Taiwan conflict

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/29/biden-taiwan-arms-sales-congress-00054126
1.1 Billion of taxpayer dollars will be sent to Taiwan in a deeply provocative act that is reminiscent of the current Ukrainian conflict.

Taiwan is the real china
Only thing is, the Taiwanese don't actually care about being 'the real China', they believe they are a separate country with a separate national destiny from China. When you ask them about it, they will clarify for you quite quickly that fact. The KMT might sometimes argue about it in politics, but I have yet to meet a single Taiwanese person who thought that the government in Taiwan was the real Chinese government.
Don't forget that Taiwan is extremely mountainous. Some of them are over 13,000 feet tall. The natives could potentially wage guerilla warfare for decades from the island's interior.
It's mountainous precisely where the Chinese don't need to be in a country which is otherwise very flat and which is populated primarily by city-dwellers. I wouldn't necessarily count on this idea. I'd say the rail network connecting the north and south of the island and the centers of industry as well as the capital would be the main points of contention. Taipei, Taichung, Hsinchu, and Tainan.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
All my love and support goes to China, which one? That's up to you to decide. :tou5:

Virtual Cafe Awards