Simulation, fake reality, what is all this about?

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think I can talk about it too much, as I cannot explain myself at the moment. But these days, it feels like this whole world, this universe, is just a system among many. I don't think it all truly is real. Is history real? Is our future real? Is all real? I am having a hard time going through it all. Sometimes it all feel meaningless, emotions that is. Why should I feel if nothing matters in the end? In 200 years, my name will be forgotten and everything I would do would be crumbled into dust. It all feels fake. Afterall, in my previous post I talked about how the FBI said that we are living inside a ''energy hologram''. Maybe in the end, they were right, and this truly all is a hologram, with only energy.
1604191031536.jpg

I'd like to hear your thoughts about it, just the thought of that we are living in a simulation. Why and why not? Tell me everything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThirdEye

Seeker of Truth?
Reaction score
Awards
I think that some people manage to make an immortal legacy for themselves, like certain musicians or artists whom's work outlives them.

Why? It's mainly luck of the draw. Their form of expression and message permeated their way into culture because those people were always ahead.

Just like Gladiators, Conquerors, Emperors, they managed so well because they were precisely and clever enough to be intune with their surroundings.

It sounds like you have a fundamental disconnection with the present, and if you don't, would rather live on past ideologies because the outcome is already known. Who knows if this is truly a simulation? It's all up to you.
retromogen342

Virtual Cafe Awards

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I doubt we live in a simulation, just based on a lack of evidence, though I've got no certainty about it. As far as meaning goes, I think that the desire to leave something behind or be remembered is mostly an egotistical tendency people have, or an extension of fear of death. People want to believe there is more to life than there is and it leads them to put things in a zoomed out perspective that sucks all the meaning out of the life they actually live. I think we should try to enjoy the time we have, make it as good as we can for ourselves and those around us, and that's meaning enough. "In the end" is specifically the only part that doesn't really matter.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

PepSiDawgwitcanThis might be kind of confusing but let's get weird.

Sometimes I get the feeling that everything is a simulation when I am experiencing a pretty notable disconnect with reality. I will struggle to know what things are real, then what I do think I know won't line up with how I am experiencing the world. I start to think that something is watching me, controlling my life. I start to think that this is a simulation someone created. Or, I start to think that maybe I am dead on an operating table and this is a hallucination that happens before death. This all feels so real, correct and true in the moment and even speaking about it there is the feeling that the reality is this must be a simulation.

I think there's no real knowing, but for me, feeling like we are living in a simulation it is a product of fear and confusion. I can't always help it, but I don't want my view of the world to hinge on stuff that makes me feel bad. The idea that things are a simulation makes me feel bad, and I can not prove it even when I feel so sure it is real, so it's a thought process I try not to commit to. It's a fine theory to discuss, or think about, but for me personally it's pretty bad to have as a permanent mindset about the world.

I think reality is subjective, especially since your brain can lie to you, and I think that's okay. Your perception of reality doesn't have to line up with your mindset permanently. Even if something feels real, and true, that doesn't always mean it has to be.

It's different for everyone, this is just my take.

Last edited by a moderator:

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
PepSiDawgwitcanThis might be kind of confusing but let's get weird.

Sometimes I get the feeling that everything is a simulation when I am experiencing a pretty notable disconnect with reality. I will struggle to know what things are real, then what I do think I know won't line up with how I am experiencing the world. I start to think that something is watching me, controlling my life. I start to think that this is a simulation someone created. Or, I start to think that maybe I am dead on an operating table and this is a hallucination that happens before death. This all feels so real, correct and true in the moment and even speaking about it there is the feeling that the reality is this must be a simulation.

I think there's no real knowing, but for me, feeling like we are living in a simulation it is a product of fear and confusion. I can't always help it, but I don't want my view of the world to hinge on stuff that makes me feel bad. The idea that things are a simulation makes me feel bad, and I can not prove it even when I feel so sure it is real, so it's a thought process I try not to commit to. It's a fine theory to discuss, or think about, but for me personally it's pretty bad to have as a permanent mindset about the world.

I think reality is subjective, especially since your brain can lie to you, and I think that's okay. Your perception of reality doesn't have to line up with your mindset permanently. Even if something feels real, and true, that doesn't always mean it has to be.

