Tales of Agora Road Submissions for Ezine # 2!

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump.
If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition. Drop your file in the link below! https://www.dropbox.com/request/L7FTvbkobIVHjmCKpF5n

Here ideas for the previous thread:
  • argument between two people about what qualifies as vaporwave
  • comic of aliens discovering earth via agora road forums and being persuaded to not vaporize the planet because we're so batshit its too amusing to destroy
  • what if colors could talk
  • a digital cyber e-virus strikes agora road and only one brave shitposter can stop total cyber domination
  • a banana gets bitten by a spider and becomes spider banana, however due to unfortunate genetics coupled with less-than-ideal parenting the banana is predisposed to unethical behavior and becomes kinda evil and terrorizes local villagez
  • Articles (riddles, interviews, poems, short stories, serial episodic novellas, music/book/game/etc reviews, net lore, tech, how to, thought experiments, theories, opinion pieces, current events, paranormal, music theory, history, philosophy, etc)
  • Art (backgrounds, doodles with transparent background, character art, object art, anything)
  • Nostalgia
    This should be composed of any articles, items you want to talked about, or memories of your childhood.
  • Internet Oddities
    Can be anything atleast mildly interesting on the internet, lolcows, interesting communities, this is a great example https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...ial-experiment-in-the-making-since-2005.3508/
  • Album Reviews
    I would prefer you review albums or tracks from your fellow agora road travelers like here https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/august-2021-music-artists-thread.3479/ but it is not required
  • Aesthetic Galleries
    Post any art that you made, I'm thinking of doing a theme for this so make some Y2K aesthetic style art.
  • Opinion
    Anything you want to talk about whether it be about current events or a key lime pie recipe
  • Short Stories
    This are fiction stories that you would want to write about.
Here is the Dropbox link of the PDF of the first edition so you can download and save and do whatever you want with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dja93sgjzurzncj/Tales of Agora Road EZine Issue #1.pdf?dl=0

Here's an ISSUU release so you can read it as if its a real magazine, I got this idea from the Private Suite mag!

Tales of The Agora Road - FIRST ISSUE

agorachangun6-1.png
dither_it_skimaskbestkeptchanmel.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I am currently working on a short story for the ezine, though due to my non-existent work ethic and high standards I am unsure if I will finish it before 2 or if I will submit it for 3.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump.
If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition. Drop your file in the link below! https://www.dropbox.com/request/L7FTvbkobIVHjmCKpF5n

Here ideas for the previous thread:
  • argument between two people about what qualifies as vaporwave
  • comic of aliens discovering earth via agora road forums and being persuaded to not vaporize the planet because we're so batshit its too amusing to destroy
  • what if colors could talk
  • a digital cyber e-virus strikes agora road and only one brave shitposter can stop total cyber domination
  • a banana gets bitten by a spider and becomes spider banana, however due to unfortunate genetics coupled with less-than-ideal parenting the banana is predisposed to unethical behavior and becomes kinda evil and terrorizes local villagez
  • Articles (riddles, interviews, poems, short stories, serial episodic novellas, music/book/game/etc reviews, net lore, tech, how to, thought experiments, theories, opinion pieces, current events, paranormal, music theory, history, philosophy, etc)
  • Art (backgrounds, doodles with transparent background, character art, object art, anything)
  • Nostalgia
    This should be composed of any articles, items you want to talked about, or memories of your childhood.
  • Internet Oddities
    Can be anything atleast mildly interesting on the internet, lolcows, interesting communities, this is a great example https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...ial-experiment-in-the-making-since-2005.3508/
  • Album Reviews
    I would prefer you review albums or tracks from your fellow agora road travelers like here https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/august-2021-music-artists-thread.3479/ but it is not required
  • Aesthetic Galleries
    Post any art that you made, I'm thinking of doing a theme for this so make some Y2K aesthetic style art.
  • Opinion
    Anything you want to talk about whether it be about current events or a key lime pie recipe
  • Short Stories
    This are fiction stories that you would want to write about.
Here is the Dropbox link of the PDF of the first edition so you can download and save and do whatever you want with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dja93sgjzurzncj/Tales of Agora Road EZine Issue #1.pdf?dl=0

Here's an ISSUU release so you can read it as if its a real magazine, I got this idea from the Private Suite mag!

Tales of The Agora Road - FIRST ISSUE

View attachment 25156
View attachment 25155
What deadline are you looking at this time?

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

no_mad

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have any stories to share, but I do have some cgi art Iv'e made over the years if you want to use them.

Attachments

• photo_2021-06-07_21-10-58 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-06-07_21-10-58 (2).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 125
  • EXESfNLU0AIr_kv.png
    EXESfNLU0AIr_kv.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 119
  • sgfdsgfdsg.png
    sgfdsgfdsg.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 69671497_2389919394627501_5060084014333820928_n.jpg
    69671497_2389919394627501_5060084014333820928_n.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 5Lknkkzg.png
    5Lknkkzg.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 116
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 111
Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
I don't have any stories to share, but I do have some cgi art Iv'e made over the years if you want to use them.
Please upload these in the Dropbox link so I can better organize it

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
Thinking of writing a movie review of an old 1960s movie (will not reveal since i think that would be fun to leave it a surprise). Would that be something that would fit the feel of the zine or should I avoid submitting a movie review for an old movie of this nature. I know you used an album review as an example of a possible submission, but I don't know if my idea fits the feel for the zine like an album review would. Maybe I'm just dumb but ya.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Thinking of writing a movie review of an old 1960s movie (will not reveal since i think that would be fun to leave it a surprise). Would that be something that would fit the feel of the zine or should I avoid submitting a movie review for an old movie of this nature. I know you used an album review as an example of a possible submission, but I don't know if my idea fits the feel for the zine like an album review would. Maybe I'm just dumb but ya.
yea go for it man!

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Hi @IlluminatiPirate this is probably a stupid question but are there just no rules with this? Like, word counts? Amount of submissions from a user? Preferred format for submissions (.txt file, pdf, whatever)?
Well, I perefer that if you are going to submit an article or something that is would be in a text document because I will be working in Adobe indesign but if u also have that you can make your own page.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
This sounds cool, need more kino reviews

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Been getting some great submissions so far! This will be released in the summer. If you have a submission drop it in the dropbox

Virtual Cafe Awards