Tell us why your favorite retro computer sucked

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Back in the day you would have never admitted that it was anything less than perfect, of course, but now, looking back... what would annoy you if your favorite retro system became your main computer again?

Attachments

• 20210111_104738.jpg
    20210111_104738.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 787
Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
当時、私はアミガと窓の両方を持っていました。それは草の丘のデザインです。当時のコモドアは、今日のリンゴとほとんど同じように、反抗的なコンピューターでした。そこにあるより風変わりなプログラムのいくつかのためにコモドールが私のお気に入りでしたが、私は窓が本当により効率的なオペレーティングシステムであったことを認めなければなりません。アミーガはたくさん壊れました

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sultana

⌰⍜⍙ ⏁⟟⟒⍀ ⏃⌰⟟⟒⋏
Reaction score
Awards
my pc i got a month ago

Attachments

• 09D3AA3B-B3D6-4590-A5FA-8CDE5112F5ED.jpg
    09D3AA3B-B3D6-4590-A5FA-8CDE5112F5ED.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 8E1D8A85-2E27-4D2A-9DB8-EA2417217727.jpg
    8E1D8A85-2E27-4D2A-9DB8-EA2417217727.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DC4CC2C2-D37C-4148-BE1D-E9DEEF97BAFF.jpg
    DC4CC2C2-D37C-4148-BE1D-E9DEEF97BAFF.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 163
Virtual Cafe Awards

Emmy Fitz

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The internet speeds. I'm too young to remember dial up but remember having a furiously slow PC back in the late 2000s, even going into the 2010s. For some reason, it just took forever to do anything. Send an e-mail, load a video, get a document ready to print. I hated it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
The internet speeds. I'm too young to remember dial up but remember having a furiously slow PC back in the late 2000s, even going into the 2010s. For some reason, it just took forever to do anything. Send an e-mail, load a video, get a document ready to print. I hated it.
Hate to say it Emmy but I think you just had a bad computer. My computers ran really well in the late 2000s for what we asked of it.

That being said, it was a desktop and if you're talking about laptops then yes you definitely had to spend alot more money to get usable power in the mid to late 2000s.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Emmy Fitz

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hate to say it Emmy but I think you just had a bad computer. My computers ran really well in the late 2000s for what we asked of it.

That being said, it was a desktop and if you're talking about laptops then yes you definitely had to spend alot more money to get usable power in the mid to late 2000s.
Oh I definitely did hahahah Me and my fam didn't have a ton of money at the time so we were just getting consumer computers and the cheapest internet. It wasn't until around 2012/2013 when we finally upgraded. Being able to play games with my friends blew my mind

Virtual Cafe Awards
Oh I definitely did hahahah Me and my fam didn't have a ton of money at the time so we were just getting consumer computers and the cheapest internet. It wasn't until around 2012/2013 when we finally upgraded. Being able to play games with my friends blew my mind
Haha that was right near when league of legends peaked. In my city (Sydney) internet cafes experienced a revival of the internet cafe that lasted for quite a while when league blew up. Even the dingy local suburban net cafes were still getting crowded out at night.

I remember going to a local net cafe and just a mad crowded vibe of people playing on a Friday night before they headed out to the clubs.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Emmy Fitz

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Haha that was right near when league of legends peaked. In my city (Sydney) internet cafes experienced a revival of the internet cafe that lasted for quite a while when league blew up. Even the dingy local suburban net cafes were still getting crowded out at night.

I remember going to a local net cafe and just a mad crowded vibe of people playing on a Friday night before they headed out to the clubs.
Internet cafe's seem like such a trip. Closest I'd get to needing one is like my university library or something hahaha

Virtual Cafe Awards
Internet cafe's seem like such a trip. Closest I'd get to needing one is like my university library or something hahaha
hahah when i was a kid in the early 2000s they boomed for a while because of necessity, everyone had crap internet and experiencing near zero ping gaming was a revelation.

But they stuck around for a very long time after that mostly because of the social aspect of gaming next to your buddies.

Cheap night out when you and your buddies grab a pack of red bulls and some instant ramen and go for the all night special at the net cafe lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hypnos95

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Used to visit my late great grandparents on my mother's side every Friday as a kid, cuz they had cable, internet, and snacks. My great grandpa would let me use his computer to browse the internet and play internet games, which at the time was pretty sweet since I didn't have internet at home but I will not miss the dial-up I had to deal with. Slow, and whenever someone used the phone it pretty much put a stop to whatever you were doing. I still remember the buzzing the dial-up modem would make at times. :confused:

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Used to visit my late great grandparents on my mother's side every Friday as a kid, cuz they had cable, internet, and snacks. My great grandpa would let me use his computer to browse the internet and play internet games, which at the time was pretty sweet since I didn't have internet at home but I will not miss the dial-up I had to deal with. Slow, and whenever someone used the phone it pretty much put a stop to whatever you were doing. I still remember the buzzing the dial-up modem would make at times. :confused:
信じられないかもしれませんが、インターネットにダイヤルアップすることには一定の利点がありました。たとえば、ここ大阪には、固定電話でクレイジーなトリックを実行し、さまざまな声や物事を取得する方法について、いくつかの悪名高いガイドがいました。これは、コンピューターと電話がリンクされる前は不可能でしたが、今ではこれらのトリックのほとんどは不可能です。

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I couldn't start it up in the middle of the night without waking my parents, not because of dial-up sounds (which I am admittedly just too young for), but the sound of the disc drive booting
That, and the loud-ass fans that kicked into overdrive the moment the Pc came on because none of us ever cleaned the dust out of it lmao. costanzayeahrightsmirk

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa