Spooky stories thread

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
Okay, okay, I got one, it's kinda long and mildly anticlimactic, though.

So a bit of background, my family owns a fair bit of forested mountainside out in Appalachia, and a friend of mine and I thoroughly enjoyed hiking/exploring this mountainside, summiting the ridge, camping, and so on. It's notable that around a hundred years ago this mountain was logged, thus leaving behind some overgrown-but-still-helpful logging roads. Slightly less notable, but this land was also allegedly a spring hunting ground for a group of Cherokee natives way back in the day. I have no real confirmation on that, but as kids, me and friends would certainly find arrowheads semi-frequently, so I figure there's some merit to the claim. Anyways, on to the story.

So at this point, my friend and I knew the mountain pretty well, had no fears of getting lost, and so-on. We had a few spots we'd hang out in, but our favorite was right below the ridge, where you were faced by a massive wall of rock, and a convenient-looking inclined boulder to get up the ridge if you'd pleased.

It was this spot that we had in mind for camping one fine late-summer night, and we set out on the short hour-long hike around golden hour, when the sun shone down through the thick canopy in a way that made the phrase "enchanted forest" truly come to life, with hues of emerald green reflecting the pillars of yellow sunbeam, but I digress.

My friend largely took on the role of pack-mule given his larger stature, and I carried mostly my own affects, some basic camping things, some books, our illicits, and a gun, which I always brought with me in case of some sort of aggressive wildlife.

As we made our way up the grassy slopes, the sun seemed to set quicker than we'd expected, and more alarmingly, the vibe had turned on a dime from "enchanted forest" to "haunted forest." Suddenly, the vines that had seemed indicative of the verdant ecosystem now seemed to strangle the life from the scene, and the overgrowth felt more like it was harboring something ready to pounce, rather than new places for us to pounce upon. Paranoia quickly dominated the communications between us, and both at the time being /x/fags, we made sure to keep close and keep our eyes and psyches peeled for weird shit.

As we approached the top, the sky seemed to set into a constant dusk after the rapid change prior, and our sense of paranoia had only grown. At multiple points, we both expressed certain inclinations to take odd paths, had rocks slip out from under our feet, trees shift on us, and so on, and we'd begun making uneasy jokes that the forest itself was trying to kill us. At some point along the way, we'd fallen into an almost military-like regiment of sweeping around ourselves, moving methodically, I had my gun at the ready, a "duo-hysteria," of sorts.

Moving at this snails pace, we eventually found ourselves at the bottom of the final hill up to our spot. At this point, darkness had truly begun to set in, the moon began to glow a pale yellow and Venus was low in the sky. We stopped and had a conversation, smoked a bowl, and over the course of some deliberation, we decided that we had to finish the trip, and that we would either be destroyed or created anew when we reached the top or some shit, but also that we were a bit too on-edge. Having made peace with what we felt was our situation, we made the final ascent.

I've been referring to our collective feelings to this point, I'd like to switch to my individual perspective, here. As soon as we step foot into the clearing, it felt like every single tree and stump and every single blade of grass, even the very ground itself below me, were screaming at me to leave this place, reverberating up through my legs to my head and everywhere in the air around me. I heard some small animal dart off into some brush close to the ridge, and it made my neck hairs stand on end, and I clutched my rifle a little tighter. For some reason, I felt the need to go investigate this, and I told my friend to keep his eye on me.

I walked up to the bush, and after some prodding, I was pretty satisfied that it was empty and not some horror-spirit trying to kill me, so I turned around to go back to where we were setting up. It was at that point I noticed my friend was still looking behind me at the ridge, silently. I was unnerved by this, and I turned around slowly with my barrel in sync. At first I was confused, and then I saw it. A massive, animalistic silhouette with what must've been dozen-point antlers matted against the deep blue of the dusk sky, looking down from atop the ridge. I opened my mouth to speak, and as soon as it came into focus, it flashed back down into the ridge. By the time I turned around to say anything to my friend, he was already packing up what he'd taken out. We hauled ass back down the mountain, to the ever-delightfully-comforting music of coyote packs echoing through the valley, and needless to say, ended up opting for a night in rather than camping.

Now, was this actually scary in hindsight? No, not really, we more than likely saw a large buck, rationally speaking, and everything else was hyped up by our happenstance on-edge vibes. And that's really where the true horror of this story lies, in the fact that the human psyche is so easily manipulated by itself, especially when there's an outside corroborator to the whole ordeal. But, I do believe that there's merit in gut feelings despite my general disbelief of the paranormal or supernatural or whathaveyou. And my gut feeling is that we didn't just see a huge buck, and that we really did save ourselves rather than deprive ourselves of a nice night camping over superstition. I could be wrong, but hey, nobody else is even trying, so there's my sp00py story.

Edit because I thought of a sp00py tagline to go with this story:

"There's something in the mountains of Appalachia. It looks like a deer, but it doesn't feel like one..."

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I love this kinda thread when it's just some cool folks sharing their personal experiences, ya know, rather than some >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk shit where bored losers who fancy themselves writers make up lame, trope heavy, fake ass stories to farm karma from idiots.

Sadly I don't really have any proper spooky experiences of my own to share.
All I've got is a short UFO sighting that wasn't terribly spooky.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mamisu

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I love this kinda thread when it's just some cool folks sharing their personal experiences, ya know, rather than some >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk shit where bored losers who fancy themselves writers make up lame, trope heavy, fake ass stories to farm karma from idiots.

Sadly I don't really have any proper spooky experiences of my own to share.
All I've got is a short UFO sighting that wasn't terribly spooky.
You should tell us about the UFO sighting sounds cool

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

MAIN EVENT ETIER IS NOW IN YOUR FORUM!!!!!
Reaction score
Awards
Okay, okay, I got one, it's kinda long and mildly anticlimactic, though.

So a bit of background, my family owns a fair bit of forested mountainside out in Appalachia, and a friend of mine and I thoroughly enjoyed hiking/exploring this mountainside, summiting the ridge, camping, and so on. It's notable that around a hundred years ago this mountain was logged, thus leaving behind some overgrown-but-still-helpful logging roads. Slightly less notable, but this land was also allegedly a spring hunting ground for a group of Cherokee natives way back in the day. I have no real confirmation on that, but as kids, me and friends would certainly find arrowheads semi-frequently, so I figure there's some merit to the claim. Anyways, on to the story.

So at this point, my friend and I knew the mountain pretty well, had no fears of getting lost, and so-on. We had a few spots we'd hang out in, but our favorite was right below the ridge, where you were faced by a massive wall of rock, and a convenient-looking inclined boulder to get up the ridge if you'd pleased.

It was this spot that we had in mind for camping one fine late-summer night, and we set out on the short hour-long hike around golden hour, when the sun shone down through the thick canopy in a way that made the phrase "enchanted forest" truly come to life, with hues of emerald green reflecting the pillars of yellow sunbeam, but I digress.

My friend largely took on the role of pack-mule given his larger stature, and I carried mostly my own affects, some basic camping things, some books, our illicits, and a gun, which I always brought with me in case of some sort of aggressive wildlife.

As we made our way up the grassy slopes, the sun seemed to set quicker than we'd expected, and more alarmingly, the vibe had turned on a dime from "enchanted forest" to "haunted forest." Suddenly, the vines that had seemed indicative of the verdant ecosystem now seemed to strangle the life from the scene, and the overgrowth felt more like it was harboring something ready to pounce, rather than new places for us to pounce upon. Paranoia quickly dominated the communications between us, and both at the time being /x/fags, we made sure to keep close and keep our eyes and psyches peeled for weird shit.

As we approached the top, the sky seemed to set into a constant dusk after the rapid change prior, and our sense of paranoia had only grown. At multiple points, we both expressed certain inclinations to take odd paths, had rocks slip out from under our feet, trees shift on us, and so on, and we'd begun making uneasy jokes that the forest itself was trying to kill us. At some point along the way, we'd fallen into an almost military-like regiment of sweeping around ourselves, moving methodically, I had my gun at the ready, a "duo-hysteria," of sorts.

