synthwave production

I'm pretty new to production but have been producing synthwave for about 8 months. Ive hit some writers block recently and don't know what to do to make good sounding music. Anyone have any tips? I feel like im no longer progressing.
Something that has always helped me is focusing on other genres of music. Getting my head out of familiar sonic territory and actively listening to something I'm not as familiar with will oftentimes give me a new idea or direction. Try to broaden and maximize your creative inputs.

Sometimes switching up my gear can also help. I'll get too used to a certain VST or piece of hardware and changing it up can help immensely. Maybe try challenging yourself to make a Synthwave cover of a non-Synthwave song that you enjoy. It can be very challenging but often rewarding.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I find it beneficial to familiarize yourself with the genre and try to recreate sounds you like. For me working with limited resources, this really helped give me the exact sound i was looking for before going into the specifics of production. so probably just listening to a fuck ton of synthwave you really like the sound of over the next week or so would help you out more than you would think.

Virtual Cafe Awards