Tales of The Agora Road Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
All right everyone! So the poll is done and the Agora Road E-Zine will be formally known as Tales of the Agora Road

We will have 6 main sections below and anyone can submit
- Nostalgia
- Internet Oddities
- Album Reviews
- Aesthetic Galleries
- Opinion
- Short Stories

Here are the guidelines for each section
Nostalgia
This should be composed of any articles, items you want to talked about, or memories of your childhood.
Internet Oddities
Can be anything atleast mildly interesting on the internet, lolcows, interesting communities, this is a great example https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...ial-experiment-in-the-making-since-2005.3508/
Album Reviews
I would prefer you review albums or tracks from your fellow agora road travelers like here https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/august-2021-music-artists-thread.3479/ but it is not required
Aesthetic Galleries
Post any art that you made, I'm thinking of doing a theme for this so make some Y2K aesthetic style art.
Opinion
Anything you want to talk about whether it be about current events or a key lime pie recipe
Short Stories
This are fiction stories that you would want to write about.

To submit share any word doc or image on my dropbox or you can email them here agoraroad@gmail.com

dither_it_ezgif-3-e7d46d909556.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What's the deadline on this? I've been working on my own writing projects and may have something to submit for this as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
For internet oddities, I'd like to present this subsection of a website called worlddreambank
The author of this has been working on it since the mid-2000's. It's an impressively detailed series of "a group of model worlds supporting intelligent life", including alien worlds, alternate versions of Earth, and terraformed worlds within our solar system. Some of the species he invents are kinda... wince-inducing, and sometimes come off as furrybait even though they're really not. But everything else about it is amazing. He doesn't just organize and present research for what a world might look like - he hand-crafts an IRL model of every single world and paints them, to scale, with pages and pages dedicated to every continent or region on the planet, and shows all the mathematics and geology he did to sculpt them as accurately as possible. Any one of his articles is a genuinely fascinating read, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has the time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Agora Road is really an amazing place if you are interested in obscure things about design, technology and pop culture. Culture such as ads, gadgets, old websites and tv shows from our countries would work too, since i share some exclusive obscure stuff not found on American web, like those cheetos sweetos.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Is it necessary to make an account to upload files? :confusedMikasa:
I wasn't aware that you needed an account to upload files. But I edited the post so u can email instead

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
All right everyone! So the poll is done and the Agora Road E-Zine will be formally known as Tales of the Agora Road

We will have 6 main sections below and anyone can submit
- Nostalgia
- Internet Oddities
- Album Reviews
- Aesthetic Galleries
- Opinion
- Short Stories

Here are the guidelines for each section
Nostalgia
This should be composed of any articles, items you want to talked about, or memories of your childhood.
Internet Oddities
Can be anything atleast mildly interesting on the internet, lolcows, interesting communities, this is a great example https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...ial-experiment-in-the-making-since-2005.3508/
Album Reviews
I would prefer you review albums or tracks from your fellow agora road travelers like here https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/august-2021-music-artists-thread.3479/ but it is not required
Aesthetic Galleries
Post any art that you made, I'm thinking of doing a theme for this so make some Y2K aesthetic style art.
Opinion
Anything you want to talk about whether it be about current events or a key lime pie recipe
Short Stories
This are fiction stories that you would want to write about.

To submit share any word doc or image on my dropbox or you can email them here agoraroad@gmail.com

View attachment 6436

what about feet pics?

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
@IlluminatiPirate Is there any way you would trust me enough to either give access or create a new repository where content can be submitted if I promise to head up and produce an official Tales of the Agora Road e-zine?

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
@IlluminatiPirate Is there any way you would trust me enough to either give access or create a new repository where content can be submitted if I promise to head up and produce an official Tales of the Agora Road e-zine?
Ok, there was like one submission to the dropbox

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
And/or, given some time, possibly a guide for an electronics project. Like with a Raspberry Pi, if there's any intrest for something like that.
I think DIY computing solutions and projects that allow one to break away from big tech companies are very on-brand and topical for the road

Virtual Cafe Awards
To get everyone's ideas flowing, here's a 300 DPI (print quality) concept cover I threw together tonight playing with Photoshop. May need to open in new tab and zoom to 100% for it to look right. The 2 Agora-chan graphics by @IlluminatiPirate and @Riktempest are just placeholders (subject to their permission for actual use) to convey the possible.

zine_concept.png

This is purely a concept (that mimics the 90s magazine MacAddict) to hopefully get people excited that this could be real. As we iterate and more people get involved, we can find the right aesthetic that everyone likes.

We need print designers, graphic artists, and writers. (Anything else?)
  • Designers — share your work and ideas here; let's exchange INDDs and PSDs!
  • Artists — spam art here with your permission to use it! Everything from character art to nifty background textures or even shapes is potentially useful!
  • Writers — feel free to just write your articles right here as a forum reply, or upload a docx or pdf as an attachment. Short stories, poems, prose, history lessons, how-tos, vaporwave reviews, philosophy, anything.
To those intrigued: Get involved! You are in charge of this project just as much as anyone— this is a community effort; no permission needed; no one has answers. Rather than ask what's needed (because no one knows), create! Rather than offer to write, write! With this project, we're kids again, creating for the sake of creating, learning, expressing ourselves, sharing with others!

Let's try to collab in the open (e.g. in this thread) so the whole community is involved and @IlluminatiPirate can parent us and settle any deadlocks :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
To get everyone's ideas flowing, here's a 300 DPI (print quality) concept cover I threw together tonight playing with Photoshop. May need to open in new tab and zoom to 100% for it to look right. The 2 Agora-chan graphics by @IlluminatiPirate and @Riktempest are just placeholders (subject to their permission for actual use) to convey the possible.

View attachment 14207

This is purely a concept (that mimics the 90s magazine MacAddict) to hopefully get people excited that this could be real. As we iterate and more people get involved, we can find the right aesthetic that everyone likes.

We need print designers, graphic artists, and writers. (Anything else?)
  • Designers — share your work and ideas here; let's exchange INDDs and PSDs!
  • Artists — spam art here with your permission to use it! Everything from character art to nifty background textures or even shapes is potentially useful!
  • Writers — feel free to just write your articles right here as a forum reply, or upload a docx or pdf as an attachment. Short stories, poems, prose, history lessons, how-tos, vaporwave reviews, philosophy, anything.
To those intrigued: Get involved! You are in charge of this project just as much as anyone— this is a community effort; no permission needed; no one has answers. Rather than ask what's needed (because no one knows), create! Rather than offer to write, write! With this project, we're kids again, creating for the sake of creating, learning, expressing ourselves, sharing with others!

Let's try to collab in the open (e.g. in this thread) so the whole community is involved and @IlluminatiPirate can parent us and settle any deadlocks :)
Not bad, not bad! This is a great start! In regards to the cover concept specifically, I'm curious if the community wants to go with a retro mag cover look like this one or something a little more artsy with a distinct vaporwave aesthetic. I like how this blends then VW aesthetic with a more normal mag cover look, but I worry that some members may find it "normie"? Though, if we let it get too niche, then its hard to please anyone?

Maybe the design philosophy should be a generalized base of design for the entire layout, with individual sections for users submitted works to be designed to more fit their niche? Or a niche? Difficult to explain with words, but I can try to throw up some rough examples if I have time. Though, to be honest, you threw out this cover quite quickly while I was going about the normie day odds and ends. :LeDoritoFace: :okBoomer:

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.