SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 36

Drawing

96d82808-66f0-4f10-89c8-367ecd757bdb.jpg

More booty. (And some muscle studies). There are few mistakes as always, but that's the point of practice right?

Video
Progress is being made. Work was a bit slow today because aftereffects kept crashing.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Day 36

Drawing

View attachment 26378

More booty. (And some muscle studies). There are few mistakes as always, but that's the point of practice right?

Video
Progress is being made. Work was a bit slow today because aftereffects kept crashing.
Good job soma; I'm proud of you.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 37

b196bc84-e730-4cf0-ab38-de88111746ad.jpg

Excuse the shitty lightning.

No progress on video today because school is squeezing my nuts. No hands because I haven't studied that shit yet.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
This is motivating me! Can I post here if I've got the same goal in mind, or would you rather I make my own thread?
As you prefer, whatever motivates you the most.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 39

Can't get behind now that doing a version of my challenge is getting kinda popular. (Be careful with your money lads)

Video

The video is coming together slowly but surely. Assesing the overall health of the video as it stands, there's some really cool and funny stuff, and there's some awkward transitions. I won't be wasting time redoing so I'll have to with good enough. Here's today's sneak peak:

https://files.catbox.moe/4g66jr.mp4

Drawing

Today I did some 'quick sketch' which wasn't quick at all as you can see. I barely finished any of the drawings. I'm still working on getting my hand to work quick and loose and to be able analize a posture at a glance.

ob3fu7.jpeg

I fucking love drawing and making videos so much, I wanna do this all day every day goddamnit

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 40

Video

Recorded some audio which I will re-record tomorrow cuz my mouth is stiff and I slurred some important sentences. Also added a bunch of sound effects and little details in post to make some jokes and visuals punchier.

Drawing
Nothing much special today. Did half an hour of quicksketch, which was now quick but ugly as all fuck. Also continued following proko's figure drawing fundamentals course.

RoboBean.jpg

Some of these torso simplifications are awkward, I know.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

夢遊病者

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Just checked out your content and it's amazing. I always wanted to tell you that seeing your avatar fills me with joy, it's the best one on this entire site.

Also read the Fate/Stay Night VN (wait for the new translation to finish first though) and make a video where you shit on it thank you

1650358132834.jpg

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Just checked out your content and it's amazing. I always wanted to tell you that seeing your avatar fills me with joy, it's the best one on this entire site.

Also read the Fate/Stay Night VN (wait for the new translation to finish first though) and make a video where you shit on it thank you

View attachment 29422
Aw, dude thanks so much! I will add Fate/Stay Night onto my 'will review' list.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Ok guys, I have an announcement.

So, basically, I'm done with college. Yay. Given my newfound freedom these past two days, I've done plenty of work and plenty of thinking. I began by listing out every single goal I have currently going on and considering them. It turned out like this:

-Learn Japanese (Currently around N3 level)
-Learn to draw (Beginner level, the magnitude of this craft is not to be underestimated)
-Grow youtube channel (I've got good skill, but my volume of videos is too low to be able to grow properly)
-Earn a living as a freelance developer. (Have had a few projects here and there, but am still too green to earn a decent income. I also have quite a few gaps in my knowledge because I sucked at college)
-Spend enough time with my GF. (Its all going lovely wubly <3)
-Keep getting swole in the gym. (You mirin'?)

So I made some time calculations and it turned out... I don't have enough time to get good enough at the things I want to do.
At least not in a reasonable timeframe.

Case in point: My japanese learning experience. For the past three years I've been studying japanese for nearly one hour every day. This has gotten me to the BEGINNING of intermediate level. I can read and listen to plenty of stuff, but to say that I have a fair grasp of the language is a stretch.

I don't want to enter my late 20's and be mediocre at many things. That gets you nowhere. I want to be excellent.

So from now on my main focus will be on two things: One, become a great developer. This will allow me to eat, and hopefully in the future have the skills to make a service or product that allows me to free even more of my time. And two, grow my youtube channel. This will be my creative output and the pie in the sky dream I'll chase.

