Tales of The Agora Road Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Awards
I could write and article and do my own designs InDesign (i know how to use it, i'm no expert, but i know how to work in it) about retrogaming, i want to start talking about Secret of Evermore, a really underrated RPG from the Snes, i used to read a lot of club nintendo magazines, and i know the context, damn i can even translate the magazine to spanish in my free time.

1642373082852.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
The userbase of Agora is quite eclectic, but I feel like there is some kind of ineffable vibe or sense of taste that connects us. A magazine filled with articles from people of various interests makes for something I both really want to read and contribute to myself. I don't have any visual design stuff to contribute, but I definitely want to submit an article. When is the deadline for submission?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Follow-up: Here is a PDF of the temp cover + my initial draft of an NFT article: https://cyberbob.neocities.org/pdfs/ezine.pdf

@Jessica3cho Do you have InDesign?

All, please ping here if you're working on any art or articles!
Wow! This is some awesome work man! Thanks for all the effort!

I don't have an InDesign, didn't even know about it to be honest. I'll see about picking it up this week.

Also apologies. I've had some PC issues over the last week. Got it sorted, though and I'm going to grind out some content this week. Work on a cover for your Cover vs Cover idea, some page formatting, and a Nostalgia opinion piece.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Wow! This is some awesome work man! Thanks for all the effort!

I don't have an InDesign, didn't even know about it to be honest. I'll see about picking it up this week.

Also apologies. I've had some PC issues over the last week. Got it sorted, though and I'm going to grind out some content this week. Work on a cover for your Cover vs Cover idea, some page formatting, and a Nostalgia opinion piece.
YESSS

Virtual Cafe Awards

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
I definitely vote that scans of your hand printed pages be used in the zine, instead of typing it.
shit, i guess i'll try and keep the pages as neat as possible for the time being. i'm not opposed to scanning them in, I'm just worried that my notes will really only make sense to myself. although, depending on how long each issue is, one/two pages scanned would be the perfect size/length for a weekly astrology lesson...

Virtual Cafe Awards
The userbase of Agora is quite eclectic, but I feel like there is some kind of ineffable vibe or sense of taste that connects us. A magazine filled with articles from people of various interests makes for something I both really want to read and contribute to myself. I don't have any visual design stuff to contribute, but I definitely want to submit an article. When is the deadline for submission?
a timeline will become more clear once we feel we are roughly half way to a full issue. for now, let's create, and create and create. writing, drawing, etc.

even on the design/layout front, we are still "battling" different ideas (i talk more about this in a previous post); and i'm hoping more designers join the battle.

as content flows in; we will plop the submitted pieces into blank pages and start filling them in with rapid iteration. shapes, colors, graphics, funky layouts.

when you submit content, whether it's a writing or a graphic, please specify if you want it to be immediately visible or redacted until publish. the latter option means we'll blur it out when we post previews here. this way, when we "publish", it'll be a special moment when all content is fully accessible!

Virtual Cafe Awards

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
wake up honey, new pages just dropped!

>qualities that the zodiac sign possess:

thumbnail_roj6lw.jpg
thumbnail_wtxvmo.jpg
thumbnail_kpb4jb.jpg

>descriptions of the zodiac signs, and inherent qualities:
thumbnail_lbehgi.jpg
thumbnail_jx0v2w.jpg
thumbnail_fn3uxp.jpg

yeah i know they're sideways, deal with it

Virtual Cafe Awards
Pangolin just submitted a wonderful article and it's been placed in. Here's the updated preview: https://cyberbob.neocities.org/pdfs/ezine.pdf Note the cover and table of contents are placeholders, design/layout is still under construction, and almost all content is redacted pending zine publish (it's up to each piece's author to decide to reveal their written work upon submission or wait to zine publish).

We need more:
  • Articles (riddles, interviews, poems, short stories, serial episodic novellas, music/book/game/etc reviews, net lore, tech, how to, thought experiments, theories, opinion pieces, current events, paranormal, music theory, history, philosophy, etc)
  • Art (backgrounds, doodles with transparent background, character art, object art, anything)
Post here or DM!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Time for another update! Preview: https://cyberbob.neocities.org/pdfs/ezine.pdf

The good news is, we're up to page 29. However, that includes ~5 blank pages earmarked for fake ads.

I need help!

