What's new

Tales of The Agora Road Submissions

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
All right everyone! So the poll is done and the Agora Road E-Zine will be formally known as Tales of the Agora Road

We will have 6 main sections below and anyone can submit
- Nostalgia
- Internet Oddities
- Album Reviews
- Aesthetic Galleries
- Opinion
- Short Stories

Here are the guidelines for each section
Nostalgia
This should be composed of any articles, items you want to talked about, or memories of your childhood.
Internet Oddities
Can be anything atleast mildly interesting on the internet, lolcows, interesting communities, this is a great example https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...ial-experiment-in-the-making-since-2005.3508/
Album Reviews
I would prefer you review albums or tracks from your fellow agora road travelers like here https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/august-2021-music-artists-thread.3479/ but it is not required
Aesthetic Galleries
Post any art that you made, I'm thinking of doing a theme for this so make some Y2K aesthetic style art.
Opinion
Anything you want to talk about whether it be about current events or a key lime pie recipe
Short Stories
This are fiction stories that you would want to write about.

To submit share any word doc or image on my dropbox or you can email them here agoraroad@gmail.com

dither_it_ezgif-3-e7d46d909556.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This sounds super cool! I think Tales from the Agora Road sounds a bit nicer though, like stories that travelers swapped or something. Can't wait to read it!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What's the deadline on this? I've been working on my own writing projects and may have something to submit for this as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
For internet oddities, I'd like to present this subsection of a website called worlddreambank
The author of this has been working on it since the mid-2000's. It's an impressively detailed series of "a group of model worlds supporting intelligent life", including alien worlds, alternate versions of Earth, and terraformed worlds within our solar system. Some of the species he invents are kinda... wince-inducing, and sometimes come off as furrybait even though they're really not. But everything else about it is amazing. He doesn't just organize and present research for what a world might look like - he hand-crafts an IRL model of every single world and paints them, to scale, with pages and pages dedicated to every continent or region on the planet, and shows all the mathematics and geology he did to sculpt them as accurately as possible. Any one of his articles is a genuinely fascinating read, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has the time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia84631

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Agora Road is really an amazing place if you are interested in obscure things about design, technology and pop culture. Culture such as ads, gadgets, old websites and tv shows from our countries would work too, since i share some exclusive obscure stuff not found on American web, like those cheetos sweetos.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Is it necessary to make an account to upload files? :confusedMikasa:
I wasn't aware that you needed an account to upload files. But I edited the post so u can email instead

Virtual Cafe Awards