What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Tabletop RPGs

brainlvst_b0xcutter

Mental Asylum Escapee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
brainlvss.space
Does anyone here play tabletop RPGs?

One day I think it would be cool to run a campaign where the players have to traverse the nine circles of Hell and brave the oddities and horrors therein. Each player's backstory would be based on why they were condemned. The occult/Satanic theme would be really fun to run with, since you could use Satanic temples as dungeons, or have demonic rituals that give status effects to your character.

Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to play more, but it's nearly impossible to consistently have the time for it. That's why I tend to stick to the occasional board game night with friends.

@brainlvst_b0xcutter that sounds like a really cool idea though. I would certainly be interested in playing something like that! If you ever release it I'll buy a copy and try to force my friends to play for at least a campaign or two.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
Yup. I GM a game of Mörk Borg with friends every Saturday for 1 group and also GM for another group inconsistently between Tuesdays and Fridays. I also play in a game on Sundays. It's a lot of fun. I've also picked up a copy of Frontier Scum which I'd love to GM or play sometime.

I think a lot of GMs try to prepare multiple sessions in advance, and end up making it lame by railroading. If I wanted to write a novel I'd write one, instead I just present an environment and situation and roll and improve with whatever the players do. I prefer using index cards, noting a couple of encounters, NPCs, plot hooks and local interests before a session though.

Wondering how other GMs here tend to handle their game prep, and how they handle improvisation? Also anyone want to do an Agoras Road TTRPG group?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

I currently run a Warhammer 40k Wrath and Glory campaign, finished playing in a The Dark Eye adventure and also play in a DnD 5e campaign.
I have tried Call of Cthullhu, Heredium, Godbound, Shadowrun and WFRPG before.

Virtual Cafe Awards