she was one of us

I hate that I immediately knew who this was from the picture.

Controversial opinion: Don't cultivate an e harem of unstable beta orbiters for attention and beg for someone to kill you on your socials. Women really do be acting like there arnt insane people out there.
Yeah, I remember the 4chan threads when the incident was new, and those were my exact thoughts. It was a tragedy, but it was also a tragedy that could have been easily avoided if she didn't play with/provoke the proverbial fire

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I remember the 4chan threads when the incident was new, and those were my exact thoughts. It was a tragedy, but it was also a tragedy that could have been easily avoided if she didn't play with/provoke the proverbial fire
Whenever you point it out that women or people in general should be careful in any situation its considered "victim blaming" and we should just teach men to not be violent. None of this takes into account that both evil and mentally ill people exist and precautions should be taken to protect yourself from both. She shouldn't have had the internet access as a minor to create her 4chan/discord following and she shouldn't have poked a hornet's nest later on. But all the media focused on was that the guy who did it was deranged which is already a given instead of having this as a cautionary tale of how the internet isn't a padded play pen.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
so her dead is justifiable
literally said the opposite
what kind of values did your family taught you?
you tell me.
I mean i know americans don't have empathy at all, but c'mon dude,
I am not American
kids do dumbass things
Some do dumber things than others though and some are just worse than others too.

Still not saying she deserved to die, just that I find it silly to glorify her like OP did. The way she treated others was fucking reprehensible and she clearly took advantage of beta males who long for female attention. Why shouldn't I be able to call that out? Just because she died because some lunatic killed her and she happens to be pretty? Nah.
I don't see how there's supposed to be no gradient on how to think about someone who died and the circumstances around it. She sure was no Junko Furuta.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

I think you can say at the same time that:
1) She didn't deserve to be killed (almost nobody does)
and
2) She played stupid games
and both statements aren't contradictory nor disrespectful.

Personally I only mourn people close to me but RIP anyway.

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I think you can say at the same time that:
1) She didn't deserve to be killed (almost nobody does)
and
2) She played stupid games
and both statements aren't contradictory nor disrespectful.

Personally I only mourn people close to me but RIP anyway.
Yep this what I was trying to say.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I think everybody here has very reasonable opinions, just that we're not properly listening to each other.

She didn't deserve to die. Period.
She should've had the reason to not expose herself to danger. Period.

Its like if you buy weed online and get caught by the cops. Its unfair, but you got yourself into that situation by not thinking things through and exposing yourself to that risk.

Also, OP, its kinda weird to romanticize a dead person like that. Yeah she was cute and had the same taste as you, but I don't think its healthy to kinda worship her.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Seriously, no_chill, you probably have good intentions, but you're coming off as the kind of guy who will kill a girl and try to wear her skin. It is generally creepy to worship a dead-17-year-old girl and use her as your avatar. I don't mean to come off as standoffish here, just you know, you're not doing what you think you're doing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Seriously, no_chill, you probably have good intentions, but you're coming off as the kind of guy who will kill a girl and try to wear her skin. It is generally creepy to worship a dead-17-year-old girl and use her as your avatar. I don't mean to come off as standoffish here, just you know, you're not doing what you think you're doing.
Damn dude you don't mince words.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Damn dude you don't mince words.
I was actually trying to pull my punches a little. lol

When I in my mid to late teens, I had a lot of bad habits with women. Typical socially awkward teenager stuff like you meet one woman and put her on a pedestal and convince yourself she's the one even long after she turns you down. I would have benefitted enormously if someone just told me the truth and said, "I know you think this is romantic, but it's creepy." That's all I'm trying to do.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards

When I in my mid to late teens, I had a lot of bad habits with women. Typical socially awkward teenager stuff like you meet one woman and put her on a pedestal and convince yourself she's the one even long after she turns you down. I would have benefitted enormously if someone just told me the truth and said, "I know you think this is romantic, but it's creepy." That's all I'm trying to do.
I understand bro, I did get where you were coming from in the original sentence. However you did tell him "you're coming off as the kind of guy who will kill a girl and try to wear her skin" :LaughHard::LaughHard::LaughHard:

If that was pulling punches I'm dying to know what's full force.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

1654536251993.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
I understand bro, I did get where you were coming from in the original sentence. However you did tell him "you're coming off as the kind of guy who will kill a girl and try to wear her skin" :LaughHard::LaughHard::LaughHard:

If that was pulling punches I'm dying to know what's full force.
For real. Maybe he should have the name no chill instead.

Virtual Cafe Awards