Tears of the Kingdom

• Thread starter Jade
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3186 times.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
just pre-ordered the game, hopefully it comes in on Friday. I have a business trip this weekend so it'll be perfect time to play

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
One thing I was irrationally worried about when it comes to TotK is, whether Paid DLC be announced before the game comes out. BotW is my favorite game ever but I can't deny that it kinda irked me when the game was announced and a month before release, they also talked about DLC. But it seems to me that TotK will be what I consider "classically complete" where there's no DLC BS or anything. Which is extremely refreshing for a 2023 AAA game release. Though It's fair to say that it came at the cost of the game well.... costing 70$ instead but, I'll take it tbh. That's not to say DLC won't happen for TotK, but at least there will be room on launch day for the game to simply be.

I am also aware that recently they patched TotK, which was mainly just a performance patch. :elonE:

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think BOTW's reputation is eventually gonna go the way of Skyrim - still a great, fun game, but one that time has been very unkind to.
Same. I hope they bring back the traditional stuff such as unique dungeons, bosses

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I'm dissapointed a bit after learning the Zelda isn't playable as always. I haven't played it yet but from the spoilers i saw, they have proper charactrer development, more dungeons and bosses and cool final boss.
what do you mean, zelda is playable
tears-of-the-kingdom-steam-deck-1683735971004.jpg

see?

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Now that TotK is out, it feels weird that BotW is no longer the latest Zelda... :PepsiDog:

But I think it's pretty nice that the Switch has its Zelda game all to its own now. BotW was kinda weird because if you look at most game ranking lists, BotW would always be at the top for Switch games even though it's also on Wii U.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I mean the botw had so many ideas that most of the didn't make it due to wii u technical limitations.
I bought a Wii U back on its launch year. I dunno how many people agree with me on this, but that console just sucks. I know it has a great library and of course it had Miiverse but the console itself is just terrible. The hardware was pathetic for the year it came out and the tablet controller was so clunky it got in the way more than it helped (although there were some games that utilized it well).

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I bought a Wii U back on its launch year. I dunno how many people agree with me on this, but that console just sucks. I know it has a great library and of course it had Miiverse but the console itself is just terrible. The hardware was pathetic for the year it came out and the tablet controller was so clunky it got in the way more than it helped (although there were some games that utilized it well).
But the UI was miles better than switch and it screamed Nintendo instead of a boring normie company.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I really liked the Wii U. The controler felt good in my hands and was still light for its size.
But what I loved the most was being able to play it like a handheld without using the TV, so I could play games and watch tv at the same time. Or take the controller and play it in bed.

Also being able to use the touch screen and stylus is what really made Mario Maker work for me.
Mario Maker 2 kinda fell flat for me because I just couldn't stand trying to make a map without the stylus. It was so fucking slow and tedious.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards