward but picked up a fuck ton of mental problems like dissociating and while i was his roommate he told me about still seeing shadow people and tiny shadow men in the corners of the room and by the Laundry basket which lead to him barley sleeping which only exasperated the problem.

do you think his shadow people were rooted in mental disorders or were in the same vein as the 'supernatural'?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Controller of Planet X

Take Me To Your Leader!
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 7299title explains everything so uh, ill share my story.
A 6 year old Etierhuman trying to sleep and failing at it to. I thought i woke up but i couldnt move or anything just forced to stay there and endure what comes. My door then slowly creeps open and with my pussy ass self with my nightlight on i knew it was a human something yeah it was a shadow person and holy shit this part still creeps me out. So that *thing* comes itching closer to me irl im sweating out of my mind shadow bout to touch me and BAM i wake up sweating.
Not until later i had another experience but it was what young me didnt know, a shadow person. But this time it was just a flash of a person, wasnt creeped out and took it as "its late im just seeing things" and go back to talking wit my friends. What are yalls "interactions".

Most of my "shadow people" experiences were during bouts of sleep paralysis. It has only happened to me a handful of times. I travel fairly often, and I usually have them after relocating to a new country.

Generally the sensation is a terrifying sense of vulnerability, as though you cannot move or defend yourself from an impending threat (or shadow person).

It makes sense that I get them in new environments, because after jet lag and the general confusion of travel, its obvious your body feels confused, vulnerable to a new place & culture, and generally disoriented.

After becoming acclimated to a new place, such episodes of sleep paralysis stop.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I used to work a swing shift job with really ass hours in between only a days rest before switching to either a day or night if not only a few hours. 6 days a week half the week was nights half was days.

Maintaining this was starting to effect my sleep, giving me sleep paralysis rather often but I've not seen shadow people more than maybe 3 times.

First time I saw a shadow figure pacing around my doorway

Second time I saw one closer and it was growling but what makes this interesting is that it was sort of like comical growling. It wasn't scary it sounded like a bad animal impression.

3rd time was more or less same as the first.

I practice lucid dreaming now so I've overcome the fear of sleep paralysis and invite it as it makes it easier to slip into a dream lucid.

I've also only felt pressure on me once during sleep paralysis, I was dog sitting and just assumed the puppy climbed onto my back then I woke up and realized he was far away from me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yellow_Iris

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 7299title explains everything so uh, ill share my story.
So my most intense "interaction" was not my first. I honestly didn't believe it at first. I was super stoned at the time, and waking up randomly in the middle of the night. (Like I mean I was still stoned after eating an entire loaf of bread. that spirited away food scene always has me running right to my fridge.) I noticed this green haze in the room, but it seemed to cling to my peripheral vision. I shared a room with my brother (I think someone else mentioned a similar situation as well) and he slept in the bed next to mine. I saw a shadowy figure with a top hat and a trench coat walk toward my brother. He proceeded to put a hand on my brother's back, and my brother flinched but didn't move. He asked me "what the fuck is touching my back!?"
I thought it was a dream. I had a weird feeling though, but I shook it off and told him that this was a weird dream and I was going back to bed. He kept on asking me what it was, but I passed out soon after.

My brother is also an atheist.

I woke up the next day and fold him about the crazy dream that I had, and he shook his head, claiming it was probably the dog or something.
When I realized that it had actually happened, I was pretty shocked. The fact that I wasn't alone in my experience really adds to it's authenticity. At least to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Not shadow people. But shadow dogs or hell hounds as I thought of them. It was probably just because I was super high and under a lot of stress and in a new environment. I got high after work with my friend in his apartment and kept fucking swearing I'd see huge black smoky dogs sitting in the corner facing me. That's it though.

Virtual Cafe Awards