Follow-ups:
  • @Rik-Disillusioned you mentioned giving zine a macOS look, please help me make that a reality. you also offered to make agora-chan art and vaporwave patterns; please do this! and where can i find your agora ads?
  • @l@in is here are you working on an article still? Feel free to DM me to brainstorm or help with editing!
  • @Jessica3cho, are you working on design/layout ideas? if not, I need your brain in other areas, hit me up here or DM please!
  • @infamous witness, are you still working on creating fake ads?
  • @치타 킹 are you still working on a retro gaming article? Feel free to DM me to brainstorm or help with editing!
  • @MorphedSnowman I'm really, really excited about your idea of doodles / comics. are you working on this?
  • @zalazalaza Will you write?
  • @Outer Heaven I know you expressed interest in writing but are busy. Maybe something quick and short? Half a pager? Could be a thought experiment, poem, short story, anything. Even a teaser for a longer piece you plan to write for issue #2?
Dear Lurkers, please get involved!
  • We need more writers (riddles, interviews, poems, short stories, serial episodic novellas, music/book/game/etc reviews, net lore, tech, how to, thought experiments, theories, opinion pieces, current events, paranormal, music theory, history, philosophy, etc).
  • We need more graphic artists (fake ads, agora-chan art, backgrounds, doodles with transparent background, character art, object art, anything).
If you are writing content or working on graphics, can you give me a heads up here (or DM if submitting anonymously)?

If you'd like to get involved, but aren't sure how, post here or DM me!

There's still time to get involved in a huge way. Do not miss out on the fun and opportunity to have your name and creation(s) in Issue #1!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com

The good news is, we're up to page 29. However, that includes ~5 blank pages earmarked for fake ads.

I need help!

Follow-ups:
  • @Rik-Disillusioned you mentioned giving zine a macOS look, please help me make that a reality. you also offered to make agora-chan art and vaporwave patterns; please do this! and where can i find your agora ads?
  • @l@in is here are you working on an article still? Feel free to DM me to brainstorm or help with editing!
  • @Jessica3cho, are you working on design/layout ideas? if not, I need your brain in other areas, hit me up here or DM please!
  • @치타 킹 are you still working on a retro gaming article? Feel free to DM me to brainstorm or help with editing!
  • @MorphedSnowman I'm really, really excited about your idea of doodles / comics. are you working on this?
  • @Outer Heaven I know you expressed interest in writing but are busy. Maybe something quick and short? Half a pager? Could be a thought experiment, poem, short story, anything. Even a teaser for a longer piece you plan to write for issue #2?
  • We need more writers (riddles, interviews, poems, short stories, serial episodic novellas, music/book/game/etc reviews, net lore, tech, how to, thought experiments, theories, opinion pieces, current events, paranormal, music theory, history, philosophy, etc).
  • We need more graphic artists (fake ads, agora-chan art, backgrounds, doodles with transparent background, character art, object art, anything).
If you are writing content or working on graphics, can you give me a heads up here (or DM if submitting anonymously)?

There's still time to get involved in a huge way. Do not miss out on the fun and opportunity to have your name and creation(s) in Issue #1!
You should take a peak in the ad creatives thread. https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/agora-road-ad-creatives.3370/#post-10582
If I have a chance this week I'll see what I can throw together

Virtual Cafe Awards

timelinker14

Wanderer of the Agora
Reaction score
Awards
I could write and article and do my own designs InDesign (i know how to use it, i'm no expert, but i know how to work in it) about retrogaming, i want to start talking about Secret of Evermore, a really underrated RPG from the Snes, i used to read a lot of club nintendo magazines, and i know the context, damn i can even translate the magazine to spanish in my free time.

View attachment 14486
Ohhh, I don't have the magazines, but if you're pressed for time I could translate some stuff too if you send me pics. Spanish is my native tongue,

Virtual Cafe Awards

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards

I need help!

Follow-ups:

bob i am beyond thankful for ur work oml <3 good man right here

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Ohhh, I don't have the magazines, but if you're pressed for time I could translate some stuff too if you send me pics. Spanish is my native tongue,
Amigo, yo hablo 2 y medio idiomas, no necesito preocuparme por la traducción, el español es de hecho mi lengua materna también.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Ill try my best to get something out but no promises. Exams and assignments are really tying me down these couple of weeks.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3578

Can I offer drawings of weird monsters?

I can also provide bimboisms, poems, magick tangential thought.

Attachments

• nintaysol.jpg
    nintaysol.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 55
Can I offer drawings of weird monsters?

I can also provide bimboisms, poems, magick tangential thought.
All of the above please!

And can you send me a higher quality of this photo? It's a little blurry. Maybe just need more lightning?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.