Tell me the truth

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
You present the forum as an alternative to places like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk
If people don't want to use big social media platforms then they can use forums, which is by definition an alternative.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

If people don't want to use big social media platforms then they can use forums, which is by definition an alternative.
Read again: alternative to forums like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

you present it that way on purpose, right?

what are some reasons do you suppose people might seek out alternatives to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or mainstream forums/social media?

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
no censorship
What ideas do you feel have been censored? Has IlluminatiPirate actually been censoring anything, or has he just been kicking people who get in people's face a bit too much and cause drama? Do you understand the difference?

I've only seen people get booted because their schtick is tired or they are causing too much personal drama, not because IlluminatiPirate feels their ideas are dangerous or they shouldn't be allowed to express them. I would disagree about that actually being censorship. Think of it this way, if you get up on stage at a comedy club, tell a bunch of shitty jokes, get booed off the stage and the owner of the club tells your he is never letting you on stage again, have you been censored or are you just a shitty comedian nobody wants on their stage? I would argue it's the latter and I think that's the type of thing you're calling censorship here. The simple expression of controversial ideas can get you heavily downvoted or banned on reddit. That's censorship and AFAIK it doesn't happen here. The bans all seem to be more related to shitting up the forum.

I've said this in a couple of other threads, but nobody is going to just pay to host a forum and let people shit it up with whatever they want to the point it dominates the forum. It'd be completely retarded. Even on the original 8-Chan if you just spammed the same stupid shit over and over, jannies would delete it after a certain point.

*Edit* Another way to think of it.

Imagine I post a thread called "Jews Are Undermining the White Race," I don't get banned and discussion on the topic goes ahead unhindered by mods. Now the next day, I make 40 threads called "Jews Are Undermining the White Race" to the point that it pushes all other threads to the second page and I get banned. Now, did I get banned for expressing the idea that Jews are undermining the white race, or did I get banned for shitting up the forum? Do you feel that is censorship?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
Read again: alternative to forums like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

you present it that way on purpose, right?

what are some reasons do you suppose people might seek out alternatives to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or mainstream forums/social media?
You are complaining about basically nothing. Eat a snicker.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
>Zoomer shows up to Nostalgia forum
>"b-b-buh they told me old internet best! this just new internet look like old internet!"
>Calls it faux-nostalgia

Let me tell you what, if you want to plug in your dial up modem, wait 10 minutes for it to connect, start Internet Explorer, wait 10 minutes for it to connect, type in a web address and hope you didn't mistype it in anyway ('cause that's how you get to a fake site that gives you malware), wait 10 minutes for it to load, just to see that the website is currently down and the webmaster didn't leave you an email to contact him with, then have fun with that.

Personally, I'd like to see a lot of elements of web1.0 brought back, but by no means do I actually want to experience that again.
I realise vaporwave is the main draw here but tell me if I've come to the wrong site because MAN the internet is so shit now with zoomers who continually regurgitate the same tired variations of wojak and pepe and chasing views by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Bro wtf do you think the internet was in 2004? Literally the same thing, only worse. It was harder to spread memes around, harder to create content, harder to share content. You had less and, overall, a lot of it was the same quality of content that we get now.
Do YoU eVeN tRiFoRcE bRo?
Yeah man, watching people spam that 100 times a day on 4chan was way more entertaining than watching people spam 100 Wojack memes a day. Quality content bro, bring back the old internet.

I will say, the 1 thing I miss most was the creativity and sense of humour that OG flash artists had and how the terrible workspace it provided was used in a creative way to make bad quality content look and feel good to watch. That was the people, though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

What ideas do you feel have been censored? Has IlluminatiPirate actually been censoring anything, or has he just been kicking people who get in people's face a bit too much and cause drama? Do you understand the difference?

