Spooky story thread

• Thread starter RIG
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1328 times.

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
I'll start with my one and only paranormal experience, feel free to share yours.

When I was about 13 my mother was a volunteer firefighter and when I'd hang out at the station a lot of the people working there would talk about an old burned down mill not far from the station. The mill is not there anymore, what is left is just a path that goes deep into the woods of where it used to be. the path is called rams tail road, located in Foster RI. here is another spook article on the road But I did not read it. it does however have images of what the area looks like.

My mother had thought it would be an interesting idea to go explorer the area at night as a fun spooky fall thing to do, so she took me, and another friend she had from the station to this area. we had brought some very large flashlights that they had at the station as well as walkie talkies (I don't know why since we did not use them) Upon arrival you park by a cemetery which is already a bit spooked but there is a path leading to what is left of the mill near this cemetery. The path is longer than you would expect, with my mother's friend leading the way. When we had got to the area where the mill was I was pretty disappointed, I was promised a spooky mill to explore and all that was here was an old foundation in the woods by a river with a small clearing. we hung around this clearing for a while my mom kept goin "any ghosts here?" and other things along those lines. maybe about 10 mins into being at this spot I had begun to see some strange lights, orbs that were orange. when I looked at them directly they would zip off. they would almost always appear on the other side of this river. I had tried chalking it up to car lights, but that could not be true, these orbs appeared in front of the tree line, not behind it as a car would. Plus they did not move like a car, nor were any cars around this deep in the woods. next, I thought of fireflies but these were far too bright to be those. I have no clue what these orbs could be and I was the only one seeing them, my mom didn't see them and neither did her friend. It started to get more frequent, I would turn around and see an orb behind me closer, and instead of zipping off, they would fade quickly. They were no longer exclusively on the other side of the river and now it was darker since we had left at sunset so now it was actually starting to get kind of spooked. I had sat on the ground at one point and when I had stood up and turned around I had seen two orbs this time, right in front of me, closest yet.

That was when we had decided to leave. as we were leaving I had begun to feel really sick. I don't remember what it felt like anymore but when we had gotten back to the car I had thrown up so hard I pulled a ton of muscles in my groin, legs, and chest. After vomiting I felt fine, sickness was gone. Don't know what the deal was with that but pretty spooky to me at least.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
the woods are funky as fuck, I was one time out with the scouts, and we were doing some game out in the forest in the middle of the night. One thing led to another, and I was alone, with no sounds near, and then I see this fucker.
he was probably person-height, shadow people looking motherfucker, and It was dark, so I couldn't see any defining features, but I knew something was there, and I was supposed to not move because of the game we were playing, but I could hear its rustling, it was doing something, and I tried to call him out, thinking it was some human friend of mine or something, but i didn't receive anything, not even a handwave. I don't know what the fuck was that, And I hope I never know

Virtual Cafe Awards

isolation suite

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i have a couple of stories but my main spooky story was posted in the cryptid thread.
i also have stories from relatives and locals which are more worthwhile which i'll post a little later on

anyway,
i was with a group of friends staying at one of their houses, we're all sitting in a circle. the hosts parents come home late around 2:00am and break out in to an arguement, we all get kicked out, most of the group go out for a walk while me and a friend go next door, the neighbor heard all the noise and invited us in, he's a bit of a night owl, he likes to pass the time by cooking food, me and my friend settle down, we tuck in to some nice food, we had shepards pie that morning, the group returns to the hosts house, me and my friend come back in to join them, some time passes, everyone remains in the circle while i decide to head home since i like walking home in the early hours

i start to walk a few houses down and my shoelace becomes undone, i kneel down to tie my laces, i finish tieing them up and look ahead to see a faint outline of a man standing a couple blocks away from me, i stand up remain still and watch for a few seconds before the outline disappears in to the night

i reach home and the sun comes up, i get myself ready for bed, lay there while staring at the ceiling until i start to drift off to sleep, i close my eyes and look around, i can vividy see everyone i was just with in the circle, i don't know whether it may of been a dream of recent events or if i was there in spirit lol, who knows.

this story isn't much to write home about, but the events are pretty eerie nonetheless

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa