Tell me the truth

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
i hate the people on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, i like the people here. except >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk-fags like you and pirate.

but the cool people outweigh the normies like yourself
Love your music baby <3

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Love your music baby <3
Really? Is that your comeback? Is this really how it ends? I spend like ten fricking minutes lurking through this thread reading all of this opt guy drama finding all of it so fun and interesting and you tell me it ends like this? With you saying "love your music baby <3"? Come on, I can't believe it. I thought this forum was the place where all the cool and badass internet masters dwelt; where I could find the coolest posts and the craziest debates. But the only thing I find is this limp-wristed "Love your music baby <3" thing worthy of a normie. Not even nagol was this lame. I just can't believe it. Do you know what? Im going away for a long time once again. I just can't stand the state of this place. Until we get higher quality poasts I won't come back.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Really? Is that your comeback? Is this really how it ends? I spend like ten fricking minutes lurking through this thread reading all of this opt guy drama finding all of it so fun and interesting and you tell me it ends like this? With you saying "love your music baby <3"? Come on, I can't believe it. I thought this forum was the place where all the cool and badass internet masters dwelt; where I could find the coolest posts and the craziest debates. But the only thing I find is this limp-wristed "Love your music baby <3" thing worthy of a normie. Not even nagol was this lame. I just can't believe it. Do you know what? Im going away for a long time once again. I just can't stand the state of this place. Until we get higher quality poasts I won't come back.
Bye-bye

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
No, wait, I have a better comeback

Really? Is that your comeback? Is this really how it ends? I spend like one fricking minute lurking through this thread reading all of this Sweet n' Comfy drama finding all of it so fun and interesting and you tell me it ends like this? With you saying

"Really? Is that your comeback? Is this really how it ends? I spend like ten fricking minutes lurking through this thread reading all of this opt guy drama finding all of it so fun and interesting and you tell me it ends like this? With you saying "love your music baby <3"? Come on, I can't believe it. I thought this forum was the place where all the cool and badass internet masters dwelt; where I could find the coolest posts and the craziest debates. But the only thing I find is this limp-wristed "Love your music baby <3" thing worthy of a normie. Not even nagol was this lame. I just can't believe it. Do you know what? Im going away for a long time once again. I just can't stand the state of this place. Until we get higher quality poasts I won't come back.?"

Come on, I can't believe it. I thought this forum was the place where all the cool and badass internet masters dwelt; where I could find the coolest posts and the craziest debates. But the only thing I find is this limp-wristed-

"Really? Is that your comeback? Is this really how it ends? I spend like ten fricking minutes lurking through this thread reading all of this opt guy drama finding all of it so fun and interesting and you tell me it ends like this? With you saying "love your music baby <3"? Come on, I can't believe it. I thought this forum was the place where all the cool and badass internet masters dwelt; where I could find the coolest posts and the craziest debates. But the only thing I find is this limp-wristed "Love your music baby <3" thing worthy of a normie. Not even nagol was this lame. I just can't believe it. Do you know what? Im going away for a long time once again. I just can't stand the state of this place. Until we get higher quality poasts I won't come back."

-thing worthy of a normie. Not even REDACTED was this lame. I just can't believe it. Do you know what? Im going away for a long time once again. I just can't stand the state of this place. Until we get higher quality poasts I won't come back.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
Sure, even on the Codex we have moderation, though it's pretty hard to get banned there. I'm just saying you can't call yourself free speech if you ban certain viewpoints you don't agree with or speech you find offensive. Racist stuff isn't some special thing that has it's own category. It's still speech.
I'm pretty sure you can get away with a lot on Agora if you package it well. There is free speech if you don't act like a complete retard. If you go for free speech all out you kinda basically are saying you are letting doors open to people no one accepted in other places, which basically turns any website into digital third reich larp very quickly.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
its still censorship. of course censorship in this way is the right of any property owner, be it a club owner, or a forum owner.

but if you're going to do that, don't pretend like you aren't going to

don't be like "yo, you got kicked out of that nightclub for being "offensive"? come here instead!" and then do the same shit, you know?
This is where I disagree with you though. If you bomb on stage because you're not funny, you didn't get thrown out of the club for being offensive. You got thrown out because you're not funny. This is a very important difference. There is a big difference in Tucker Carlson being thrown of Fox news because he said something offensive and Tucker Carlson getting thrown off Fox news because his ratings are tanking and he's no longer funny. Only one of those is censorship.

if you're gonna be gay and ban/censor people, just be upfront about it instead of painting yourself as an alternative, free speech venue
Who has been banned over free speech issues? I know of Nagolbud being banned, and that was because he was annoying the shit out of half the posters and derailing every topic, not because anything he was saying was offensive. I'm not as plugged into the forum lore as you are. Is there anyone else?

