Tales of The Agora Road Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3578

All of the above please!

And can you send me a higher quality of this photo? It's a little blurry. Maybe just need more lightning?
Yeah, I can arrange better things. I get thrown off by the upload size limit - and that was a shitty phone pic with quality lowered to begin with. I am low key kinda ding dong about techy things!
a38 (2).jpg

But ya, I'll send ya some stuff. Vague deadline I should consider? If I don't have a window I prolly won't do anything! ♥♥♥

Yeah, I can arrange better things. I get thrown off by the upload size limit - and that was a shitty phone pic with quality lowered to begin with. I am low key kinda ding dong about techy things!
View attachment 14976

But ya, I'll send ya some stuff. Vague deadline I should consider? If I don't have a window I prolly won't do anything! ♥♥♥
Sure, I'll make up one just for you: Valentine's day

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I intended to come up with something to submit, i still might I don't know.
Work has been crazy, family is dealing with some some depressing stuff right now, and it's freaking cold.

Put it all together I just haven't been able to muster the energy or motivation to do anything constructive lately.

What sort of timeline are you shooting for, when do you want submissions by?

Virtual Cafe Awards
I intended to come up with something to submit, i still might I don't know.
Work has been crazy, family is dealing with some some depressing stuff right now, and it's freaking cold.

Put it all together I just haven't been able to muster the energy or motivation to do anything constructive lately.

What sort of timeline are you shooting for, when do you want submissions by?
Submissions by Valentine's Day

Virtual Cafe Awards
Hey guys, happy Saturday. Welp, after getting the hang of InDesign, it expired, so I spun up a trial of Affinity Publisher. Any design nerds out there? I wish it had global layers (it's how I could easily do redacted previews). But overall, it's good software! And, from a hobbyist's perspective, $55 one-time for Affinity is workable whereas $21/mo for InDesign is prohibitive. I've converter the zine over to Affinity.

We need poetry. And fiction (e.g. short story). We also need a veteran with a knack for storytelling to write about the history of Agora Road. And, more than anything, we need Vaporwave related content— it could be the history of the genre, an overview of sub-genres, album or song reviews, etc. Who's in?

Have a great weekend <3

Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
Follow-ups:
  • @MorphedSnowman I'm really, really excited about your idea of doodles / comics. are you working on this?
Alright, sorry I was gone for a while but you can expect a doodle this saturday. It's not really formed yet, so if you have an idea for some joke or something you can write it here. If not, I have a dumb idea to put in there, so see you on saturday.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Alright, sorry I was gone for a while but you can expect a doodle this saturday. It's not really formed yet, so if you have an idea for some joke or something you can write it here. If not, I have a dumb idea to put in there, so see you on saturday.
we have a short story being written for the zine about a teen boy in the 90s who gets a laptop for christmas and goes on aol and meets weird cool people. would be kinda fun if a comic in one section brought to life a short story in another section.

other ideas:
  • argument between two people about what qualifies as vaporwave
  • comic of aliens discovering earth via agora road forums and being persuaded to not vaporize the planet because we're so batshit its too amusing to destroy
  • what if colors could talk
  • a digital cyber e-virus strikes agora road and only one brave shitposter can stop total cyber domination
  • a banana gets bitten by a spider and becomes spider banana, however due to unfortunate genetics coupled with less-than-ideal parenting the banana is predisposed to unethical behavior and becomes kinda evil and terrorizes local villagez

Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
we have a short story being written for the zine about a teen boy in the 90s who gets a laptop for christmas and goes on aol and meets weird cool people. would be kinda fun if a comic in one section brought to life a short story in another section.

other ideas:
  • argument between two people about what qualifies as vaporwave
  • comic of aliens discovering earth via agora road forums and being persuaded to not vaporize the planet because we're so batshit its too amusing to destroy
  • what if colors could talk
  • a digital cyber e-virus strikes agora road and only one brave shitposter can stop total cyber domination
  • a banana gets bitten by a spider and becomes spider banana, however due to unfortunate genetics coupled with less-than-ideal parenting the banana is predisposed to unethical behavior and becomes kinda evil and terrorizes local villagez
Man, holy shit. Nooo. I was sitting here wondering what the hell to make the story about. I missed your message. The only thing I learned is that I'm a terrible writer. I made something though, and I guess this is the style I would be going with in the future too since it's so simple that it fits some "magazine comic" format and is readable. I'll make these other ones for other zines if I have the time. Up to you if this is salvageable.
robottest2.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Hey all. Firstly, I just wanna say thanks to all of you. It's been wonderful to see everyone coming together and contributing.

Secondly, we're at about ~50 pages now that have been worked into the zine draft. Nothin too fancy, but some great writings, decent layout/styling, and a little Agora art sprinkled around. I just submitted the latest zine project file to @IlluminatiPirate so he can iterate on it and also work in additional submissions.

I took interest in this zine project because I see some thoughtful, talented people here and I see the zine as a way to bring folks together to create, learn skills, and feel good about producing something fun and creative. My only request to other contributors has been / is for the final output of this project to be positive, uncontroversial, and inclusive / bring all people together. I'll be less involved going forward as life and work have become quite busy, but I'll continue checkin in. Keep the entries coming, and please use @IlluminatiPirate's dropbox link (first post in this thread) to upload submissions. Let's see what we can come up with as a community now til Valentine's day <3

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.