Soma's Challenge

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 5

So, on the 5th day of the challenge I call into action the rule concerning interruption by outside forces. My dad got covid and I had to deal with some stuff with my GF, so my time was more limited today. I did get to complete the drawing side of things, which is good. Tomorrow I'll try to double up on video making, as to compensate, but we'll see how it goes.

OhNo.PNG

Drawing

Made a bearded dragon for today. Didn't get to finish all the texturing, but that's fine. I feel like I'm progressing quite solidly.

Bearded.jpeg

Progress
385 subscribers
Drawabox Lesson 4 80% done
5h 41mins spent drawing
4h 23mins spent making videos

DOUBLING UP TOMORROW ON VIDEOMAKING

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 6

Redempton.PNG

I don't like having debts. Here's yestarday's repaid in full. :CoolKong:

Drawing

So, we're in the weird part of the lesson. I'm now required to draw some animal hybrids. Its supposed to make you think closely about anatomy or something. Today I drew an antelope/tiger hybrid.
Drawing.jpeg

This is some Napoleon Dynamite Shit...

Video Editing

Lots of progress done today, since I doubled up and everything. It seems this video is gonna be a long one, there's a lot of comedy bits I want to do and lore I want to talk about. Viewing my gameplay footage I'm starting to suspect I have brain damage. There's some serious room temperature IQ gaming in there, and all of it is gonna go into the video.

Progress
385 Subscribers
Drawabox Lesson 5 (I got the number wrong before) 90% done
6h 41mins spent drawing
6h 25mins spent making videos

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 7

Today.PNG

Drawing

Finally finished lesson 5, which is drawing animals. There's still a lot more I could improve in my understanding of anatomy, but the course is really focused on learning the fundamentals of perspective and proportions through exploring various subjects, so I guess its time to move on. Up next I'll be drawing everyday objects using technical drawing.

In preparation for lesson 6 I've also gotta complete a challenge that is drawing 150 cyclinders freehand and 100 using technical drawing, so I did that today.

Drawing.jpeg

Video Editing

Today was a slower day, I am saw some footage, bounced some ideas and cleaned up some text. It's gonna be a loooooong video to make.
Writing.PNG

Progress
Drawabox Cylinder Challenge 50%ish done
385 Subscribers
7h 42mins spent drawing
7h 25mins spent video editing

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 8

Today.PNG

Bad day, but put in my hours.

Drawing

More cylinders, and viewed a 1/2 hour tutorial on the next lesson.

Drawing.jpg

Video Editing

I've been usually counting the time I am focuesed and working, not just time spent "getting to work". Today today that wasn't exactly the case, my mind was really scattered. Woke up too late, didn't give myself the time to write properly, got too hung up on social compromises, finished homework too late, etc. No good writing was produced today. To achieve my ambitions there'll be sacrifice, I'm seeing with clear eyes now that there's no two ways about it. I'll have to be a bit of hardass on myself if I want to make good work, but that's okay. Its just what reality is and I am willing to change and kill a part of myself to do so. I'll try again tomorrow.

Progress
Drawabox Cylinder Challenge 60%ish done
385 Subscribers

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 8

Today.PNG

Good progress today. Took a little willpower, but I got it done.

Drawing

Watched more tutorials, made more cylinders. Now they're inside of a box. Shit's surprisingly complicated since you gotta check out the vanishing points and the minor axis of the ellipses.

Drawing.jpg

Video Editing

Good progress. Watched footage, instilled some humour into the script, progressed with the gameplay segment.

Writing.PNG

Progress
Drawabox Cylinder Challenge 60%ish done
385 Subscribers

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 9
Making it quick cuz i'm shitting my pants

Did my drawing hour today, checking cylinders and being methodical is fucking slow.
Cylinders.jpeg

Got busy cuz college and gf and tummy hurts so doubling up on writing tomorrow.

DOUBLING UP ON WRITING TOMORROW

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 10

Today.PNG

Didn't double up today, but I shall double up tomorrow.

Drawing

Drawing.jpeg

The cylinders don't stop. The crucible continues until I develop an instinct for proportion and perspective. So be it.

Video Editing

Wrote a bit, then took a big picture approach as to better craft some scenes. A lot of staring at my window, but I feel motivated and have some cool ideas for visuals in my head. Have a silly sneek peak.

SneakPeek.png

Progress
385 subscribers
Drawabox Cylinders challenge 60ish% done
11h 48mins spent drawing
10h 28mins spent making videos

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Really sleepy so it'll be a quick recap of today
Today.PNG

Cylinders
Cylinders.jpeg

Writing.PNG

Script too long and complex. Once I finish it I'll run over it again and again until its a smooth experience with all the fat trimmed. Still, its gonna be a long video, 30mins I'd guess.
Night everyone.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 12

Today.PNG

Drawing

Drawing.jpeg

:schitztroll: I LOVE CYLINDERS I LOVE CYLINDERS:schitztroll:

Video Editing

Inserted some comedy into the thing, rewrote the script for level 2. Things shaping up, but its still dirty as fuck. I also don't wanna make a huge video detaling everything about the game, its just not my style. Its a complex one gameplay and lorewise tho.

writing.PNG

Progress
385 subscribers
:schitztroll: CYLINDERS 40% DONE
13h 51mins spent drawing
12h 30mins spent making videos

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 13

Today.PNG

Drawing

Drawing.jpeg

As per @Sweet n' Comfy's request, here on the left there's some cylinders done on a two point perspective. They're all done freehand btw, so excuse some mistakes. I'm sure that the course right mostly wants me to make some muscle memory, but this is some real good practice so I'm not bothered by it. I think I'll continue doing the rest like this.

Video Editing

More words. Feeling quite good right now about the whole project, I'm sure when its trimmed down I'll have a complete and hilarious review.

Writing.PNG

Progress
385 subscribers
:schitztroll:CYLINDERS 48% DONE
14h 52mins spent drawing
13h 32mins spent making videos

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Day 14

Today we're doing things early boyz

Today.PNG

Drawing

Drawing.jpg

More 'lynders

Video Editing

GOOD. SOLID. PROGRESS.
The video is gonna be a good one, I swear I'll make it so.

Writing.PNG

Progress
384 subscribers
:schitztroll:CYLINDERS 62% DONE
15h 55mins spent drawing
14h 34mins spent making videos

Virtual Cafe Awards

MrFiredragon613

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Thats so cool! YouTube is an extremely difficult place to succeed. I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm not really getting anywhere though. It just takes time. Its an endurance game. Just keep going.

Virtual Cafe Awards