I've only seen people get booted because their schtick is tired or they are causing too much personal drama, not because IlluminatiPirate feels their ideas are dangerous or they shouldn't be allowed to express them. I would disagree about that actually being censorship. Think of it this way, if you get up on stage at a comedy club, tell a bunch of shitty jokes, get booed off the stage and the owner of the club tells your he is never letting you on stage again, have you been censored or are you just a shitty comedian nobody wants on their stage? I would argue it's the latter and I think that's the type of thing you're calling censorship here. The simple expression of controversial ideas can get you heavily downvoted or banned on reddit. That's censorship and AFAIK it doesn't happen here. The bans all seem to be more related to shitting up the forum.

I've said this in a couple of other threads, but nobody is going to just pay to host a forum and let people shit it up with whatever they want to the point it dominates the forum. It'd be completely retarded. Even on the original 8-Chan if you just spammed the same stupid shit over and over, jannies would delete it after a certain point.

*Edit* Another way to think of it.

Imagine I post a thread called "Jews Are Undermining the White Race," I don't get banned and discussion on the topic goes ahead unhindered by mods. Now the next day, I make 40 threads called "Jews Are Undermining the White Race" to the point that it pushes all other threads to the second page and I get banned. Now, did I get banned for expressing the idea that Jews are undermining the white race, or did I get banned for shitting up the forum? Do you feel that is censorship?

its still censorship. of course censorship in this way is the right of any property owner, be it a club owner, or a forum owner.

but if you're going to do that, don't pretend like you aren't going to

don't be like "yo, you got kicked out of that nightclub for being "offensive"? come here instead!" and then do the same shit, you know?

if you're gonna be gay and ban/censor people, just be upfront about it instead of painting yourself as an alternative, free speech venue

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with @MarchToTheSea for the most part. I like this place, but it shouldn't be marketed as a free speech forum because it's not one. If you ban racism then it's not free speech. The only free speech forum I know of is RPG Codex.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I agree with @MarchToTheSea for the most part. I like this place, but it shouldn't be marketed as a free speech forum because it's not one. If you ban racism then it's not free speech. The only free speech forum I know of is RPG Codex.
Literally no one in charge has ever marketed this place as a free speech forum.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Literally no one in charge has ever marketed this place as a free speech forum.
I don't know who made the post, but I have seen this place advertised on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk as a free speech forum. I assume it was the admin who was posting. There's also the free speech forever thing you get on your profile after uploading your avatar. Seems to me like this place is definitely marketed as such.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I don't know who made the post, but I have seen this place advertised on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk as a free speech forum. I assume it was the admin who was posting. There's also the free speech forever thing you get on your profile after uploading your avatar. Seems to me like this place is definitely marketed as such.
Yeah, I also have a Hello Kitty badge and a badge that says "Anime is gay as hell and I approve!". Is this a kiddie-centric lgbt rights anime forum? Those are just aesthetics from a time since passed.

I'd also be curious to see this >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk shilling if you have the link perchancenstance.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
its still censorship. of course censorship in this way is the right of any property owner, be it a club owner, or a forum owner.

but if you're going to do that, don't pretend like you aren't going to

don't be like "yo, you got kicked out of that nightclub for being "offensive"? come here instead!" and then do the same shit, you know?

if you're gonna be gay and ban/censor people, just be upfront about it instead of painting yourself as an alternative, free speech venue
When you signed up for the forum you understood the moderation of this site. Why are you pretending that you don't?
Screenshot_20220425-150635_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220425-150649_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220425-150701_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220425-150716_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220425-150728_Chrome.jpg

I believe in free speech but I also dont want it to be abused. Forum moderation is key for a healthy community.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I also have a Hello Kitty badge and a badge that says "Anime is gay as hell and I approve!". Is this a kiddie-centric lgbt rights anime forum? Those are just aesthetics from a time since passed.

I'd also be curious to see this >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk shilling if you have the link perchancenstance.
I admit i shilled on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk but I shilled everywhere and in alot of obscure places.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I admit i shilled on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk but I shilled everywhere and in alot of obscure places.
Even Jesus sat with the prostitutes and taxmen. Based Admin confirmed.

Virtual Cafe Awards