Moving at this snails pace, we eventually found ourselves at the bottom of the final hill up to our spot. At this point, darkness had truly begun to set in, the moon began to glow a pale yellow and Venus was low in the sky. We stopped and had a conversation, smoked a bowl, and over the course of some deliberation, we decided that we had to finish the trip, and that we would either be destroyed or created anew when we reached the top or some shit, but also that we were a bit too on-edge. Having made peace with what we felt was our situation, we made the final ascent.

I've been referring to our collective feelings to this point, I'd like to switch to my individual perspective, here. As soon as we step foot into the clearing, it felt like every single tree and stump and every single blade of grass, even the very ground itself below me, were screaming at me to leave this place, reverberating up through my legs to my head and everywhere in the air around me. I heard some small animal dart off into some brush close to the ridge, and it made my neck hairs stand on end, and I clutched my rifle a little tighter. For some reason, I felt the need to go investigate this, and I told my friend to keep his eye on me.

I walked up to the bush, and after some prodding, I was pretty satisfied that it was empty and not some horror-spirit trying to kill me, so I turned around to go back to where we were setting up. It was at that point I noticed my friend was still looking behind me at the ridge, silently. I was unnerved by this, and I turned around slowly with my barrel in sync. At first I was confused, and then I saw it. A massive, animalistic silhouette with what must've been dozen-point antlers matted against the deep blue of the dusk sky, looking down from atop the ridge. I opened my mouth to speak, and as soon as it came into focus, it flashed back down into the ridge. By the time I turned around to say anything to my friend, he was already packing up what he'd taken out. We hauled ass back down the mountain, to the ever-delightfully-comforting music of coyote packs echoing through the valley, and needless to say, ended up opting for a night in rather than camping.

Now, was this actually scary in hindsight? No, not really, we more than likely saw a large buck, rationally speaking, and everything else was hyped up by our happenstance on-edge vibes. And that's really where the true horror of this story lies, in the fact that the human psyche is so easily manipulated by itself, especially when there's an outside corroborator to the whole ordeal. But, I do believe that there's merit in gut feelings despite my general disbelief of the paranormal or supernatural or whathaveyou. And my gut feeling is that we didn't just see a huge buck, and that we really did save ourselves rather than deprive ourselves of a nice night camping over superstition. I could be wrong, but hey, nobody else is even trying, so there's my sp00py story.

Edit because I thought of a sp00py tagline to go with this story:

"There's something in the mountains of Appalachia. It looks like a deer, but it doesn't feel like one..."
Appalachia should have been your first warning

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Appalachia is underrated.
Something magical about those old mountains and thick forests.
And I'd take the people that live there over the snobbish, conformist, coastal assholes any day.

I grew up in a small city on the edge of Appalachia.
And as a kid, as much as I enjoyed summer days of spending 12 hours exploring the woods without adult supervision, I always longed for big cities, big buildings, etc.

Well 20 years later I know better. City people are the lowest form of insectoid scum.
I want to live in a cabin in the hills of West Virginia, getting drunk with moonshiners and shooting cans off a log.
Signs posted around my property will read "No Trespassing, city folk and tax men shot on sight."

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
You should tell us about the UFO sighting sounds cool

It's not that interesting. More just a "what the fuck was that?" mystery I'll never forget.
It was the early 90's, and I was somewhere between ten and twelve years old.
Playing around around in the gravel driveway/parking-lot of an dog trainers where my grandmother was taking her dog.
It was a semi-rural area, the kinda place where modest homes and small businesses sit on multi-acre lots, at least a quarter mile apart. Nobody else in sight to corroborate my story.

Anyways, I was standing in the middle of the long gravel driveway, picking up pieces of gravel and tossing them at other pieces of gravel, when I heard a humming sound behind me. My thought was, "oh a car is coming I better get out of the driveway". And as I step to the side and turn around to look at the car I see there's no car there.