My new schedule looks like this, of course with plenty of flexibility:
-2h gym.
-2h GF (she's needy).
-5 hours dev work.
-5 hours youtube work.
-8h sleep.
-2h for cooking, commuting, pooping, etc.

That's how it'll look from monday to saturday. Sunday is for rest and family.

I've got the feeling that I drank too much of the "You can do anything!" kool-aid and didn't realize for a long time that human beings are limited by time and energy. So for now on I'll kill some of my dreams and narrow my focus onto the things that I know can make a big difference in my life.

Witness me frens. The challenge hasn't ended, it has only changed.

willink.png
willink2.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

So, basically, I'm done with college. Yay. Given my newfound freedom these past two days, I've done plenty of work and plenty of thinking. I began by listing out every single goal I have currently going on and considering them. It turned out like this:

-Learn to draw (Beginner level, the magnitude of this craft is not to be underestimated)
-Grow youtube channel (I've got good skill, but my volume of videos is too low to be able to grow properly)
-Earn a living as a freelance developer. (Have had a few projects here and there, but am still too green to earn a decent income. I also have quite a few gaps in my knowledge because I sucked at college)

So I made some time calculations and it turned out... I don't have enough time to get good enough at the things I want to do.

Case in point: My japanese learning experience. For the past three years I've been studying japanese for nearly one hour every day. This has gotten me to the BEGINNING of intermediate level. I can read and listen to plenty of stuff, but to say that I have a fair grasp of the language is a stretch.

I don't want to enter my late 20's and be mediocre at many things. That gets you nowhere. I want to be excellent.

So from now on my main focus will be on two things: One, become a great developer. This will allow me to eat, and hopefully in the future have the skills to make a service or product that allows me to free even more of my time. And two, grow my youtube channel. This will be my creative output and the pie in the sky dream I'll chase.

-2h gym.
-2h GF (she's needy).
-5 hours dev work.
-5 hours youtube work.
-8h sleep.

I've got the feeling that I drank too much of the "You can do anything!" kool-aid and didn't realize for a long time that human beings are limited by time and energy. So for now on I'll kill some of my dreams and narrow my focus onto the things that I know can make a big difference in my life.

View attachment 29663 View attachment 29664
I hope this new lease on life and schedule works out for you dude. Good luck.
2 hours of sex every day? Radical.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I hope this new lease on life and schedule works out for you dude. Good luck.
Fingers crossed bro, hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more quality videos and hearing more of my funny voice.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com

My new schedule looks like this:
-2h gym.
-2h GF (she's needy).
-5 hours dev work.
-5 hours youtube work.
-8h sleep.

日本語能力試験N3だ?すげ~、アゴラーの親友。 PepSiDawgwitcan いつ練習しましょうか。

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
日本語能力試験N3だ?すげ~、アゴラーの親友。 PepSiDawgwitcan いつ練習しましょうか。
ありがとうJessica兄貴。L@inishereと一緒にVNsを読むにとって楽しい練習だろうと思う

Virtual Cafe Awards

HellManMayo

Please be patient, I have autism.
Reaction score
Awards

-2h gym.
-2h GF (she's needy).
-5 hours dev work.
-5 hours youtube work.
-8h sleep.

Congrats, Soma! I'm in a similar boat, so let me share some pearls of wisdom you might find helpful.

1.Do your work early! Waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning means no one to bother you while you grind.
2. Save the easier tasks for later. You'll have less energy to get things done if you wait till the last minute.
3. Switch tasks once each hour! You let your brain process what you just learned while you're working on a new task.
4. I'd put another 2 hours into the misc. category. The 15 minute breaks, chores, family+friends, etc. in life add up.
5. Time yourself. You can actually see how many hours you invest with a stopwatch app on your phone.
6. Meal prep. If you cook all your big meals on a saturday night, you'll have a lot more freetime to do what you gotta do.

Glad you choose what's important to you, but it's a shame that you won't be drawing as often. Good luck!