Super Mario Odyssey VS. Sonic Frontiers

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
FRICK IT!! We're going back to the early 90s!!

Which way western man?

mario vs sonic.JPG

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Much as I love the thought, it just can't happen nowadays. Mario is in a different dimension from modern day Sonic, even as Sonic goes through a potential renaissance. You could make a strong argument for Mario Odyssey being one of the best games ever made. Whereas Sonic Frontiers is janky fun at most.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

Reaction score
Awards
I ain't buying either until I get Okami 2, another Klonoa game, another Kid Icarus, or anything else from the myriad of arguably cooler but unused properties.
Yeah, I get you. I still love video games but one of my least favorite things about our industry right now is JUST HOW LONG THINGS TAKE! It takes forever for some games to come out. It's been a FRIGGEN DECADE since Skyrim. We should already be on Elder scrolls 8 by now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards
I ain't buying either until I get Okami 2, another Klonoa game, another Kid Icarus, or anything else from the myriad of arguably cooler but unused properties.
frrrrr sakurai plz make another kid icarus !!!!!!!

I watched the trailer so many times as a kid, pre-ordered that shit, got the cool stand and the AR cards, and played the heck out of it more than any other 3ds game I've ever owned.

only problem is that was one of the first games I encountered (along with mario kart 7) that would save player names from online matches and give them to bots when in offline matches or there weren't enough real players. very sneaky and dead internet-esque. oh and when korean dudes would enter matches with weapon with an unusually high damage stat for specific attack that would literally one shot u. good times.

107scrmax52.jpg

1668227561599.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wasn't that big on Mario Odyssey to be honest. I thought Super Mario 3D World was a superior game and much prefer that play style. Nothing against people who like Odyssey. I just had no desire for a new N64-style collectathon, personally.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

Reaction score
Awards
I wasn't that big on Mario Odyssey to be honest. I thought Super Mario 3D World was a superior game and much prefer that play style. Nothing against people who like Odyssey. I just had no desire for a new N64-style collectathon, personally.
Arlo in shambles right now

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

"no, i dont want filet minon, I want mcdonalds MOM!" -you

Deleted member 1930

i have never been a big fan of those type of games either with a broad brush, i also prefer the "course clear" style of mario

HOWEVER, i think odessey has enough in it to make it an enjoyable game. thing is ive already beat it, and i dont have a motivation to go thorugh it again. its an amazing game on first pass, but IMO i dont think it has much replay....maybe someday

Deleted member 1930

Yeah, I get you. I still love video games but one of my least favorite things about our industry right now is JUST HOW LONG THINGS TAKE! It takes forever for some games to come out. It's been a FRIGGEN DECADE since Skyrim. We should already be on Elder scrolls 8 by now.
a byproduct of the demands of people being more and more demanding. you cant expect companies to just crank shit out when people demand they be uber-realistic

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i have never been a big fan of those type of games either with a broad brush, i also prefer the "course clear" style of mario

HOWEVER, i think odessey has enough in it to make it an enjoyable game. thing is ive already beat it, and i dont have a motivation to go thorugh it again. its an amazing game on first pass, but IMO i dont think it has much replay....maybe someday

I collected enough moons to get to the wedding chapel on the moon and fight Bowser. I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was playing a long-lost Banjo Kazooie game. Not that there's anything wrong with Banjo Kazooie. I just really like the direction they took the 3D main line Mario games in Starting with Galaxy where the levels were more linear and less open ended.

It's not a bad game, it's just not what I wanted to play after falling in love with 3D Land & 3D World. I like stuff like time limits, couch co-op multiplayer and trying to blast through levels as quickly as possible.

Virtual Cafe Awards