Also, I have to say, it's extremely autistic to say a place with like four rules that amount to don't post anything illegal, don't shit up the forum and don't drop the hard r is not an alternative to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, a site divided into little fifedoms where tranny jannies and autists make up whatever rules they want. I would get banned or heavily downvoted for every second post I've made here on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk . You're setting up a false dichotomy that a platform has to either have zero rules or it's automatically as bad as reddit. Is Kiwifarms >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Is 4Chan >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Was 8chan >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Were BBSes >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Besides Usenet, there has never been an online message board with literally no rules. Never.

Free speech is the ability to express controversial ideas without being censored, not the ability to shout "fire" in a crowded movie theatre. I haven't seen anything like the former being stifled here, just the latter.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
First world 1999 cusper here.
This forum is on paper a vaporwave forum, but... it's hardly about vaporwave in practice. It's where us people who are sick of that very insanity of the mainstream web go take shelter. There is a couple of wacky people like in every place, but otherwise, most of us are chill.
can relate for once tbh

Virtual Cafe Awards
I think the majority of consistent posters are millennials with some early zoomers/zillenials (who are heavily from the third world, which is basically like being from the early 2000s anyway)
am 2005 but I basically don't count considering I just lurk 50% of the time

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

This is where I disagree with you though. If you bomb on stage because you're not funny, you didn't get thrown out of the club for being offensive. You got thrown out because you're not funny. This is a very important difference. There is a big difference in Tucker Carlson being thrown of Fox news because he said something offensive and Tucker Carlson getting thrown off Fox news because his ratings are tanking and he's no longer funny. Only one of those is censorship.

Who has been banned over free speech issues? I know of Nagolbud being banned, and that was because he was annoying the shit out of half the posters and derailing every topic, not because anything he was saying was offensive. I'm not as plugged into the forum lore as you are. Is there anyone else?

Also, I have to say, it's extremely autistic to say a place with like four rules that amount to don't post anything illegal, don't shit up the forum and don't drop the hard r is not an alternative to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, a site divided into little fifedoms where tranny jannies and autists make up whatever rules they want. I would get banned or heavily downvoted for every second post I've made here on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk . You're setting up a false dichotomy that a platform has to either have zero rules or it's automatically as bad as reddit. Is Kiwifarms >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Is 4Chan >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Was 8chan >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Were BBSes >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk? Besides Usenet, there has never been an online message board with literally no rules. Never.

Free speech is the ability to express controversial ideas without being censored, not the ability to shout "fire" in a crowded movie theatre. I haven't seen anything like the former being stifled here, just the latter.

Other than myself? No.
I agree about the fire thing

if a person makes a legally viable threat (I'm gonna go to punishedgnomes house to kill him) that could be bannable

saying someone doesn't like this or that or something/someone should not be bannable

no opinion/belief should be bannable in a free speech forum

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone been banned for expressing an opinion of belief on Agora Road, though? It seems like all the moderation/banning of Nagolbud was all purely for shitting up the forum.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Other than myself? No.
I agree about the fire thing

if a person makes a legally viable threat (I'm gonna go to punishedgnomes house to kill him) that could be bannable

saying someone doesn't like this or that or something/someone should not be bannable

This isn't even a free speech forum. You supported the nagol ban anyway

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Right. Because my opinions/beliefs are against your rules

as we've discussed before, the rules (or at least the outlawing of opinions) are bad rules, friend
I've already told you, I'm not gonna let you turn this into a nazi forum. The rules stand. show me a place with no rules

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I've already told you, I'm not gonna let you turn this into a nazi forum. The rules stand. show me a place with no rules

dum dum, I never said anything pro-nazism. I'm militantly anti nazi

places have rules, not all rules are valid. Rules against harm (like a murder or rape law) is good. Rules outlawing beliefs is dumb. Full stop, primarily because beliefs don't harm anyon

having said that , there should be no ban on that either. Let it be a debate of ideals, not an echo chamber. That is what I believe a good forum would be

it's a matter of opinion of course, some people want a forum to be a "safe space" others like myself think that's retarded

you will always think certain ideas are bannable. I don't

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't suppose there's any chance anyone will tell me what he said to get banned. lol

Virtual Cafe Awards