It's different for everyone, this is just my take.
yeah, i feel this

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: naa
I think what's closer to the truth is that reality is permeable. Like a double exposure in photography, but reality is millions, billions, uncountable many exposures of the same instance all in parallel. Normally we stay locked into one photo, but sometimes the line gets blurred. This is a skill you can master, to see as many realities as possible, overlay them, view them with different lenses (as in, heat signature, nightvision, UV, to use a crude metaphor), etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards

tracid04

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
In my view, nothing is real. History can be easily made up. Who's to say (for example) that the Egyptians even built the pyramids themselves? Yes, there are plenty of books, studies etc written about it, supposed evidence, but it could all just be made up. Yes, you'd probably think "whats the point?" but us plebians don't know the first thing about the elites and what they get up to. The pyramids could be of significant importance to the elites; like a place of worship. Who knows what they get up to; child sacrifice, communitcating with ET''s, or the gods. Who knows. There's an old saying: "Believe nothing your hear, and only half of what you see."

Virtual Cafe Awards

TamagoSuki

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Glad someone else mentioned Gnosticism in this thread before me. It will sound dumb but it has seriously pushed me out of the depression I used to suffer from the same thoughts as OP. I don't know that I believe in religion too much, but reading some Gnostic texts was really eye-opening in a lot of ways and really helped me form a baseline for what I personally believe.

I like to view humanity as a God's thought experiment. God can perceive of the thoughts of wisdom and love. God can perceive of higher-dimensional gods that exist beyond time or space since that would act on the same rules God is accustomed to. But can God perceive themselves as "less-than"? Could a godlike being "imagine" not being godlike, unless they made themselves non-godlike? To be able to observe the results of a timelike system, the system would still technically need to "happen". Maybe that's why we're here? It's a fun thought experiment. Currently it's my newest, dumbest theory on why we are here.

Virtual Cafe Awards

genujuan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
But can God perceive themselves as "less-than"? Could a godlike being "imagine" not being godlike, unless they made themselves non-godlike?
Wasn't that literally the point of Jesus? Anyways, simulation theory is interesting but if a simulation can't be differentiated from reality then who cares.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Angels told me on an acid trip that there are secrets that some humans will never know, and those of us that will know will be told at some undisclosed time. They said there are some things even they don't know

I guess maybe the rapture or apocalypse

Since we have satanists and vampires in high government seats these days, we may find out sooner than we thought

Angels told me on an acid trip that there are secrets that some humans will never know, and those of us that will know will be told at some undisclosed time. They said there are some things even they don't know

I guess maybe the rapture or apocalypse

Since we have satanists and vampires in high government seats these days, we may find out sooner than we thought
yo, vampires? you aint trippin on acid anymore, the acid ran straight the fuck over you.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TamagoSuki

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The first thread that introduced me to this site was the Dead Internet Theory. If you search it up, it'll show what the 4chan thread had written about the theory.
I love that theory and it first introduced me to this site as well but isn't that more of a critique of the current internet landscape and the rampant "undercover" corporatism that's going on? AIs experimenting with message boards, corporations buying accounts, etc? I feel like that's a different "level" than the idea of a universe that is a simulation

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shinpoochy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
"As for the question of the "origin" of illusion [maya, material reality]
it is among those questions that can be resolved . . . though this resolution cannot be
adjusted to suit all logical needs. . . . The infinitude of Reality implies
the possibility of its own negation and . . . since this negation is not
possible within the Absolute itself, it is necessary that this "possibility
of the impossible" should be realized in an "inward dimension" that is
"neither real nor unreal", a dimension that is real on its own level while
being unreal in respect of the Essence; thus we are everywhere in touch
with the Absolute, from which we cannot emerge but which at the
same time is infinitely distant, no thought ever circumscribing it."

- Frithjof Schuon

"I beheld these others beneath Thee, and saw that they neither altogether
are, nor altogether are not. An existence they have because they
are from Thee; and yet no existence, because they are not what Thou
art. For only that really is that remains unchangeably."

- St. Augustine

We live in the negation of God, being a necessity as the possibility of the impossible.. if we accept that the Absolute manifests infinite possibilities. This is my view anyway, what we have is neither totally unreal or totally real.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

yo, vampires? you aint trippin on acid anymore, the acid ran straight the fuck over you.

i mean, leftists have to be doing SOMETHING with all those kids they're putting in concentration camps, you know?

remember, there is no such thing as fiction

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
is the town the forest? is the forest the town? when we were industrial, we talked about releasing pressure, now that we have silicon we talk about simulation. this act of hubris is only facilitated by the disconnect man has from pre-industrial elements (community, extended family, fullfilment) and thus this modern myth was born, but do not believe, this is all nihilist, dust to dust. much love

Virtual Cafe Awards

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Terracotta limes slipping into a hazy sea of icchi skakti

Virtual Cafe Awards

doesthislookunsure

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Never bought into simulation. Never seen any discrepancies to insinuate it. Is the reality outside the simulation also a simulation or the true(r) reality? Dross. If such a window is open, I'm more inclined to believe in God, as I've seen more proof of him.

Regarding the question of how "real" history is, however, is more profound.

jung.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards