Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 16

Drawing.jpeg

Went quite hard on the 'lynders today.

Writing.PNG

I think a couple of pages more and the script will be done. I'm fucking excited bros, if i'm not deluding myself I think I'll be able to be consistent with my channel from now on. Cool shit's coming down the line, I can feel it!

Attachments

• Drawing.jpeg
    Drawing.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 58
Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Thats so cool! YouTube is an extremely difficult place to succeed. I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm not really getting anywhere though. It just takes time. Its an endurance game. Just keep going.
Thanks, and best of luck with your channel. I hope you find what you're seeking!

Tbh I just want to make something really cool and make people laugh and go wow. And then make something even cooler than that, ad infinitum. So in my own eyes, I'm already succeeding, despite being a tiny channel and all that.

I started this challenge because I was on a rut, I felt creatively sterile and that made me kinda neurotic. One day I looked back and realized that everything I had ever produced came about because I compromised my vision and just made do with whatever hand I was dealt. I was always so enamored with my "ideal videos" that I never got to work, probably because in paper nothing came close to what I imagined in my head. Of course it didn't, because I'm simply not skilled enough. And to become skilled enough I need to produce a lot of shit, so here I am.

Now that its been half a month of just throwing myself at a wall without expectations, I'm starting believe that if worked at with enough patience, anything can gain that spark of creativity, personality, and cool. Like, yeah, its not the thing I dreamt up in my head and fell in love with, but it is cool nonetheless. Its cool because when I put my head into it, sometimes I get these sparks of brilliance that let me compensate my limitations. And its cool because I'm bearing fruit, ugly as it sometimes may be.

Sorry for the schizo rant, lmao.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
May you be filled with as much dedication to draw and make videogames as a 14 year-olds drive to masturbate

Virtual Cafe Awards

Young Retro

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Don't worry, bro. You finna crush it. YOU GOT THIS SHIT!

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 18

Drawing.jpeg

Now this might look like a bunch of garbage, and in many ways, it really is. But despite the mess i've learned a lot of things about technical drawing in here, mainly about subdividing a plane put into perspective onto halves, thirds, fifths or whatever. This will come very handy when constructing man made objects, so today's experiment is a great success.

In regards to writing I got busy bc of family, so I'll come back to it tomorrow with fresh eyes. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the rough draft and finally get to do what I do best, which is being silly on HD video.

Whoever is reading, have an awesome weekend <3

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 19

I got really into writing today. I finally finished the script. 2h 40 mins straight, I was on fire.

Writing.PNG

Couldn't really draw because of social compromises, but that's okay. Tomorrow I start polishing the script to make sure the pacing of the video is generally good, balancing lore and gameplay explanations with comedy. Let's see how it goes.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 20

Drawing

I'm getting a bit more comfortable with tecnical drawing, though not quite good yet. Today I made a barrel.

Sketch.jpeg
Barrel.jpeg

First I made this super complicaded guidelines for the damned thing. And then I fucked it up by being lazy with my ovals. Oh well. It was an hour and a half of a lot of learning.

Video editing
As for video editing I've revised about half of the script. I think its gonna need a few passes to make it really good, but the hard part of writing is done already.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 21

Drawing

GamerMouse.jpeg

Made a gamer mouse, took me 1 and a half hours. I think I'm getting the hang of technical drawing.

Video Editing

More script editing. I WANT TO GET TO THE FOOTAGE NOOOOOOOW. But the process doesn't work that way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 22

Drawing

Headphones.jpeg

Got some shaky ass lines on the right side, but generally its a good drawing. Could've used some shading to make it better.

Video editing
Almost done with the revision. Injected some much needed humour to the first half of the gameplay segment.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 23

Drawing

I attempted to draw a Les Paul Jr. It went horrible, terrible, bad. I fucked up. While it took me up an enitre hour to make the main body, I gave up on finishing it.

Since i got the proportions wrong I disobeyed my guideline, since I disobeyed my guideline I got the left curves wrong. Its just wonky all over, even though I approached it with the correct frame of mind.

gitar.jpeg

:AquaCry: :AquaCry: :AquaCry:

Video Editing
REVISION DONE! TOMORROW WE START EDITING FOR REAL NOW! YES! YES! YES!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3578

Day 23

Drawing

I attempted to draw a Les Paul Jr.
Your first mistake was choosing a Gibson over a fender but that's ok. I guess.

I am forever in love with the bigger pickgaurds and body shape of fenders and knock off fenders.

Otherwise, I like the drawing! It has abstraction that would lend itself iro retrofuturist vibes.

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, some of you might've noticed that I ignored the thread for two days. Real life got me busy for a bit, but I'm more than willing cough up the dough since I breached the rules. I am a man of my word.

@IlluminatiPirate

Regardless of what happens I'll continue the challenge to the best of my ability since I've improved so much.

Virtual Cafe Awards