But before I could even begin to process that thought I see the source of the humming sound. A brilliant, shining golden disk almost as bright as the sun. It streaks across the sky above me, the humming sound doing that doppler effect thing as it passes. I spun around to watch it go and saw it curve to the right and vanish behind a line of trees.

The whole event lasted just a few seconds and to this day I have no clue what it could possibly have been.
One thing that bugs me is I have no idea how big it was or how far away it was. The disk was nearly as bright as looking directly at the sun, moving fast in front of a clear blue sky, so I just couldn't get a handle on the depth/scale. The first thought to dismiss it is, "well it was just the sun", because that's what it kinda looked like. But the sun doesn't zip across the sky in seconds making a humming sound.

If this happened today I would probably dismiss it as a quadcopter with really bright light on it, but this was a LONG time before those existed.
I suppose it's possible it could have been an RC plane with a light on it. But then we didn't have battery operated lights anywhere remotely as bright back then, certainly nothing that could fit on an RC plane. (Seriously, grab the nicest 90's flashlight you can possibly find - probably a big ol' Maglite that takes 4 to 6 D batteries - and compare it to a modern $10 LED flashlight. It's crazy. How did we even see back then?)

TLDR:
Shiny golden disk, nearly as bright as the sun, zips across the sky while making a humming noise.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I've only ever once seen something paranormal.
I was 17, camping with my family in a state park where we had rented a little stone cabin for the weekend. The last night we were there, I woke up at 2:30AM. I recall the time, because the first thing I did upon waking was look at the digital clock to my right. This is also how I know it was not a dream.
Anyway, I found myself suddenly awake and I began looking around the room. That's when I noticed a tall silhouette standing at the foot of my bed. It had to have been at least seven feet tall, and even though I couldn't make out any features, I could feel that it was staring at me. The really strange thing is that I didn't feel any terror. It was like, "well, this is happening. This thing is just watching me." It's presence seemed more curious than malevolent, if that makes sense. It was only there for about ten seconds, then it vanished in front of my eyes. I lay awake for several minutes before falling back asleep.
The next day, I started looking for similar stories online and that's when I found out about "shadow people." Most people report their experiences with these beings as being very unpleasant, which is confusing to me. Did I happen to run into a "friendly," or was it able to manipulate my emotions and keep me in a subdued state?

My next adventure in the "twilight zone" happened a couple years later, when I was living in a guesthouse on my family's estate in Arizona. There were rumors that the property used to be owned by the cartel, which would explain the bad vibes we all experienced there. Specifically, I had doors slammed in my face, light switches physically turned off/on when I was out of the room, cold spots, and footsteps in the night. For a while I thought I might be going insane. It was only after I moved out that my aunt and grandmother confessed to me that they had similar experiences. My grandmother, who is a staunch Christian that swears off the paranormal, said that she woke up several times in terror while something cold was breathing on her face.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
DO NOT BROWSE AGORA ROAD AT 3AM

Hello, I used to be skeptic but not anymore. This is a true story and if you say its not then you like sucking on willies.

I was browsing the Agora Road as I always do, it was 3am and I was making mostly unintelligent posts, and trying hard to be funny so I could farm reactions to fuel my broken dopamine receptors. I had tirelessly finished my 326th post on why dating is hard and everything is shit, when I noticed something very strange on the front page...
IMG_20220209_152453.jpg

Agora Road 666 cafe??? Wtff. "What did this mean" I said to myself... Not only that but Agora Chan had hyper realistic blood red eyes. This was scary as usually Agora Chan would only have purple eyes after IlluminatiPirate got home from a hard day at work. I checked the IRC to see if anyone else had seen what I seen to no avail.
Screenshot_20220209-153354_DuckDuckGo.jpg

This strange glitch had not been noticed by anyone seemingly, maybe out of fear from mentioning it??? That's when the DMs started flooding in
Screenshot_20220209-154304_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-154325_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I was scared, Agora Chan had started killing people, probably because of all the impregnation fetish art. The Day of the Road had begun and no one was safe. I ran from my room and to my rigma male truck, and sped off, just as I left it detonated, and hyper realistic blood splattered my car. I was now all on my own.

