Taiwan conflict

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've never really been much about politics, but it seems strange that Biden is so comfortable antagonizing China, now.

He was more than happy to hand over Afghanistan to the Taliban, and his response to the Ukrainian invasion was fairly timid; just some sanctions and some NATO hand-me-downs. I wonder what changed?

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've never really been much about politics, but it seems strange that Biden is so comfortable antagonizing China, now.

He was more than happy to hand over Afghanistan to the Taliban, and his response to the Ukrainian invasion was fairly timid; just some sanctions and some NATO hand-me-downs. I wonder what changed?
1. The Afghan thing was going down before Biden came into office. Iirc Obama was the one who started the withdrawal plan for Afghanistan and Trump canonized them. Biden just fucked up the actual withdrawal massively.
2. Taiwan is worth way more to the US than Ukraine. Taiwan alone controls most of the worldwide chip manufacturing, I don't think the US will allow that to fall into China's hands easily.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

My suspicion is that Biden now needs to project strength to try to distract from two years of blunders. The midterms will serve as a national referendum on his agenda and actions so far. So far nobody buys the spiel coming out of the Biden Administration.

I hate the seeming shit-libness of Taiwan.

But I hate the CCP even more so....

Taiwan is the real China

View attachment 35679
Its so suspicious how calm the Taiwanese are when their nation is at the brink of war. I get that the administration of Taiwan does not want to instill panic into the populace, but that is no excuse for remaining oblivious to the incoming peril.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
My suspicion is that Biden now needs to project strength to try to distract from two years of blunders. The midterms will serve as a national referendum on his agenda and actions so far. So far nobody buys the spiel coming out of the Biden Administration.

Its so suspicious how calm the Taiwanese are when their nation is at the brink of war. I get that the administration of Taiwan does not want to instill panic into the populace, but that is no excuse for remaining oblivious to the incoming peril.
I do wonder if the US will start a world war for Taiwan. It does feel like China is going into an 'it's now or never mode' when it comes to invading Taiwan. As I understand it, their military is really not proven, and invading an island is no easy task. On the other hand, Taiwan's army is also not proven lol. I just get reminded of how a lot of people thought Russia would take Ukraine in around a month when by now it's pretty clear the war will probably last years.

I don't tend to dwell too much on geopolitics anymore, but I feel like we will see a total shift in culture and way of thinking, probably brought about by another world war... Or not. It's just a feeling like our current mode of culture is about to end.

I do fear a world where China rules the world lol. As much as I don't like western progressivism, I would have it any day over a CCP esque government, but tbf, the States seems to be getting closer and closer to that

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly the only way the US is going to stop China one day steamrolling the fuck out of Taiwan without starting a nuclear war is for the west to collectively pull their heads out of their arses, rebuild manufacturing, and pay western workers enough so they can buy western-made products instead of relying on and buying China tat so that the top 1000 business chuds can get an extra 10 private jets/islands/yachts or whatever.

The only reason China is in the position it is in now is because the hyper rich shits have pulled off several massive wealth transfers, leaving our manufacturing decimated and our populace so poor that buying non-China shit is a pipe dream of the highest order.

If you think the gas/energy crisis from poking the Russian bear was bad, imagine the prolescreams when people can't afford fucking anything at all.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
World biggest chip market vs the world biggest prostitutes market, waht a hard choice to make U.S
Why would you need hoes when you've got an unlimited supply of boyfriend-free anime waifua in your area.

cute anime GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
Honestly the only way the US is going to stop China one day steamrolling the fuck out of Taiwan without starting a nuclear war is for the west to collectively pull their heads out of their arses, rebuild manufacturing, and pay western workers enough so they can buy western-made products instead of relying on and buying China tat so that the top 1000 business chuds can get an extra 10 private jets/islands/yachts or whatever.

The only reason China is in the position it is in now is because the hyper rich shits have pulled off several massive wealth transfers, leaving our manufacturing decimated and our populace so poor that buying non-China shit is a pipe dream of the highest order.

If you think the gas/energy crisis from poking the Russian bear was bad, imagine the prolescreams when people can't afford fucking anything at all.
yeah this is exactly right. we(the west in general, not just the US) need to be ramping up microprocessor production yesterday, we really should have never quit. This was included in the BBB that Biden pushed so hard and while that bill overall was disagreeable to me the importance of this one trick won my support. The prospect of China owning ever more of the international(intergalactic?) intelligence map is quite unnerving.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
The level of not giving a fuck that this administration has show in it's foreign policy obscene. In what world is speaker Pelosi going to Taiwan a good idea? And now there are more senators making these trips? These worthless state representatives are too busy meddling around with foreign policy, spitting directly in the face of the west's biggest competitors, instead of properly representing their own constituents. The current administration's foreign policy amounts to poking adversaries into unleashing either a direct attack or economic wrath against the US/NATO.

But after 4 years of Trump, guess the US is finally back to normal with a career politician warhawk president looking to spread the tax dollars around to his pals in the upper echelons of Raytheon and GE. Big pharma is out and the military industrial complex is back in. And should the US actually get into a war don't worry, the border is wide open so you're just an easily replaced expendable asset on the front lines.

The US won't remain content with it's grip as a super power slipping day by day. They're so foolish that they'd try and take the whole world with them into a downward spiral just to cling to this power.

Russia seems to be doing fine despite the sanctions, if anything the current sanctions have only emboldened them to form stronger relationships with nearby nations and fast tracked an alternative to the dollar as a global standard. If things get too unstable in the US (be it the economy or social unrest related to the elections) then they'll either do the final shove to get Russia/China to attack or just stage a false flag.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I do wonder if the US will start a world war for Taiwan. It does feel like China is going into an 'it's now or never mode' when it comes to invading Taiwan. As I understand it, their military is really not proven, and invading an island is no easy task. On the other hand, Taiwan's army is also not proven lol. I just get reminded of how a lot of people thought Russia would take Ukraine in around a month when by now it's pretty clear the war will probably last years.
Don't forget that Taiwan is extremely mountainous. Some of them are over 13,000 feet tall. The natives could potentially wage guerilla warfare for decades from the island's interior.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Why would you need hoes when you've got an unlimited supply of boyfriend-free anime waifua in your area.

cute anime GIF
for a second i read "unlimited supply of femboys" and i was about to call you geographic size gay, but then i read again, i seriously need to sleep right now.
(btw, i've seen the girl in other memes before, sent the anime name)

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
for a second i read "unlimited supply of femboys" and i was about to call you geographic size gay, but then i read again, i seriously need to sleep right now.
(btw, i've seen the girl in other memes before, sent the anime name)
Femboys are also in unlimited supply. Probably.

The anime is Toradora... I've got strong opinions about it. But overall it's pretty comfy xD

Virtual Cafe Awards