I skipped towns and was terrified for my life. I had to survive off food banks and sell my body to sexy and very attractive women, it was hard to deal with. I asked police for help but they were all dead and were bleeding hyper realistic blood so I went to borrow their computers to ask for help but only application accessible? AgoraRoad.exe . I begrudgingly clicked on it and a game popped up: Five Nights at Agoras.
N54t2hodaJyfDx1wtnlZT-aurN0Cinun37CFGtSI_Pk.png

I clicked new game and I heard Phone Guy talk immediately:

"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?
Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Agora Road Macintosh Cafe. A magical place for crazy people and incels alike, where dread and general cringe come to life. IlluminatiPirate is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing user report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced.
Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the regulars here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to listen to MTTS rant for two hours and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these fags hold a special place in the hearts of manchildren and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay."

But before Phone Guy could continue Agora Chan popped out the screen, jumpscaring me, and stabbing me to death. I'm now dead and you have to send this post to ten users or I'll see you in your sleep.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
DO NOT BROWSE AGORA ROAD AT 3AM

Hello, I used to be skeptic but not anymore. This is a true story and if you say its not then you like sucking on willies.

I was browsing the Agora Road as I always do, it was 3am and I was making mostly unintelligent posts, and trying hard to be funny so I could farm reactions to fuel my broken dopamine receptors. I had tirelessly finished my 326th post on why dating is hard and everything is shit, when I noticed something very strange on the front page...
View attachment 17712
Agora Road 666 cafe??? Wtff. "What did this mean" I said to myself... Not only that but Agora Chan had hyper realistic blood. This was scary as usually Agora Chan would only have purple eyes after IlluminatiPirate got home from a hard day at work. I checked the IRC to see if anyone else had seen what I seen to no avail.
View attachment 17713
This strange glitch had not been noticed by anyone seemingly, maybe out of fear from mentioning it??? That's when the DMs started flooding in
View attachment 17715
View attachment 17716
I was scared, Agora Chan had started killing people, probably because of all the impregnation fetish art. The Day of the Road had begun and no one was safe. I ran from my room and to my rigma male truck, and sped off, just as I left it detonated, and hyper realistic blood splattered my car. I was now all on my own.

I skipped towns and was terrified for my life. I had to survive off food banks and sell my body to sexy and very attractive women, it was hard to deal with. I asked police for help but they were all dead and were bleeding hyper realistic blood so I went to borrow their computers to ask for help but only application accessible? AgoraRoad.exe . I begrudgingly clicked on it and a game popped up: Five Nights at Agoras.
View attachment 17723
I clicked new game and I heard Phone Guy talk immediately:

"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?
Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Agora Road Macintosh Cafe. A magical place for crazy people and incels alike, where dread and general cringe come to life. IlluminatiPirate is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing user report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced.
Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the regulars here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to listen to MTTS rant for two hours and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these fags hold a special place in the hearts of manchildren and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay."

But before Phone Guy could continue Agora Chan popped out the screen, jumpscaring me, and stabbing me to death. I'm now dead and you have to send this post to ten users or I'll see you in your sleep.
@IlluminatiPirate We need some kind of pinned post system on the front page for gems like this

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
God I must be fucked in the head, but this doesn't seem that bad to me. Better then seeing people wear masks everywhere
Nah, it isn't that bad at all really, is just the japanese equivalent of those "mascot" costumes, they are called "Animegao Kigurumi" but still, it gave me an uncanny vibe tbh.
1644455649349.png

1644455743768.png

1644455883698.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
I like this topic. share your stories or make stories, just make em spooky.
Every month is good for spooks

I've battled great horned owls in the chicken coop and opossums in the garden... but the scariest was a battle against what I thought to be wolves.

"ignore the title" I tell a story here.

View: https://youtu.be/osr_Yzm8LXQ?t=568

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards